Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Again?

RAYS POV.

I walked out of the kitchen, Lauren followed me and she steered me into the lounge. She shut the door and pushed me down onto the couch.

"Ray your such a bad liar. What's wrong with Bob?"

I looked away as my eyes filled with tears.

"Ray, talk to me," she asked softly.

"I... he was ill yesterday, he slept for a long time, I'm just worried is all," I said, wiping away the one tear that had escaped and was slowly trickling down my cheek.

"Oh Ray, don't be worried, I'm sure he's fine," assured Lauren, pulling me into a comforting hug. I hugged back and we let go after a few moments.

"He... he's so stubborn sometimes. Since he got out of hospital after that last time he hasn't been for one single check up. He just wont go, he wont listen to me when I tell him it's for his own good."

"Ray he has to get checked out, this is important, especially if he's getting ill," she said worriedly.

"I know but he just wont listen!"

"I'll talk to him, he'll listen to me," she said firmly and got up and left the room.

LAUREN'S POV.

I walked back into the kitchen, picked up the scan picture and walked upstairs with it in my hand. I didn't know which room was their bedroom but only one door was closed so I knocked on it.

"Yeah?"

I opened the door and stepped inside the room. Bob was curled up in all the blankets, the curtains were closed and the room was very hot.

"It's boiling in here, come back downstairs," I said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm cold. I don't want to. I'm really tired," he said stubbornly.

I sighed and flicked on the bedside lamp. He groaned and shut his eyes.

"Bob, Ray told me everything. You have to get checked out regularly, its important," I insisted.

"I... I'm scared."

"I understand that but how do you think Ray would feel? Watching you waste away?"

"I..."

"Well how do you think he would feel raising two kids on his own?"

"I..."

"How do you think he would feel watching you fight cancer again and possibly lose?"

He stayed completely silent. I think I touched a nerve with that last one.

"Answer the question."

"I don't know OK! I don't know..."

"I can answer it for you. He wouldn't cope. I know him, he wouldn't cope, he'd fall apart. Do you want to be responsible for that?"

"No."

"Well get your ass up, you're going to get checked out," I said, pulling his hand out from under the blanket and pushing the scan picture into it. I walked over to the doorway, he looked up at me, he looked like he was going to cry.

"Do it for Ray. Do it for the kids," I said, leaving the room and shutting the door behind me.

Five minutes later Bob came back downstairs and Ray became very quiet and reserved. I saw Bob walk over to Ray and they left the room to talk.

I grabbed Bob's cellphone off the side and hunted in his address book for the number of the doctor that looked after him before, Katie I think her name was...

BOBS POV.

"Ray I'm sorry."

"Let me guess, you didn't think?" his voice was cold.

"Yeah I didn't... but now that I have thought about it, I'm going to get checked out, to put your mind at rest," he looked up at me.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"I really don't want to but I do admit I feel pretty ill at the moment and its better to be safe then sorry."

"I can't even stay mad at you," he said, opening his arms and hugging me tight.

"I'm sorry, you can be mad at me if you want, I'll understand why," I mumbled against his shoulder.

"I'm not mad at you, I just want you to be OK is all."

"I am OK, but if it makes you feel better, I'll get checked out."

"It would make me feel a lot better. I love you," he kissed my cheek.

"I love you way more then you love me," I said, pressing my lips to his softly.

"Not true," he mumbled against my lips, I hadn't moved them away from his and I had no intention to.

Just as we had begun to kiss properly, a loud meow from by our feet interrupted us.

"Skittle!" I bent down to pet him. I remembered I hadn't actually fed him this morning.

"You stay right there," I said to Ray who just smirked. I ran into the kitchen with skittle at my feet. I instructed Frank to feed him and left to go back to Ray.

"Where were we again?" I asked as I moved my lips very close his.

"I think we were about... here," he said, pressing his lips to mine. As we kissed his hands crept down my back lower and lower until...

"Ray let go of my ass," I mumbled, hardly breaking the kiss.

"I like your ass, its tight," I slapped him playfully and kissed him more passionately. One of my hands was on his lower back and the other was on the back of his neck.

His hands moved so they were now inside my pants, grabbing me through just my boxers.

"Keep your hands out of there," I tried to pull his hands out but it was no good. My attempts to remove his hands were only half-hearted, I didn't really mind him touching me...

"Raaaaaay," I whined, breaking the kiss completely.

"When does Gerard's stupid rule come into effect again?" he asked, grabbing my ass harder and kissing my neck gently. I giggled and moved my hand teasingly close to his crotch.

"OK you two, thats enough, back in the room where you can't get it on," ordered Frank. Ray pulled his hands out of my pants.

"Later," he whispered. I nodded, winked at him, and we followed Frank back into the lounge.

He sat on Gee's lap and they started to kiss sloppily. I looked away pointedly.

"Bob come on, you're going to get checked out right now," said Lauren, coming back into the room and stuffing her cellphone into her pocket.

"I am?" I asked, looking up at her.

"You are. Come on, Ray too, let's leave these two alone, they obviously want to be left alone," said Lauren, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! No sex before marriage!" said Ray pointedly.

"We wont, I promise," said Gee, going right back to kissing Frank.

"I don't believe you but OK, let's go," said Lauren, I grabbed Ray's hand and we all got into
my car and I drove us all to the hospital.

I was worried and scared but I had to put that aside, I had to do this for Ray.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! An update!! *happy dance*

I just hit 500 comments!! Damn I love you guys!! Keep 'em coming! My personal issues are more or less sorted now and the updates will be regular but I have decided that I will only post chapters once I have had ten comments for the previously posted chapter... if that makes sense!

The wedding is in a few chapters time and I need some extras for it. Characters with very small parts and no real significance in the story, but they need to be there all the same! If you would like to be in the story, leave me a comment of who you are (in relation to Ray, Bob, or one of the others) first name only, description and what kind of person you are eg. hyper, chatty etc. I'll try and get everyone who requests in. No major relations if possible... only like cousin or long time friend or something...

Al. x