Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Paint-ball.

[A/N First things first, this chapter is dedicated to Cam, for being the awesomeness and making me this layout (isn't it great?!) and for helping me out with some stuff going on at the moment. I would also like to thank everyone who has commented and subscribed, you guys are great and I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! xxxxx]

RAYS POV.

Everyone was waiting for us in the lobby and once Bob and I had joined the group we headed outside where there was two people carriers waiting to take us to wherever we were going this time. Frank, Gee, Bob, Lauren and I got into one whilst everyone else got in the other one and we all drove off towards wherever we were going.

Bob leaned his head on my shoulder and shut his eyes.

"You feel OK?"

"Yeah I'm absolutely fine, just a little tired is all."

"Go to sleep if you want, Lauren how far away is it?"

"Not far, I wouldn't bother sleeping or anything we'll be there in about half an hour," she said, God only knows what she has planned for us this time.

Bob and I were sat in the very back seats with Frank and Gee in front of us and Lauren up front with the driver. Frank and Gee were making out with hands all over each other and Bob had his head still rested on my shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my chest and held onto me tightly, making me smile and hold him in my arms in return.

"I love you," he said suddenly, making me smile even wider.

"I love you more," I grinned. He lifted his head up and looked me straight in the eye.

"You can't," he said simply before pulling me into a kiss. His tongue worked it's way straight into my mouth and massaged itself with my own. We made out for most of the trip until I noticed it suddenly get much colder and pulled away.

"It's gone all cold, why?" I said and looked out of the window. We had left the city and entered a deep forest, with tall tree's that blocked out the sun so that explained why it had gone cold. We drove further into the woods for about another 5 minutes until we stopped outside a wooden cabin.

"Where are we?" asked Frankie as we all climbed out of the car.

"I'll explain now," said Lauren as the Green Day guys and Mikey all climbed out of their car and both cars drove off.

Everyone gathered around in a kind of circle so we could all hear what Lauren had to say.

"Have any of you ever been paint balling before?"

"No," was the general response as some people just shook their heads.

"Well guess what were doing today?"

"Paintball?" said Frankie excitedly.

"You got it Frankie."

"Yay! It looks like so much fun!"

"Yeah until you get shot in the balls and you can't walk for a month," laughed Tre and Frank's face fell slightly.

"OK guys we need to go in the cabin thingy and it goes into a tunnel underground to a secret area of the forest where the paintball center is, we have the whole day and no one else is using it today so, we can do what we like."

"Did I ever tell you that your the best?" asked Frankie.

"Frankie, trust me, once you've been shot a few times you wont be saying that then." Lauren laughed and we all walked into the cabin where a dude was waiting for us. He took all our names and we all had to sign these forms saying it wasn't their responsibility if we hurt ourselves from using the equipment incorrectly and then he took us through the tunnel to the center.

It was about a fifteen minute walk through the tunnel and when we came out the other side we all gasped. We were stood in a forest clearing with similar cabins to the one we had just been in all around us. There were orange nets in the trees beyond the cabins and I guessed that was where you play.

A really big guy dressed in a camo gear came out of one of the cabins to greet us.

"Hey everybody I'm Mitch and I will be your instructor for today. Follow me please and we can get you kitted up." We followed him into one of the larger cabins and inside there were big boxes of overalls.

Tre practically dived on them.

"Hell yeah we get to wear jumpsuits!" He cried and we all laughed. We had plenty of fun trying to find the right sizes as they all fitted fairly badly and were in various states of paint coating. Mikey had real trouble finding some that fitted because he's so skinny, they were all hanging off him. Frank and Billie Joe ended up having to roll up the legs of their overalls to get them to fit properly and so that they would not trip.

They gave each of us a helmet with a visor which covered our face. Then came the guns, high powered compressed air paintball rifles. They gave one to Frankie and I saw his face light up.

I groaned.

"Never trust him with anything like that, he's dangerous enough without a weapon!" I cried and everyone laughed.

"Alright is everybody ready?" asked Mitch and we all fell silent.

"OK seeing as your all new to this I'll start you off with something easy. Do not shoot at each other when you are closer then five meters, do not remove your helmet, ever. If you break either of those rules you will have to sit the rest of the day out. Come here and I will split you into teams."

He picked us into teams, splitting up Frank and Gee and Bob and I. The finalized teams were:

Red team:
Frankie
Me
Tre
Lauren
Mike

Blue team:
Bob
Gee
Mikey
Billie Joe

It was agreed the blue team would choose the first 'arena' because they were smaller. We each put a strip of coloured tape around our arms and legs so we didn't shoot the wrong people.

BOBS POV.

