Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

The Wedding Day (part two)

3rd PERSON POV. Resumes right where it left off...

"Robert, do you take this man, Raymond Manuel Toro-Ortiz to be your husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do you part?"

Robert looked into the deeply into the eyes of his fiancé and took a deep breath.

"I do."

"Raymond do you take this man, Robert Nathaniel Bryar to be your husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do you part?"

"I do," Ray smiled. Bob smiled, the priest smiled.

Both men knew it was time for them to say what they had written to say to each other. It had been agreed Robert would speak first. He turned fully to Raymond and took his other hand so they were now holding both hands facing each other.

"Ray, you know I'm not great with words, but I need you to know how I feel. People who've known me a long time will say I changed when I met you, well, it's the truth, I did, I was happy for the first time in a while. I only have you to thank for the way I feel, everything about you is so special I can't even describe it. You've always been there for me, through everything, the great times and the n-not so g-good." Robert's voice cracked a little and there wasn't a dry eye in the whole church. He so rarely talked about his battle with cancer that this was upsetting for everyone to hear.

"You make everything better, you walk into the room and I just smile. I can't help it, everyday I live, I live to spend it with you. I love you so much, and I will do forever."

Both mens mothers had tears streaming down their faces. Raymond looked shocked and wanted nothing more then to pull his nearly husband into a kiss. It had to wait. He still had his part to say.

Raymond looked into Roberts tear-filled blue eyes and spoke.

"Bob I can't even begin to describe how much you mean to me. I love you more then life itself, I would give my life for yours any day. The only reason I wake up every morning is to spend the day with you, loving every moment we spend together. Every day with you I see myself as the luckiest man alive, I don't deserve you-"

Bob opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something but Ray continued.

"-But I have you and I want to be yours for the rest of my life. I promise never to hurt you intentionally. I love you and inflicting pain on you would kill me. No matter what the future holds for us I want you to know I love you, now and forever."

Robert held the eye contact with Raymond for a few more seconds until the men broke their eye contact reluctantly and looked back at the priest, still holding both hands.

"The rings please." Frank stepped forward and handed over the two precious pieces of gold.

"Raymond repeat after me. With this ring, as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed."

"With this ring, as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed." Raymond gently slid the ring onto Robert's finger. It fitted perfectly and looked as if it would never be moving from its place.

"Robert, repeat after me. With this ring, as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed."

"With this ring, as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed." He slipped the ring onto Ray's finger, to its new home.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you married in the eyes of God and his people, you may kiss," smiled the priest.

Both men leaned forward into the most meaningful and special kiss of their lives. Their first kiss as a married couple, it wasn't some weak peck, it was a loving kiss, it was everything it needed to be.

The couple broke apart and rested their foreheads together, gazing into each others eyes. Their family and friends erupted into clapping and cheering and both men beamed.

They had finally done it. They were to be together forever.

They broke apart and walked hand in hand down the aisle, people followed them and there was a huge commotion outside the church. Hugs, kisses, congratulations, hand shakes, photographs, soon it was time for everyone to head to the hotel where the wedding reception would be held.

The cars to take everybody there arrived and the newly weds climbed into one. The band's manager, Brian, had stuck a 'just married' sign on the back window and both men noticed it and smiled.

Sat in the back seat they held eye contact, it felt no words were even needed to sum up how they were feeling, the glint in their eyes said it all for them.

"I love you," said Bob softly to Ray.

"I love you too," said Ray, their lips touched gently and they kissed each other lovingly the entire way to the hotel.

The party was held in the hotels largest function room. There was food and drink and toasts made to the happy couple. Gerard and Mikey stood up to say their speech and it went off without a hitch. Next came the moment for the new couple to have their first dance. They hadn't chosen a song, Mikey, Gerard and Frank had chosen for them with the help of their good friends in Green Day.

Before the music was to start Bob and Ray had some people they needed to see, some they hadn't seen in years.

Bob's cousin Hannah was sat with Billie and Tre, all of them laughing and smiling. She had blond hair, lighter then Bob's, and grey-blue eyes which just about everyone in the Bryar family tree had inherited.

Two more of Bob's cousin's were hyped up and already dancing, even though there was no music. One of them, Rew, was almost unrecognizable from the person she had been when she met up with everybody at the church. Her shyness forgotten, she had become hyper as hell.

