Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Awake and unafraid

****A MONTH LATER****

RAYS POV.

Just about everyone has been to see me. The guys, my parents, some more random people in my family and Lauren even flew back over here to see how I was doing. The guys from Green Day were here yesterday and they snuck in Billie Joe's old acoustic guitar to play to me.

Bob has hardly left my side through this whole thing. Day and night he's been there, holding my hand, talking to me, trying everything he can to get me to wake up. I want to, I want to wake up so badly but I just can't, I don't understand how.

I'm awake inside my head, not all of the time, but I can hear everything going on around me and feel people when they touch me.

Over this last week Bob has been here less. He's spent more time at night here, he always tells me what time and what day it is, I guess to give me a scale of things and how long I've been out. He was here very late last night and when he talks to me he keeps mentioning something hes learning to do for me, but not mentioning exactly what it is and it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I really hope he tells me soon.

I heard the door open and someone walk over to my bedside. No a few people walk over to my bedside by the sound of it.

"Hey it's just me again," said Bob softly.

Yes but who is with you?

"You know that thing I've been saying about, something I've been learning to do, well I learned it and I'm going to show you," he continued.

"This is probably going to be totally shit but I tried OK?" I heard him say and then I heard another voice.

"No man, for a beginner you really got this going down." That's Frankie by the sound of it I think.

"Yeah seriously dude, If I could pick things up as fast as you just did in two weeks, I would be fucking incredible by now." Is that Billie Joe's voice? I can't tell.

"Shut up man you are amazing! Your like a legend!" said Bob. It must be Billie Joe and Frankie with him, I don't hear anyone else.

"Yeah well anyway... I hope this works 'cos we've tried just about everything else," said Frank with a sigh. It was true, they had. Gee had came and sung to me, Frank had played his guitar, Mikey had spent hours talking to me, they had put music on that I liked to try and jog my memory, and sung along to it - badly I must add. My family had talked to me, Lauren had talked to me, Green Day had played some songs acoustically, with Tre on the tambourine and Bob had spent days at a time here, always holding my hand.

I wondered why he hadn't taken my hand this time, he always does, it's normally the first thing he does, whether or not there are other people here.

"Yeah well I'll give it a try," said Bob.

"Just play it like you did the other day at my place, that was perfect that time," said Frank, play what? What am I missing here?

"Alright well here it goes."

Somebody started playing an acoustic guitar. I could tell it wasn't Frankie right away, it was a completely different style. It wasn't Billie Joe either, whoever was playing was definitely a beginner to guitar as they made quite a lot of small mistakes and fumbled when they changed chord. I didn't recognize the song either.

I listened closely to the song, it was beautiful, simple, but beautiful. No-one was singing which made me think that it was the kind of song that didn't need words. It also made me wonder who was there playing to me, I had definitely only heard three sets of feet walk into the room so that means that it's...

Every single particle of my body was concentrating on getting my eyes open. I had to see who it was that was playing, I seriously think it's Bob. He learned to play guitar just for me? That is so sweet of him. He must have hoped that it would wake me up if it was him playing, if I knew it was him playing and that he had done this just for me.

Bob stopped playing and sighed, he must have thought it hadn't worked or wasn't going to. Suddenly, I was able to wrench my eyes open and I blinked in the bright light. Before I could say anything I was leapt on by a small person.

"OH MY GOD!!" Squealed Frankie, hugging me tight.

"RAY!!!" cried Bob and joined in the hug too.

"Oh hell, why don't I just jump in aswell!" said Billie Joe, piling in too.

"I missed you guys so much!" I choked through tears of happiness.

"We can't even describe how much we missed you," sobbed Frank, still hugging me just as tight.

"I missed you too! Where's everyone else?" I asked as they all let go of me.

"They didn't come down here today, they're coming to see you later. It's just we weren't sure if this would work so... they didn't come down, they're at the bus with Mike and Tre but I can go call them now if you want to see everybody?" said Frankie, still crying tears of happiness and talking very fast.

I nodded and he left the room, pulling his cell phone from his pocket as he left.

"Bob was that you playing the guitar just then?" I asked and he blushed bright red.

"Yeah it was me, I know it was shit I just thought it might help," he mumbled.

"No it was good!"

"I told you man! You learned enough to make up your own song in like two weeks! You should be proud and not put yourself down," said Billie Joe, picking up the guitar himself and sitting down with it on his lap.

"You made that up? What you played just now?" Bob nodded and looked away awkwardly.

He sat down in his usual chair by the side of my bed and ran his hands through his hair which was growing back nicely after it had all fallen out. It was almost as long as it had been before it had fallen out now and it did look really great.

I sensed he was awkward because of Billie Joe being there and that he had something he needed to say.

I tried to sit up but my head throbbed and I grabbed it and sank back onto my pillows.

"Oh my god are you alright?" said Bob frantically.

