Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Guilty.

One Month Later.

Lauren's POV.


"Guys are you ready to go onstage?" I asked the five men sat in the room with me. Two of them responded vaguely, two of them nodded and one of them didn't even look at me.

"Bob, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting down on the side Ray was not sat at.

"Nothing," he said quickly.

"OK well if you're sure then - ouch!" I gasped and grabbed at my stomach. A sharp stabbing pain had just shot right through my stomach, I couldn't explain where it had come from but I had a bad feeling about it.

"Are you alright?" asked Ray immediately. Frank, Gerard and Mikey all quickly came over to see if I was alright.

"I'm f-fine," I said shakily, putting a hand protectively over my bump. I had grown very attached to the twins I was carrying, I knew I wouldn't be able to raise them and that made me sad sometimes, but I also knew they would have the best life imaginable growing up with the two best possible fathers in the world.

"Are you sure?" asked Bob, blue eyes full of concern.

I nodded.

"Go! You're gonna be late on stage, just go, I'll be fine," I said and none of them moved an inch.

"I don't know, I'm not leaving you here like this," said Ray. I flinched as another bolt of pain seared through my body.

"Guys. Go." I said forcefully.

"Go, I'll stay," said Ray to the others. They looked at him as if he were mad.

"Are you crazy? I'm not going, this is much more important," said Frank and Gee nodded in agreement.

"Family comes first Ray and we're all like family here, I'm staying too," said Mikey stubbornly.

We all looked at Bob somewhat expectantly, waiting for him to say something.

"Uh... no, I'm not going anywhere until I know that you're completely OK," he said. I smiled weakly.

"Guys I appreciate that you're concerned but you are due on stage in front of thousands of people... like two minutes ago, just go, I'll be fine."

"You think that matters? It would all mean nothing if... you know what I mean," said Ray.

I nodded and then hissed in pain as the pain struck again. It lasted for longer this time and seemed to be coming right from inside of me, right where the babies were.

"I think you should go get checked out," said Bob, helping me to my feet.

I screeched in pain and sat back down quickly.

"I- I don't think I can walk," I said quickly before more pain struck.

Holy shit. What if I'm in labour?

"We're getting you to the hospital, you seriously need to be checked over Lauren," said Frank who had now gone very pale and looked scared.

"OK, I'll carry you," said Ray, quickly scooping me up bridal style into his strong arms.

"I'll go and explain to the fans whats going on," said Bob and before any of us could stop him, he had left the dressing room and had vanished from sight.

"Did he just go to do what I think he just did?" said Mikey.

"I think so," said Gee.

"Guys! Not the time! We can ask him about it later, right now we need a car," said Ray as he carried me out of the room.

"Here, I'll come with you guys," said Mikey, pulling his car keys from his pocket.

He had brought his car along and driven it after the bus on this tour in this part of America. He just wanted it there so that if he needed to get to Alicia and Dan quickly, then he could. Right now I couldn't have been more grateful for his quick thinking.

"OK, hold her right there and then you guys can sit in the back," said Mikey as we approached the car parked near the bus. I winced as I felt the pain again.

"It's OK, we got you," said Ray soothingly as he lowered me carefully into the car. My pregnant stomach wasn't huge just yet, but it was big enough to be a hassle to my mobility. I was five and a half months gone.

You see, five and a half months is way to early to be in labour, this is just something else, and its probably nothing. I tried to tell myself but it was having a limited affect.

"Bob? What did you just do?" yelled Ray as Bob came hurtling towards the car and then jumped right into the passenger seat.

"Talked to almost ten thousand people, now lets go, step on it Mikes," he said as we all buckled our seatbelts quickly.

"Got it," said Mikey as he started to drive as fast as he legally could towards the nearest hospital.

Ray held my hand the whole time, and Bob had reach back to hold my other hand. I couldn't have been more grateful for their support right now and when we reached the hospital they were even more supportive of me.

"OK we can't come into the room with you just yet, but we're just outside alright?" said Ray as I was walked very slowly into a room, both hands holding my stomach and wincing in pain almost every step. I nodded and got one final glance at Ray, Bob and Mikey's worried faces before the door was closed.

****

Devastation is a strong word, but it was nowhere near strong enough to describe what I was feeling.

I could have lost one of the babies, and its my fault. A defect had been detected in the babies heart, causing it to be sometimes receiving too much blood from me for its tiny body to handle.

He could die. The little life I had been carrying inside of me could die, leaving his sister all alone, and it would be all my fault.

"Lauren?" came Ray's voice from the doorway. I looked up. He had tears on his face and it was very noticeable that Bob wasn't with him.

"I'm fine," I said, my voice coming out as a high pitched squeak.

"That's all that matters," he said, coming over to sit in a chair at my bedside.

"Where's Bob?" I asked.

"With Mikey. I can't convince him that he may still make it, he's distraught," he said, his voice sounding hollow, his eyes looking anywhere but at me.

"The doctors said that, that when he's born he has a 50/50 chance and that we'll know straight away if his heart is going to be strong enough. Fifty percent, he could still be OK."

Ray nodded.

"The girl is fine," I said quickly.

"That's good. I should go and tell Bob that-" the door opened and Bob and Mikey were stood there.

Mikey looked sad, he had no tears on his face but you could tell he was genuinely sad. Bob looked just as Ray had said, distraught.

As if things couldn't get any worse for them, for him, now this happens.

"Bob he might be OK, they just don't know, and the girl is fine so focus on the positives."

He nodded, looking like he wasn't believing a word of what I was saying.

"Bob please, we can't just fall apart. In less than three months we'll know one way or the other, I just can't even explain how much I'm hoping he pulls through," said Ray. Bob leaned his head on Ray's shoulder and tears filled my eyes. They looked so sad, distraught, I couldn't even comprehend the amount of guilt I was feeling.

If their son dies, it's all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry It's been a while, I've been busy with not much time to write updates. If I take ages to update again, check out some of my other stories while you're waiting =] but hopefully I should be updating more regularly again soon. Comments please?