The other, Sophie, did not have the typical blond Bryar hair, her hair was brown with gingery red streaks. She was chatting with some of the members of other bands who had come out to wish Ray and Bob all the best until she met Rew and they began a kind of 'hyped-up-off-skittles' dance.

Old high school friends of both men had come out too. Bob's best friend from high school, Bella, was chatting with a long time friend of Ray, Lisa.

Ray and Bob managed to tear themselves away from each other for a few minutes to go and speak to all of their relatives and friends. Bella squealed and ran over to Bob, he hugged her and she grinned, letting go after a few moments and stepping back to congratulate him.

Both men met all their cousins and long lost friends and family members, all of them getting heaped with hugs and kisses and congratulations.

Ray's second cousin Jade was chatting to Mike Dirnt from Green Day. She had tried to blend into the background but Ray spotted her and having not seen her in years, pulled her into a big bear hug.

A squeal from behind Ray notified him that his long time friend Brittany was behind him. She jumped into a huge and kissed him on the cheek. They had been so close in high school, they always hung out and would always talk to each other about anything.

Ray was not the only one who was seeing people he hadn't seen since high school. Bob was chatting with a girl of about 5ft6 by the name of Kat, her curly red hair was easily visible in the sea of people. They both had smiles on their faces and were glad to catch up after so many years of very little contact. Another of Bob's high school friends, Misty was eagerly awaiting her hug, running her finger through her black and purple hair.

"FRANKIE!" Squealed one of Frank's family members who had been in town for that night, a cousin by the name of Vera who was just as crazy and random as he is. Ray and Bob had met her when Bob had first joined the band and they had become friends very easily.

"Alright, alright, hug fest is over, newlyweds get your asses on the dance floor!" said Billie Joe into a microphone linked up to the sound system in the room.

Ray and Bob made their way over to the dance floor, hand in hand, and the opening notes of the song rang out. They both shot strange looks at Billie Joe who just laughed. Ray's hands held Bob's waist gently as Bobs arms looped around the back of Rays neck, they gazed into each others eyes deeply, their foreheads barely an inch apart.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure


The song choice may have been corny but it couldn't have applied better to the two men, they could both apply the lyrics to themselves. More and more couples took to the dance floor. Frank and Gerard, Mikey and Alicia, Billie Joe and Adie, all the parents that were there along with many, many more.

"Oh hell no. This is why I hate being single," groaned Mike.

"Come dance Mike!" said Tre, grabbing his friend by the hand and pulling him onto the dance floor. After initial hostility from Mike, he gave in. Nobody was to know but he wanted this anyway, and he wasn't to know that Tre did too.

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

I don't want to miss one smile
I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time


Ray and Bob's lips touched, they kissed passionately on the dance floor, all movements forgotten. All they knew was each other, they completely lost themselves in the moment, it was magical.

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
I don't want to miss a thing


Tre and Mike looked at each other awkwardly. Tre, being more bold leaned in and gave his friend a quick peck on the lips before mumbling something about having to leave and rushing from the room, realizing what he had done and what he had given away.

Mike grabbed his arm spun Tre around, catching him in his arms and pulling him into a hard kiss. Everyone who noticed cheered and clapped, Ray and Bob looked over to them and both smiled. Frank wolf whistled loudly and the two broke apart, blushing. They looked at each other and ran from the room, Bob rolled his eyes and pulled Ray back into a kiss when he least expected it.

That night everybody had the time of their lives and when it was time for the party to end, nobody wanted to leave except for the new couple. All they wanted was to be all alone in their room, with nobody else around, just them, they needed some 'couple time'.

They were soon to get their wish after the best day of their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, I did this is two parts because the one part was over 11 pages of Microsoft word and 4,259 words. In ONE chapter!! That's too much to read all at once and still retain interest so I gave you a little bit of a cliffhanger. Happy Christmas everyone! Thank you so much for all the support this story has gotten, I hope I got in everybody who wanted a mention!

If I left you out, do leave me a comment shouting at me, I'll sort it out in the next chapter and make a public apology. Please all comment, it would really make my day, I've told you how long I worked on this chapter.

Anybody who is interested, the song is 'I don't want to miss a thing' by Aerosmith. Yes I know It's very corny but I had no other idea's and I think it was quite sweet really, gotta love Ray and Bob <3