Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Visitors.

BOBS POV.

I woke up a few hours later and had to run to the bathroom to puke up again. I ached everywhere and was still completely exhausted, despite sleeping the whole night. God damn it I feel sicker then before I had been here! Are they sure this is making me better? I glanced at the clock on my phone, It was 11.15am. I wondered if any of the other guys would be awake yet.

Speak of the devil! my phone started to ring, caller ID said Mikey. I felt sort of disappointed, I was hoping it would be Ray.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice sounded different, much quieter then usual.

"Hey I didn't wake you did I?" he asked.

"No I've been up for a while now, puking again." He probably didn't need to know that.

"Are you alright?"

"N..no I'm n..not" I was crying. I wanted to go and be with the guys, I missed them already and I felt so ill I just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up again.

"Bob calm down, what is it? call the doctor if your in pain, she can probably give you meds for it." I suddenly felt anger towards Mikey even though he hadn't done anything, just as I did with Frank yesterday.

"Mikey you have no idea, absolutely no clue of how I feel right now. Please just tell all the guys not to call me because speaking to you is making me feel really bad." He was silent for a few moments but I heard a door open on his end of the phone.

"Mikes who you talking to?" It was Ray and for some reason he sounded out of breath.

"Bob, give me a minute Ray." Mikey moved the phone away from his head but I could still hear him talking.

"Let me speak to him please," said Ray. My heart skipped a beat, he wants to talk to me!

"No It's my phone my rules! and he says he doesn't want to speak to us, It makes him upset." shit shit shit Mikey shut up NOW! Don't tell him I'm upset or he'll think I'm a wuss!

"When your done can I speak to him?"

"No"

"MIKEY!" I shouted down the phone.

"Hello?" he said innocently.

"Let me speak with Ray please?"

"No he is not touching my phone, hes all sweaty!"

"Ew why?"

"He went running. Bloody mental patient I swear..."

Ray snatched the phone from Mikey.

"Hey Bob how you doing'?" He did sound out of breath. He sounds fucking hot when he's panting like that.... No get those thoughts out of your head right now.

"Yeah I'm not sure really, I feel sick and stuff but not as bad as last night." That was only half true. I felt twice as bad as last night but I didn't want to worry him.

"Aw well get better soon and when we come and visit you there is something you have to see!"

"What is it?" I asked, Oh god I wonder what it is?

"I can't say its a secret and.... MIKEY DON'T BITE ME YOU FREAK!" I had to move the phone away from my ear he was so loud. I could hear Mikey manically laughing in the background.

"Mikey just because I won't give you back your phone does not mean you can bite me you sick fucker. Do you understand me?!" Wow he sounds mad. I laughed, I couldn't help myself as I had just got the mental image of Ray on the phone with Mikey munching on his arm trying to get his phone back.

"What happened?" I snickered.

"I wouldn't give him back his phone and he tried to snatch it and because he's a weak little twig man he couldn't get it so then he bit my arm!" Oh man I want to bite him... I wont specify where...

I laughed and he laughed.

"Well Bob, I gotta go because it looks like twig man is sticking a fork in a toaster again."

"Oh god put a stop to that! we don't want a fried twig!" He laughed.

"Bye."

"See ya in 5 and a half more days!" He hung up. Now I feel happy after speaking to him, he sounds so happy. Maybe they are all happier when I'm not there? Oh god I hope not. I'm not boring am I? I don't moan about the bus being dirty or anything? No that's Mikey's job, he's the resident woman of the band.

I sighed and laid back down on my bed, putting my phone up on the bedside table. Somebody knocked on the door.

"Yeah come on in."

It was Katie.

"Hey Bob how are you feeling?"

"Um... well honestly?"

"Honestly please?"

"I feel like shit. I ache everywhere and I keep throwing up." She just nodded.

"That is the usual symptoms. You should get much worse before you get better."

"Great." I grimaced, wondering how bad I would feel before I started to get any better.

"Your hair isn't falling out at all yet is it?" she asked.

I pulled on bits of my fringe.

"No it seems alright to me."

"I'm really sorry to tell you this but I think it will all fall out. It usually happens and there is nothing you can do. It will grow back when you finish your treatment so just be advised that by this time next week, you may have lost all of your hair."

I looked away from her at the floor. Man now I feel shit. I thought if it was still here this morning it would be safe but It doesn't work that way. Damn it! and Ray said he liked it this long! Bollocks, I'll have to grow it all back again!

I glanced back up at Katie, she was smiling. What the fuck could she possibly be smiling about?

"You have some visitors," she said before leaving the room. My parents sidled in.

"Mom! Dad!" I cried, trying to get up out of bed but failing miserably. I feel so weak.

My mom came over and hugged me tight, followed by my dad. They stepped back and my mom looked like she wanted to say something.

"I did warn you not to smoke..." she started.

"Spare him the lecture. The poor boy has been through enough without having to have a speech on it!" My dad cut her off. I smiled gratefully at him. I really didn't want a lecture right now.

"So how do you feel?" mom asked, pulling up a chair at my bedside.

"Really tired and weak." I answered.

"And what have you done to your arm Robert?!" I flinched. I HATE it when she calls me Robert.

"I was in a car crash and broke it but It will be fine in six weeks or so."

"Was that the crash on the news?" my dad asked. "The pile up near New York?"

I nodded, too tired to speak. my eyes started to droop and a warm sleepy feeling came over me.

"Oh Robert you look so ill!" she swooped in and hugged me again, I could feel her wet tears on my shoulder and felt tears burn at my own eyes.

"Love you mom," I muttered feebly.

"Love you too. We'll leave you alone now to rest and you make sure you get better!" she said as she pulled away from me, wiping tears from her eyes.

She stepped away from my bed and my dad stepped forward and hugged me.

"I love you, remember that," he said.

"You too and I will don't worry, I will" They left the room, my dad holding my mom close, wiping away her tears.

I seriously hope I get better soon, seeing everybody upset is really starting to suck.

The second I closed my eyes I was asleep. Little did I know what was about to happen....