Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Christmas eve

**************TWO WEEKS LATER*****************

FRANKIE'S POV

Oh my god!! It's Christmas eve and I don't think I could get anymore excited. I have just finished moving in with Gee to our new house we bought in Jersey, yes that means Gerard has moved out of his mom's basement, I never thought I'd see the day that happened. His parents and mine have been very accepting to our relationship and I'm thankful for that, I know Ray and Bob had some problems because of it.

Bob told his parents he was gay and they flipped out. His dad gave him a black eye and as far as I know now they have not spoken since, this was over 3 months ago now but I know Bob still gets not too happy about it to say the least.

"Come on sugar! We're going to be late," called Gee up the stairs as I frantically rushed to finish straightening my hair before we went out to some Christmas party we were invited to with all the guys at Ray and Bob's house.

"Be there now Gee!" I called down the stairs as I turned off my straighteners and looked in the mirror to check my overall appearance. I fiddled with a few strands of stray fringe until I was happy then bounded downstairs and gave Gee a big hug.

"You look great sugar," he smiled.

"You don't look too shabby yourself," I said with a smirk, looking him up and down. He was wearing tight blue jeans pulled down low so you could see a fairly large amount of his boxers and a plain black t shirt. Simple but effective.

He took my hand and we walked out to the car. The evening air was bitterly cold and our breath rose as a fine mist in front of us. We got to the car and Gee turned on the ignition, cranking the heater up to full to warm us up. We sang along loudly to the radio for the whole drive over to Ray and Bobs place and I realized how truly happy I am to have Gee, how lucky I am and that I feel complete when he's around.

We got out of the car and small snowflakes were just starting to fall from the inky black sky, looked like we would get a white Christmas this year. We ran up the path and knocked the door, to be met with a smiling Mikey who hugged us both tightly as he let us in. What I didn't realize was that our parents were all here too, except for Bobs.

My mom hugged me and Gerard and my dad gave me a hug and shook Gee's hand before hugging him too. Even though my parents may be divorced, they will still go to things like this so that I can see the both of them at once.

I could tell Bob was unhappy. He was smiling and laughing with Ray and his future mother and father in law but his eyes told a different story. They were completely emotionless, hollow and empty and they really gave away his real emotions which were not ones of happiness.

I walked over and joined in their conversation for a while. One more fake smile from Bob crossed the line for me and I grabbed him by the ear and frogmarched him from the room. I didn't stop until we were on the upstairs landing.

"What Frankie?"

"Bob, I know your upset, whats wrong?"

He looked away from my eyes and twisted the engagement ring on his finger distractedly as he seemed to struggle for words.

"I.. I want... I should be talking to Ray about this, I'm sorry Frankie, I'll try to cheer up a bit, I mean, I'm being a miserable bastard and It's Christmas eve, I'm just spoiling the mood and clearly my fake smiles aren't that good," he said with a sigh, meeting my eyes for only a second and then looking back to the floor. Another twist of the ring, I noticed his hands were never still.

"Bob, you can talk to me about anything, anything in the world, I wont tell a soul I swear." I looked into his eyes until he looked back and his anger seemed to fade as his blue pierced my hazel.

"Alright, but you can't tell anybody."

I nodded and he leaned in to my ear in case anybody was listening in from the downstairs landing.

"Well, for a while now I've had this weird feeling and I couldn't figure it out but now I know what it is. It's loneliness, I'm incomplete Frankie," he pulled away from my ear, clearly struggling for words.

"How can you be incomplete, you and Ray are perfect for each other, your getting married in... some time whenever you arrange it... how can you feel incomplete?"

"A f..family Frank, I want a family. I want my parents back and maybe to become a parent myself sometime in the future, I need to talk to Ray."

"That is one huge step you know that right? Would the two of you adopt a child? Would you be ready?"

"I'm ready for it and yes It's the only way, as far as I know of anyway so yeah I guess we would but that's a long way off yet, I need to make things right with my parents because it really is hurting me now," his eyes filled with tears and he looked back down to the floor. I pulled him into a hug with difficulty as he is a fair amount taller than me and hugged him until I thought he would be OK.

Just as we pulled away Ray came up the stairs, the walkabout house phone in his hand.

"Bob, it's your mom," he said and handed the phone to Bob before going back downstairs, I smiled to Bob to wish him luck and followed Ray back into the lounge.

***************BOBS POV.****************

"Hi mom."

"Hello Robert dear how are you doing?"

"How am I doing? How do you think I'm doing?"

"This is what I called you for Robert..."

"Don't call me that. Don't you dare try and do that to me, you remember what you said to me that night? Do you remember?"

"Yes I remember..."

"Tell me, Mom, what did you say to me when I told you I was gay?" I sat down on the step I was stood on and felt myself becoming more and more angry.

"I said I was disappointed."

"What else did you say to me? Do you expect me to forgive you for saying that no son of yours would ever be gay? So you have no son?"

"I... I didn't mean it, Bob I really didn't, it was just the shock and now I'm willing to accept you whoever this boyfriend of yours is."

"So that's it is it?" I said venomously, I never dreamed I would ever speak to my own mother this way.

"That is what I wanted to say, and I'm sorry that I hurt you."

"Well... tough shit mom. I came out and said what I said to your face and you don't even have the balls to do that! You just call me up and try to make things right? On Christmas eve?! Don't call again, don't come over, do not contact me or my fiancee, that's right mom I'm getting married, to a man and he's the man I love and want to spend the rest of my life with! Your not going to change that!" I was almost shouting now and everyone in the lounge had gone very quiet and I think they were listening.

