Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Freedom

BOBS POV

"Oh my god, they didn't!, they can't have!" I tried to tell myself that it would all be OK, that this wasn't happening but it was no good, I just had to face the fact that I could die in here.

"We have to get out! right NOW!" yelled Gee, pounding his fist against the wall, hard.

"Well how are we going to do that! The walls are not going to move are they! The door is nailed to the fucking frame! What are we supposed to do just wait in here and get burned alive?" I raged, directing all my anger at Gee, even though he really didn't deserve it.

"Shut up fatass it's not my fault we're stuck in here! Just piss off will you!" he yelled back.

"You shut up! It's not my fault we're in here either! You can find your own way out, you're a twat!"

"No, you're a twat!"

"NO! YOU'RE A TWAT!"

"SHUT UP!"

"MAKE ME!"

"FINE I WILL!" Gee dived at me, punching every part he could reach and I hit him back with everything I had. We fought for a few minutes until thin wisps of smoke started to curl through the crack at the bottom of the door frame.

I ran full force at the door, hitting it with my shoulder and bouncing off and hitting the floor. I got back up and ran into it again and again, each time I failed I felt more despair build up inside of me. If I don't get out, if the worst should happen, I'll never see Ray again.

I forced an image of him into my mind and rammed the door again, this time it let out a loud splintering noise and moved a little. Gee looked up from where he was sat on the floor.

I hit the door over and over again, each time the image of Ray in my mind becoming stronger and stronger as my determination to see him again got me though that door.

It gave way completely and I fell full force onto the floor outside the room. The corridor was full of smoke, It wasn't very thick yet but it smelled very strong and made me cough violently as I breathed in a large amount of it.

"Let's get the hell out of here," said Gee, offering me his hand and helping me up. I smiled and hugged him quickly.

"Sorry," I said as I pulled away and he nodded and returned the apology before we started to run down the length of the corridor, trying to find the stairs.

We found them easily but they were completely blocked with crap like old furniture strewn everywhere. If we had tried to climb down we would have fallen and broken our necks.

"We can't go this way! There was to be some more stairs somewhere in this place!" said Gee, looking around desperately for another way down.

"Lets try the other end of the building, maybe we can go out on the fire escape?" I suggested and we quickly ran the length of the corridor, back past our cell room and to the double doors at the end.

I took a deep breath and pushed them open and regretted it immediately. I wall of heat hit me full on and I stumbled backwards, a sickening crackling sound filling my ears. I scrambled to my feet again and followed Gee into the room before us. It was what I had been hoping and praying for this whole time. An emergency exit sign.

I never thought in my whole life that I would be so thankful to see that little symbol on the wall of that man is fluorescent green paint pointing the way but now I thanked god for it. Gee and I followed the direction the little sign was pointing and came to a door with a push bar, I just prayed it wasn't locked.

I pushed it and the cool morning air rushing in to meet me was one of the biggest reliefs I have ever felt in my life. We were almost there.

"Bob! Do you think this stuff is safe?" called Gee over the sound of the now roaring flames and indicating the rusted external fire escape stairs.

"No! It's not and I don't even want to know how high up we are just walk down and be very careful!" I called back and started to carefully descend the rusted stairs. I avoided looking down for as long as I possibly could until the curiosity became too great and my concentration on not looking down slipped for just one second.

I looked over the edge and immediately my phobia took full control of my body. I have always hated heights but this was just another thing altogether! About ten storeys up a burning tower block on a rusty staircase at around 6am with nobody around to help you. Just great, absolutely bloody marvelous.

"Bob, I know your scared but you have to keep moving! Ray is at the bottom! He's right there waiting for you, you can do this just keep moving or this whole thing could fall!"

Gee was right. The iron stairs creaked ominously as we stood precariously at a part where the handrail Had rusted off altogether and at some point fallen to the unsuspecting street below. A window above us shattered and we were rained on with bits of broken glass and burning plasterboard.

I started moving again, as fast as I possibly could towards solid ground. I need to see Ray again, I have to speak with him and hold him in my arms. He is my reason for living and he is my reason for getting myself out of here as fast as I possibly can.

About four floors down, Ge and I reached a point where the stairs had lost a whole chunk and we had to jump to continue, jump with no harness to a platform that may not even be secure. I went first and thought I was going to fall and had misjudged my jump when I seemed to be coming up short of the platform but managed to, with a sickening thud and sharp pain through my chest, latch myself on with my chest and upper arms and pull myself up. Gee jumped next, somewhat more gracefully than me and landing perfectly on the platform next to me which to my horror, started to creak violently and buckle under our combined weight.

