Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Trust me

MIKEY'S POV.

Alicia called me so I went outside to talk without waking anybody else up. I was a little hung over but not too bad as I didn't over do it that much last night. Just as I was saying to Alicia I would be home as soon as I could Bob came out of the house, his face emotionless. I could tell straight away something was wrong.

"Alicia, baby, I'll be home in like half an hour OK?"

"Hurry back Mikes, I miss you."

"I miss you too, bye, love you loads."

"Love you more," with that she hung up and I snapped my cell shut, slipping it back into my jeans pocket and approaching Bob who was stood with his back to me.

"Bob?"

He didn't answer, he just stood there stock still staring at some random spot in front of him. I put my hand on his shoulder and he tensed immediately so I withdrew it and stood in front of him so he had to look at me.

"Bob, what's wrong?"

"Mikey, I think you should go back inside, right now," he spoke with a forced calm in his voice.

"Talk to me, what's happened?"

"Get away Mikey."

"Bob?"

"I said get away, I just need to think right now."

"What is going on?"

"I SAID BACK OFF! JUST GET AWAY FROM ME MIKEY! I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS!"

"It's about Ray isn't it?"

He nodded and to my surprise broke down crying. I pulled him into a hug and he sobbed into my shoulder right there outside Gee and Frank's house.

"Bob what did he do, this must be serious?"

"He... oh my god Mikey... I.. I can't.... he...he... I love him Mikey, so much I really do," he was making no sense, completely hysterical by now.

"Bob, I need you to tell me what happened."

"Go upstairs, guest room."

I clapped him on the shoulder and walked back into the house and up the stairs. I approached the guest room and a feeling of sick dread washed over me. What the hell could Ray have done to make Bob so distraught like that?

I pushed the door and saw why Bob was so hysterical.

Clothes scattered the floor leading up to the double bed, some of them ripped. There lay Bob's fiancee, apparently gay, and the only thing that could have hurt Bob so much. Lauren. Ray had slept with her and Bob had found them. They were cuddled up underneath the blankets, both still fast asleep.

I backed out of the room and shut the door.

I ran back outside as fast as I could and found Bob sat slumped on the ground, crying hard.

"Bob, he didn't mean it, you know he was drunk he would never have done that intentionally to hurt you. He's gay Bob, he feels nothing for her," he stood up and advanced on me.

"OF COURSE HE MEANT IT! HE WOULDN'T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT UNLESS HE MEANT TO! HE RUINED EVERYTHING!!!" He yelled right in my face.

"Bob! No he didn't, he wouldn't, just give him a chance and maybe...." I didn't get the rest of the sentence out. Bob punched me in the stomach and knocked all the air out of my lungs, almost knocking me over. I spluttered for breath and looked back up at him, you could practically see the pure rage radiating off him.

"Thats... not any way... to solve any...thing," I got out through my desperate attempts to regulate my breathing.

He looked me right in the eyes. I could see the hurt in his, and the anger, and the pain, and the betrayal but I could also see my friend Bob who would never have hit somebody just because they were angry.

"Mikey I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have... I'm sorry I just got so angry," he hugged me like a brother and Tre and Mike came to the door.

"Whats going on out here?" asked Tre, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Both of you, go up to the guest bedroom and see if they're awake yet," I said and they didn't ask any questions, just did as I asked them after seeing Bob clearly had been upset.

"It will be all OK. Talk it out with him and her now, they didn't mean to, I'm sure they didn't. Ray isn't like that at all, he loves you more then anything and I know damn well that Lauren wouldn't do that either, she loves you like a brother man, and Ray, she's really happy for you two."

"Well she's got a funny way of showing it."

"Come back inside It's cold out here," we walked back into the house and into the lounge. A few moments after us an ill looking Billie Joe walked into the room and sat down on one of the couches.

"I drank way to much yester.. oh my god Bob are you alright?"

He nodded and sat down awkwardly, waiting for Tre and Mike to return.

Mike came solemnly into the room with Tre in tow.