"No your right, I cant change that, Again I am asking you to forgive me and your father wants a word with you so, goodbye and happy Christmas son."

"Hi Robert," came my dads voice a second later, full of sarcasm.

"Hello my wonderful father how are you?" I spoke with just as much sarcasm and Ray came out into the hall and shut the lounge door behind him.

"I'm great, now pleasantries aside I hold a very different view on this then your mother."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You would know what it meant if you ever listened you stupid boy! You don't know what you're doing! You can't get married I will not allow it, this man whoever your dating, does he tell you he loves you?"

"Why should I dignify that with a response? OF COURSE HE LOVES ME AND I LOVE HIM! WHY ELSE WOULD WE BE GETTING MARRIED YOU FUCKING RETARD!"

"He tells you he loves you but he doesn't. Nobody loves you, you have no parents, you will never have kids with your fag boyfriend and he doesn't even love you, he only likes you because your in that stupid band! He wants to take it all away from you, he doesn't love you Robert, nobody does."

"No," tears stung in my eyes and Ray stood helplessly at the foot of the stairs as I fought them back "No dad your wrong, Ray loves me and we're getting married, we'll have a family some day and I wont ever need you for anything ever again."

"Why would anybody love someone like you? Look at you! JUST LOOK AT YOURSELF!" He screamed down the phone so loud I had to hold it away from my ear but if its a shouting match he wants then its a shouting match he will get.

"YOU TWAT! YOU HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED ME IN ANYTHING I DID! ANYTHING AT ALL! WHAT KIND OF A PARENT ARE YOU?! WHEN I TOLD YOU I WAS GAY YOU GAVE ME A BLACK EYE FOR GODS SAKE! YOUR MY FATHER AND YOUR MEANT TO BE THERE FOR ME."

"I'M NOT YOUR FATHER! I HAVE NO SON!" I was left with his closing sentence and the steady sound of the dial tone as he hung up on me. Ray gave up watching and came up to help me to my feet and hug me tightly.

"Don't listen to him, I love you, I always will I promise," he whispered in my ear as he hugged me tight and I hugged him back. But somehow I couldn't believe him, The words I wanted to hear most right now and I couldn't help but think that maybe my dad was right, I mean just look at me, who would love anybody like me?

"Thanks Ray, I love you too, let's go back downstairs and have some fun with the others."

"One more thing?"

"What is it?"

"When you said we would have a family some day, did you mean it?" I looked up into is beautiful brown eyes and to my surprise they were full of tears.

I took his hands in my own," Yes Ray I did mean it, I want kids someday and I want them with you, I know it's not biologically possible but its what I want more then anything in the whole world, a family." My own eyes filled with tears that threatened to spill over.

"We'll find a way. Even if we adopt we'll raise the kids as our own, I want it too, so so so much." I hugged him tightly.

"We'll find a way, there has to be a way somehow," Ray nodded and I took his hand and we re-entered the lounge. I felt everyones eyes on me so I smiled to show I was OK. Rays parents hugged me and told me that I was very welcome to become part of their family and not to listen to my parents as it was their mistake and not mine, which I was very grateful for as that was what I needed to hear right then.

We all talked and laughed until almost midnight when we all sat around on the couches and extra chairs put around so everyone could sit and we watched some Christmas film that I don't even remember what it was called until it was midnight. We all swapped presents that we had for each other but didn't open them, we saved that until everyone had got home. When we sat back down on the couches Ray and I sat next to Mikey and Alicia. I noticed Mikey had his hand on Alicia's huge baby bump and a perplexed look on his face.

"Mikey whats up?" I asked at the expression on his face. He just shook his head and grinned wildly.

"The Baby's kicking," said Alicia with a smile, she looked at Mikey and laughed when she saw the expression on his face.

I felt so jealous at that moment I can't even describe it. Why can't Ray or me be a woman?! Its just not fair.

"Put your hand right there and you can feel it," said Alicia, taking my hand and placing it gently on her stomach just above where Mikey's hand was. I didn't feel anything for a few seconds but when I did my face split into a wide smile as I felt the little baby kicking.

"You are the luckiest people in the world you know that?" Ray said to them as I removed my hand and he placed his own on the bump.

"Yeah, just over two weeks left now!" said Mikey excitedly.

"I wouldn't be so excited if I were you," warned Alicia.

"Why not?"

"Because you will be getting up every hour of the night to take care of him that's why," she said and punched Mikey's arm lightly and playfully.

"I wont mind," said Mikey sincerely.

Ray removed his hand from the bump and held my hand with this big smile on his face.

"Whats all the smiling about?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Nothing, just I haven't given you your present yet and I know you will absolutely love it."

"Can I have it now?"

"No, you have to wait until everybody has gone home," he said with a smirk.

"Please?"

"Nope, I am sticking to the rules on this one, It will be right there," he pointed to a spot underneath the Christmas tree in the corner "at 9am when we've had some sleep."

"But I want it now!" I protested but it was useless and as the present wasn't there yet I couldn't go and open it.

"Just wait, It'll be so worth it," he smiled widely and I let my head droop onto his shoulder and snaked my arm around his waist.

Within the next hour everybody went home and Ray and I decided we would leave all present opening until the morning and went up to bed, the snow outside the window falling thick and fast.

[A/N sorry It's been a few days, will double update today, maybe even triple if I get the comments!! xxxxxx]