"Dude I'm going to get a doc," said Billie Joe, setting down the guitar carefully in the corner and leaving the room in a hurry.

**************

BOBS POV

The seconds Billie had left the room I took Rays hand.

"Did you hear what I said to you before?"

"Yep, all of it and I still remember every word of it." he smiled and I smiled back.

"Are we... can we.... just forget this whole thing happened and start over?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"Let's just go back to where we left off and forget this ever happened OK?" he said.

"I'm really sorry it was all my fault I shouldn't have...." I started but he cut me off.

"Look, please don't do this, I feel like it's my fault, you think it's yours, we could argue over it forever and not get anywhere... let's just say it was nobodies fault and then we'll be fine with it," he said and I nodded gratefully.

"But... do you forgive me for being such a twat before?" I asked.

"Course I do now gimme a hug," he said, opening his arms for me to hug him.

I hugged him and never wanted to let him go. This was the moment I had dreamed of for the past month, being able to hold him in my arms and feel him hugging me back. When I let go he sat up slowly and stretched his arms out.

"Dude I ache everywhere from laying down for so long," he groaned.

"C'mere I'll rub your shoulders for you," I offered and he moved slightly so that I could.

I massaged his tense shoulders and neck for a while, I noticed this one spot on his neck that was really sensitive to my touch. I ran my fingertips over it softly and he moaned quietly. I leaned in and kissed it gently.

"Don't do that because you know where this will end up," he grinned and I smirked back.

"Yeah but I wanna!" I whined but he just laughed and leaned back on his pillows. I glanced at the door and then looked back at him.

"You know, these doors do have locks on them and I'm sure that after a month you must be just a little bit in need of a good fucking....." I started to try and persuade him but he cut me off.

"Yes I am, but this is not the time, I'm sure I'll be out of here in a week or so, just look forward to that," he said and I pouted.

"But I feel deprived. Frank and Gee have been going at it like a pair of particularly horny rabbits on the bus this month and I feel so jealous of them that I'm not gettin' any and they are!" I kept trying to convince him but he was having none of it.

"So while I was out, you never thought about getting with someone else?" he asked.

"Nope. Well at one point I considered raping Mikey, I got that desperate but I forced myself not to, I found a different way to distract myself from my sex deprived state," I said and he laughed.

"What like jacking off in the shower?" he giggled and I pretended to be outraged.

"I so totally never ever did that! Not once!" I gasped and he smirked.

"No it has nothing to do with that and you will find out when you get out of here," I grinned, glad to be getting my own back on him for teasing me.

"Tell me?" he pleaded.

"Nope, wait and see."

"Please?"

"Nope, look we better be quick because everyone will be back in here soon and I don't wanna have to share you with all of them," I said and pulled him in for a kiss.

At first he didn't kiss back but then he did and it was amazing. He opened his mouth and allowed my tongue in and we fought for dominance of the kiss, in the end I won and he kissed happily for a few minutes until I knew we had hardly any time at all before we would be interrupted. I broke the kiss and he tried to pull me back into it but I would let him.

"Sorry babe but they will be coming back soon and we could get caught by the doctors and then they will throw me out," I apologized.

"I don't care if the whole fucking world sees this, one more kiss can't hurt."

"Alright but we are so making this one worth it." I grinned and leaned back into the kiss, I kissed him much more passionately then the last time and the risk of getting caught made it much more intense. He bit at my lip ring and I moaned unintentionally, causing him to giggle.

"Whats... so.... funny?" I asked between smaller kisses.

"You moan like a little whore," he laughed and I blushed bright red.

"I do not."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't! Just don't bite my lip ring then!" I pulled back completely and stuck my tongue out at him.

"I didn't say it was a bad thing," he said seductively.

I leaned back in and re-attached myself to his lips. He bit my lip ring and it made me moan again, louder this time, I couldn't help it, that was my weak spot.

He stayed away from the lip ring throughout the rest of the kiss and when we pulled away I gave him an inquisitive look.

"I thought you liked playing with my lip ring," I laughed and he blushed.

"All your moaning was making me horny and I don't wanna have to explain it to the nurses when they check me over," he said and I laughed.

"I missed you so much," he said.

"I tried to come and see you everyday but I didn't know if you could hear me and I had a lot to do," I explained.

"No it's not that you didn't come to see me often enough it's just that I missed talking with you, kissing you, being able to hold your hand back, just this that we have now, I missed it."

"Well don't worry because there is plenty more of it for when you get out of here." I grinned at him just as the nurse came in with Billie Joe and Frank behind her.

"The guys will be here in twenty minutes," announced Frank happily.

The nurse checked Ray over and said that he should be able to go home in a few days, so long as he agreed to take it easy.

I couldn't wait to show him my surprise.

[A/N Remember to comment! The more comments I get, the faster the updates will come XD once again love to all my commenter's and subscribers!! xxxx]