"They will be down now."

The wait for them to come downstairs seemed to last a lifetime. Frank and Gee came down and were sat together all over each other and Bob was looking away very pointedly.

"Mornin' all," said Lauren, walking into the room, no sense of awkwardness at all but she didn't look at Bob.

"How are you?" asked Frank politely, completely unaware of the Bob/Ray/Lauren situation.

"Kind of tired," she said, stretching her arms as a tear-stained Ray came into the room.

He walked over to Bob and said something quietly to him and took both him and Lauren out of the room.

LAUREN'S POV.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say other then I'm sorry."

"That doesn't fix any of this!" Bob was getting angry.

"I didn't mean to.. I... I had too much to drink.... baby I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to," stammered Ray, still completely in shock.

I felt sick. I could have ruined there relationship with just my own carelessness and having too much to drink, this was all my fault.

"This is all my fault guys," I said, hanging my head in shame. I couldn't believe my own stupidity.

"It's nobodies fault, it was an accident and accidents happen, it will never happen again, you can't blame yourself because I was drunk too," explained Ray but Bob still wouldn't look at him.

"Are you two OK?" I asked and neither of them replied.

"Do you want to talk about it between yourselves?"

Again nothing.

"I just want the both of you to know that I am really really sorry and I swear I didn't know what was going on, I don't even remember hardly any of it this morning, please forgive me?"

Bob shook his head and Ray looked at me with tear-filled eyes.

"Just get out, you've said enough," said Bob and I nodded and felt tears well up in my eyes. I left the room quickly as they started to fall and ran back into the lounge. As soon as I opened the door I felt everyone eyes on me, giving me the filthiest looks I have ever got in my life.

"Look I'm sorry OK? Don't all hate me! We were drunk and it was nobodies fault."

"But what if you wrecked their relationship? They were supposed to be getting married and you just ruined everything!"

"You think I meant to? You think I meant for this to happen! I'm just as sorry as Ray is! I really am guys, I feel so guilty," I started to cry even more and Billie Joe came over and hugged me tightly.

"Let's just hope they can work it out, It's not your fault you both just had too much to drink and mistakes happen when you're drunk, don't they Tre?" We all laughed and the mood was considerably lighter in the room then but I couldn't help but still feel guilty about what was happening just a few rooms away.

RAYS POV.

"Bob, I swear, I thought it was you I really did," I tried to take his hand but he wrenched it away and both his hands clenched into fists that were shaking with anger.

"I don't know what to say to you I really don't."

"I love you so much I really, truly do, it was a mistake, I feel nothing for her. Please baby, just give me another chance," I was practically begging him to take me back.

"I don't forgive you. I don't forgive either of you, I'm shocked you would do this to me, I love you more then I've ever loved anyone else before in my whole life and you kind of threw that back in my face. Ray we're getting married in a few months time and you slept with somebody else! A woman too! What do you want me to do?"

I thought carefully for a few moments before answering him.

"All I want is another chance. To prove to you that I still love you, I love you more then ever and that this will never happen again, can you give me that?"

He nodded and smiled slightly before hugging me close. This was more then I deserved, he can do so much better and he's still taking me back, I must be the luckiest man alive.

"Ray, theres one thing I want you to know," he said after we had broken apart.

"What is it?" My brown eyes met his blue ones and I could feel the pure emotion he was feeling right now. I had hurt him so badly.

"I still love you but you broke my trust and I don't know if I will ever be able to trust you again. If we're going to make this work I have to completely trust you but I don't know if I can, ever again so this might have to be the end of us."

"Bob, you can trust me, please trust me?" I felt tears building up in my eyes. We slowly leaned in, keeping our eye contact until our lips just touched and we held it for just long enough to know what the other one felt. I knew what I had to do now.

[A/N This is one of the major chapters in the story. Kinda why the chapter is called trust me and so is the story... hehehe well anyway, comments please guys? And also, anyone who hasn't, check out my other story 'Forgotten' if you're a Bob Bryar or MCR fan xxxxx]