Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Just sleep

RAYS POV.

Leaving the hospital something occurred to me.

"Guys I just realized! we never went to see the firefighter that saved all our asses from burning alive!"

"Yeah let's ask somebody what room she's in," said Mikey. We asked at the front desk but we only had her first name, Lauren and the day she came in. The receptionist said she would look her up and after several minutes of fumbling around on her computer she said:

"Lauren Williams, room 201 on the fourth floor," she said pointing to the elevator.

"Thank you very much," said Gee politely and we all piled into the elevator, Frank did so a little apprehensively.

"Oh for fucks sake Frank just get in!" said Mikey. Frank shrugged and walked in, pressing the number 4 button.

Once on the fourth floor it took us another 10 minutes to find the room thanks to Mikey and Frank's directional skills. We knocked the door and waited for a reply.

"Come in!" called a female voice.

We opened the door and entered.

"Hi guy's how do you all feel? better now?" she asked us, very friendly. She was sat up in her bed, reading Kerrang! but she had a large bandage around her head.

"Yeah we were just going but we came to thank you first, what's your name?" said Frank.

"I'm Lauren and don't thank me I was only doing my job, It's nothing really."

"Don't be stupid! you saved all of us from burning alive! the least we can do is say thank you. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know OK?" said Gee.

"Yeah anything just you name it," Mikey said.

"Well there is one thing, I play drums but my band is splitting up, do you know of any band's in need of a drummer. Speaking of drummers, where is Bob?" Tears stung at my eyes. I felt horrible knowing that somewhere in this very building Bob was having all sorts of horrible chemicals pumped into his body to try and make him better. I shut the thought out of my mind. For now.

"Well there is something we could do..." said Mikey, grinning. Frank and Gerard briefly explained about the Bob situation. When they were done she looked thoroughly shocked.

"That's awful! I hope he feels better soon!"

"Yeah we all do." I said.

"Here," said Gee writing his number on a little bit of paper from her bedside table and handing it to her "When you get out, call me and we will meet and we can see you drum then and maybe you could substitute for Bob as a thanks for saving us alright?" he smiled at her and she smiled back, flicking her black hair out of her face.

"Wow! yeah of course, I'll give you a call as soon as I'm out of here, thanks!"

"No, thank you, really, you saved our lives and now your saving our tour!" Grinned Frank as we all filed out of the door.

"Bye," we all chorused before going back into the lift and out of the hospital.

I couldn't explain why but I had a really bad feeling about Bob. I really wanted to tell him I like him but I don't want to heap anything else on him at the moment. When he is better I'll tell him. If he gets better...

*2 hours later*

BOBS POV

Shit! That was fucking horrible! My whole body hurts and I'm so tired I don't even know what to do! I feel like I've been hit by a train. I can hardly even walk properly. Katie helped me walk back to my room, a smaller one now, with only one bed but at least I'm allowed to use my phone, It's almost like a hotel, a hotel full of sick people...

I tried Gerard's phone first but he didn't answer so then I tried Ray. He picked up on the third ring and bombarded me with questions.

"BOB! Hi! How was it? How do you feel?" he asked, talking very fast.

"I feel kinda funny, like I'm gonna pass out and puke up."

"Lush," he laughed.

"Yeah, look man about earlier there's something I wanted to say..."

"No save it, tell me some other time when you're not so tired. You sound like you could use a good long nap."

"Yeah that's what I'm just about to do. I hope... no. It's stupid, forget it"

"You hope what?" he asked.

"I hope my hair doesn't fall out." I sound stupid now, like a fucking baby.

"So do I, It looks great now, It suits you how it is." I blushed even though he wasn't here. My hand holding the phone was trembling and I noticed it wasn't out of what Ray just said.

"L..look R..r..ray I g..gotta g...go n...now but I w...will c...c...call tomorrow," I stammered, my heart was racing and I was absolutely freezing, despite being still in Ray's hoody.

"Are you alright?" he sounded very concerned.

"F...fine b..bye." I hung up the phone, ran into the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet, flushed it and then washed my face off with some warm water.

I stood over the sink, the mirror in front of me, splashing water over my face. I looked up and caught my reflection in the mirror. I was deathly pale and shivering. I went to lie back down and wrapped myself up tightly in all of my blankets still feeling very sick.

My phone started to ring. I groaned, untangled myself from the blankets and got up to answer it.

"Yeah what!" I felt anger bubbling up inside of me.

"Bob it's Frank are you alright?" God damn you Frankie piss off and let me sleep!

"Frank I'm fine now let me sleep!" I practically yelled down the phone before switching it off and going back to bed. I pulled Ray's hoody tight around me, breathing in the smell of it, It smelled like him and It calmed me down. I should tell him soon that I love him but It can wait, right now I just want to sleep.

I had our song in my head... 'Just sleep, just sleep, just sleep...' The sound of it carried me off into a shallow and uneasy sleep.