We all stepped up to a notice board kind of thing with pictures of the different 'arenas' on there. There was shape field, mine field, barrels, castle, village and bridge attack. My team gathered in a huddle and we chose shape field because it looked fun. Basically it was a large area of forest, netted off, with various shaped wooden boards around everywhere to use as cover and a flag at either end. The objective was to get to the flag at your opponents end and raise it.

Mitch led us down to the shape field and instructed us to put of our helmets before entering the shooting zone. We each filled our guns with orange paint-balls, about 200 in each gun and each picked up a spare ammo case of 400 split into two small cylindrical tubes carried in the pockets of our overalls for if we needed them.

Once the helmets were on it was impossible to tell who was who and we all took up positions in the field. Gee stayed to cover the flag, Billie Joe and I were feeling crazy so we positioned ourselves behind a wooden board shaped like a small castle right near the front and Mikey hung more towards the back. Mitch blew a whistle and total chaos ensued.

I poked my head out from behind the wooden board and got his in the face instantly, smearing orange paint all over my visor so I couldn't see. Billie Joe was screaming bloody murder and shooting anything that moved. I quickly wiped my eyepiece clean and crawled out to the next wooden board.

I saw a leg poking out from behind a board about twenty meters in front of me. I shot at it, hit it and whoever it was yelped and withdrew their leg.

I crawled forward again as all around me people were shooting at each other and getting hit. I reached the board where I knew the person was hiding behind. I poked my gun over the top.

"SURRENDER!!" I yelled and they put up their hands and jogged off the field. The rules were if you get hit, you're out of that round but they had wiped off the paint and Mitch didn't see so they stayed in but now they were out.

I advanced further and found what looked like a riverbed. I hurled myself into it as a spray of orange paint-balls narrowly missed me and started to crawl along on my stomach, slowly advancing towards the flag. I crawled along through the sloppy mud, holding my gun out of it to keep it dry and getting nearer and nearer to the flag. I reached the end of the riverbed and looked out over the side.

The flag had one person positioned at it and I took aim and fired twice at them. One shot hit them in the chest, one in the upper leg, they fell to the ground and started frantically looked for whoever made the shot. They got up quickly and rubbed the paint off themselves and looked the exact wrong way to the way I was hiding. I shot them in the ass twice and they wheeled around and started shooting repeatedly at me, I ducked back into the riverbed. I poked my head up again and shot once, hitting them right in the stomach.

Whoever it was held their gun above their head and ran for the opening in the net to get out of the shooting area. I ran for the flag as fast as I could but as I was about to get it someone dived on me from my right.

"Sorry mate, that's mine!" cried Billie Joe as he hoisted the flag and we both cheered.

"ALRIGHT! Round one to the blue team!" yelled Mitch as we all made our way back over to the 'safe zone' which is where all the nets are and you are allowed to remove your helmet.

Ray, Frankie, Tre, Gee and Mikey sat or layed in various places on the floor. Mikey was whimpering and Gee was trying to comfort him and Frankie was laying on the ground, red faced and panting.

"Which one of you fuckers shot me in the ass?!" demanded Tre angrily as we all entered the netted area and pulled off our helmets.

"Were you covering the flag?"

"Yeah!"

"It was me!" We all laughed at the look on Tre's face.

"I only got hit in the leg and that was it so I guess I was pretty lucky," said Ray and I realized it was him who I made surrender.

"Well don't worry about it everybody, you will all get hit plenty more times today!" said Mitch cheerily as he took us on to our next arena which was bridge attack. In this one we had to get a 'bomb' across the bridge. The bomb was a plastic box about the size of an old computer monitor and Billie Joe grabbed it and made a suicide run across the bridge whilst I ran right behind him. We both got hit numerous times and good god did it hurt, like getting punched really really hard but in a smaller area with more sting to it.

We played two more arenas after repeating the bridge one twice so both teams got to have a go at planting the 'bomb' and then we stopped to have lunch. We all stripped off our overalls and left them in the cabin before heading to one of the other cabins to get some food. There was a canteen type thing and we all ate and talked happily.

I pulled up my shirt and found I had five large bruises forming where I had been hit and I expected to get more over the afternoon. Ray had more bruises then me and Billie Joe had more bruises then all of us put together. After our 'bruise inspection' We headed back out to play our final two arenas, Castle and Mine field.

FRANKS POV.

We all headed out to the castle and it turns out its just like a mini castle with two floors made of wood at the top of a hill. We had gotten hold of the rolls of tape we used to mark which team we were on and used them to write our names on our overalls in tape. I was 'F', Lauren was 'LOZ', Gee was 'G', Mikey was 'M' and Billie Joe was 'BJ', Everyone else just wrote their name. I could tell these last two rounds would be more fun because we could tell who was who, it would make it more competitive.

My team got into position at the top of the hill in and around the castle and the others all took up various positions at the bottom of the hill, preparing to storm the castle and raise the flag attached to the front wall.