"Quick! Run!" I yelled to Gee who started to sprint down the remaining stairs with me hot on his trail. As we got lower the damage to the stairs was less but all the windows were broken and had flames licking out at us. We reached the bottom where the ladder should have been to get down the final fifteen feet or so but the ladder wasn't there.

"We have to jump!" said Gee and I backed away from the edge.

"No way!"

Another window exploded in a ball of fire and rained debris down on us again. A piece of glass hit my face and I felt it cut the skin near my eye and down the left side of my face but I didn't care. I blinked blood out of my eye and looked down at the ground again.

"Gee, I can't do it! I can't, it feels so high up and I'll break my leg when I land! I can't do it Gee!" I felt like crying, falling apart in despair and desperation. We had come so far just to fall at the final hurdle all because of my stupid fear of heights.

"Bob, I'll go first, just let yourself hang off the side and bend your legs when you land, you'll be fine." Gee lowered himself off the edge and hung by his fingertips, legs outstretched to their full extent and then he dropped. Landing awkwardly on the hard sidewalk below and yelping in pain.

The stairwell part I was on now was on fire from the flamed pouring from the window, the heat was burning me, It felt like the 'Famous Last Words' video all over again. But this was no video. This was not a set up with medics and firemen standing by, this was the real deal and I had to jump for my life, and to see Ray again.

I let myself hang just as Gee had done, my hands burning on the red hot metal and I let go. I hit the concrete and forgot to bend my legs, sending white hot pain from my legs through my body. I lay next to Gee, crumpled on the ground, listening to the faint sound of approaching sirens as pain racked my body. That was the last thing I knew before blacking out from the intenstiy of it.

At least it was over.

******************RAYS POV******************

Six am! Who the hell calls at six in the morning? I thought to myself angrily as I reached across to the bedside table for my cell.

"Hello?"

"Ray? They've got them, Gee and Bob, they're hurt but they're safe."

"Oh my god Brian! Where are they now? I'll be right there." I scrambled out of bed and started pulling on any clothes I found scattered around the room whilst still listening to Brian try to explain what was going on.

"They're at the hospital, the fire brigade picked them up from outside a burning tower block. All I know so far is that they both jumped almost twenty feet to get out of there and are both hurt, they wont tell me anything else."

"Brian which hospital?"

"New York Capitol hospital, they just got there apparently."

"What do you mean apparently?"

"Turn on the TV to any news station."

I hurried to the lounge once I was fully clothed and turned on the TV quickly and flicked it to the news station. The reporter was just beginning the headlines.

"We are receiving a live breaking news report from New York city, missing members of the band 'My Chemical Romance' have been found. These clips show the two men as firefighters put out the blaze in the derelict hotel they appear to have been held in."

A blurry image appeared on the screen, taken with a mobile phone camera by the looks of it. It showed two firefighters rushing over to two slumped figures on the ground, Bob and Gee. Gee was lying motionless but Bob couldn't have been more different than Gee. He was still at first but then jolted upright and was writhing in pain and struggling as the firemen tried to lift him to take him towards an ambulance that had just arrived on the scene. The firemen let him go and he tred to limp back towards Gee, causing them to stop him again and take him kicking and screaming by the looks of it to the ambulance. I saw the firemen rush back over to Gee and then the video cut out.

I felt sick. He looked in so much pain and I just wished it could have been me instead so he didn't have to go through it.

"Gerard Way, 30 and Bob Bryar 27 have been missing for 10 days and held for ransom which..." I shut off the TV and quickly said goodbye to Brian who was still on the phone.

I dashed back upstairs to wake Frankie. I burst into his room and shook him violently awake.

"Frankie! wake up!"

"What is it?" he said groggily as he came to his senses.

"They found Gee and Bob and they've taken them to the hospital! We need to go see them right now!" He jumped out of bed and threw on some clothes that were scattered around on the floor before going to wake up Mikey who was also ready in no time at all. We left Alicia to sleep and Mikey wrote her a note and left it on the pillow telling her not to worry.

We all piled in my car and I sped towards the hospital, desperately hoping that Gee and Bob were both going to be OK.

[A/N Well there it is, as promised, comment and let me know what you thought of the big escape! xxxxx

P.S A HUGE thanks to everyone who has commented and subscribed so far! I now have 8 stars and am going for the 10 so keep it up and help me out! Also, I would REALLY LOVE to get to 300 comments before chapter 52... so if ALL my readers comment once per chapter, I will manage this so PLEASE help me out here guys! Thanks again xxxxxxxxxx]