Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Moments

RAYS POV.

It was freezing cold on the hilltop but I didn't care, I had Bob to keep me warm. We got to the top and sat down on the damp grass, recounting the days events with Frank and Gee as we waited for midnight and the start of a whole new year.

"Your face Bob! When the plane took off! Your face!" laughed Frankie and Bob pulled a face, making him laugh even more.

"Yeah well you didn't look so great either!" He held my hands tight to keep them warm and I smiled and nuzzled my face into his neck.

"Tomorrow will be better," said Gee, cuddling Frankie close to keep themselves warm.

"I hope so," I said having found the plane experience truly terrifying.

"Is it midnight yet?" asked Frankie.

"Please, please as a last minutes of my birthday treat for me, don't keep asking questions," sighed Bob and I hugged him closer to me.

"Alright, but the second it becomes January the first, I am SOO going to annoy you!" Bob groaned and Frank and Gee laughed.

"Gerard how the hell do you put up with him and all his energy?" I asked and he gave a sly smirk.

"Well imagine all of that energy."

"Yeah?" asked Bob, confused.

"Imagine all of that energy in bed, I tell you something, It's not easy to keep up with," we all laughed and a few fireworks went off in the city.

The view from the hilltop was perfect, the night was clear and crisp and it overlooked the city with a breathtaking view. It was around ten to midnight when we all left the house so any minute now until the fireworks begin, celebrating the ending of a year and signaling the start of another.

So much we had faced this year, as individuals and together. Bob beat cancer and almost lost his life in the process, we got together, got engaged to be married, members of the band were kidnapped, Frank and Gee got together and engaged, Mikey had his son, so, so much in such a short space of time.

I paid no attention to the world around me as I wandered my memories, stopping at particularly strong ones, pushing aside the bad to make room for the good which I knew were to come.

"Ray?"

Bobs voice jolted me from my thoughts, I was met by his striking blue eyes.

"Hey," I grinned and he pulled me close. I noticed Frank and Gee had run off to find their own patch of hill to sit on, leaving Bob and I alone.

"You kinda, spaced out on me, what were you thinking about?" he smiled and I kissed him softly.

"Not much, just things that have been this year, and things to come."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I can't wait to see where we end up."

"Well, how do you picture it?"

I smiled and truly, honestly, thought for the first time about where I pictured myself in the future, my future I would be spending with Bob by my side no matter what.

"Well we'd have a house somewhere peaceful, plenty of space, and lots of rooms, we could christen each one -"

"Oh I like the sound of that!" said Bob with a cheeky smile, pulling me closer still.

"And.. after we did all that, maybe we'd find a way and have some kids." I looked into his eyes and saw that familiar longing I saw every time this subject came up.

"I'd like that."

"Mmm me too, how many kids do you want?"

"I dunno, as many as possible," he grinned cheekily and I hugged him tight.

"How many do you want?" he asked me.

"Like... as many as we can handle and still keep our sanity," I felt good knowing he wanted a few kids too, it made me feel less weird about it.

"So much has happened this year," he said softly. There was no need to speak up, silence was all around us except for the odd early firework.

"I know, but so much is still to come," he smiled and kissed me softly, jumping slightly when midnight arrived and the fireworks started to fly thick and fast. We kissed more forcefully, move passionately, more lovingly for a few minutes until he pulled away.

"Happy new year, I love you," he smiled and I smiled back, our faces less then an inch apart.

"I love you too and its only a happy new year because I get to spend it with you." We both looked out over the spectacular view, watching the brightly colored fireworks until I started to inch my lips closer to Bobs again, unable to avoid the temptation. We kissed again for a while until Frank and Gee arrived and decided to bother us.

"Come on, Joe said we need an early night for tomorrows task!" said Gee, dragging us to our feet and wrenching us apart.

"Do you people not understand that we were having a moment there?" demanded Bob, irritated with them.

"Have your moment back at the house."

"Moment?" I asked as Bob took my hand and we walked along the country lane back to the house we were staying in for the next few nights. No cameras anywhere thankfully.

"You know when you're just so in love with someone at that one moment and know it's gonna last?"

I grinned and nodded.

"Well, I was kinda having one of those," he blushed a little and I put my arm around his shoulders, his arm finding its way to around my waist.

"Me too." Trying to kiss and walk is not a good idea, so we settled for walking until we reached the house. We got inside the warmth and pulled off our coats, hanging them on the hooks in the lobby.

"Guys, you wanna watch the movie with us?" called Mikey from the sitting room.

I looked at Bob and he grinned and nodded.

"Yeah sure be right there," we kicked off out shoes and walked towards the sitting room. Before we could get there Lauren came out of the room and grabbed me by the upper arm, frog marching me into the kitchen at the other end of the house.

"We'll be right there," she called to the others and Bob nodded, flashing me another smile which I returned before going into the lounge.

"I need to talk to you."

[A/N I am a COMMENT WHORE!!! You know you love it really :D keep em coming people, you guys rock XD x.o.x.o.]