Mitch blew his whistle and once again, we descended into all out chaos. It was like the ghost of you video all over again except with real firing guns and real pain when you get shot.

From my post on the top of the castle I could see everyone. I saw Ray make a spectacular dive to try and get to Tre and help him but Billie Joe took them both out. Shit we're two players down. I quickly took out Billie Joe but that wasn't who I was most worried about. Bob was amazing at this, he could sneak around, he could sprint, and he could aim well and he was a serious danger to the flag.

I noticed 'M' trying to sneak up the right flank and shot at him, missing badly most shots, until eventually I heard him yelp and he ran off the pitch to behind the safety net. With the help of my team mates downstairs in the 'castle' we picked off the rest of the Red team but suffered heavy losses until it was only Bob and I left.

I couldn't see him anywhere, my eyes strained to pick out any sign of movement amongst the trees but he must have been really well hidden. There was nothing for a whole tense ten minutes until he finally made a break for the flag from laying behind a nearby log.

I shot at him but he was moving too quickly for me to tell if they made contact as he dived onto the floor and hoisted the flag triumphantly to cheers from his team mates and boos from mine. I clambered down the steps inside the castle and he patted me on the back.

"Nice shots, you hit me about 15 times," he panted.

"That's not fair!"

"Yeah it is, none of them burst because you were too close, they just hurt like a bitch."

"Oops sorry," I apologized quickly in case he was mad.

"Nah it's alright, no worries." He pulled off his helmet and grinned, pushing his sweaty fringe back off his face. I did the same, seriously feeling the heat in these heavy overalls.

We repeated the castle again with my team charging the flag. We won by Tre, Mike and Lauren all charging at once. Tre and Mike in front and once they were both hit Lauren dived and took the flag.

We then went on to our final match which was mine field. The rules were different here, we were allowed to take hits but if we set off a mine we were out. Ray set off the first mine, it shot a huge spray of green paint all over him and blew him clean off his feet.

Mikey was next, trying to sneak around and he put his foot on one without realizing and got coated in pink. We were all being hit repeatedly by each other and it got a bit stupid until in the end it was only Bob, Gee and Billie Joe left.

From where I was in the safety zone I could see Billie Joe and Bob hidden high up in a tree and Gee looking very confused as he looked for them whilst trying not to get mined.

"Gee look up!" I called and he looked frantically up into the tree. Bob and Billie Joe both let rip and shot the shit out of him, he fell to the round and set off a mine, releasing a cloud of bright purple paint.

A few minutes later we all went into the enclosure to get Bob out of the tree. He wouldn't come down, he kept panicking he was too high.

"No you won't fall, please come down?" said Ray exasperatedly as Bob clung on to the branch tightly.

"No I'm fine, I'll just stay here."

I sighed and retreated about 10 metres before taking aim and shooting at Bob, hitting him in the back.

"HEY!"

"Well come down then!"

"Alright I'll try," he said and shifted a little. Billie Joe, Tre, Gee, Mike and Mikey were all in stitches watching his disgraceful attempt at descending the tree.

"Jump I'll catch you!" said Ray.

"You sure?"

"Yeah do it!"

"Alright," Bob leapt and landed on Ray but Rays legs gave out and they both ended up on the floor.

"PILE ON!" I cried and we all piled onto them and they groaned loudly.

"Ergh whos dick is in my face?!" came Bobs muffled voice.

"I think it's mine, YAY!" said Tre and he started thrusting his hips and we all laughed as we stood up.

Bob pushed Tre off him and stood up angrily.

"You crossed the line man... please can you just stop this now?"

"Aww... alright... but I was having so much fun," said Tre, pretending to sulk.

We all handed back our guns and overalls and helmets and piled back into the cars to go back to the hotel. Battered and bruised we all were but we had a lot of fun today. In the car I snuggled into Gee's warm chest and dozed off until he gently shook me awake back at the hotel.

"Sugar come on let's go up to the room," he said softly.

"Too tired," I nuzzled back into his chest.

"Should I carry you?"

I nodded and he picked me up bridal style and carried me into the lift. Ray and Bob jumped in quickly and the doors closed. I shut my eyes and only opened them again when I heard the doors ping open when we reached our floor. Ray and Bob ran off to their room and I saw Ray grab Bob's ass and heard them both giggle as he unlocked the door and they went inside, locking it behind them. This made me smile as Gee carried me carefully, they were so happy, I hope things go really well for them.

"Sugar can you get the key from my pocket?" said Gee as we reached our doorway.

I reached down and tried to find his pocket.

"I can't reach your pocket, It's OK, put me down I think I can walk from here."

He set me down gently on my feet and we went into the room, locking the door behind us. We both stripped down to our boxers and curled up in our warm bed, falling asleep happily in each others arms.