Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Jekyll and Hyde

BOBS POV.

I woke up very late that night, about midnight-ish I would have said. It was pitch dark in the room and I was boiling hot. I got up and dragged myself into the bathroom, flicking on the light, I sidled over to the sink and grabbed a glass of water.

I caught my reflection in the mirror. My hair was coming out.

Big gaps had appeared in my fringe and the rest of my hair was patchy. The glass of water fell to the ground and smashed.

"No," I whispered, getting closer to the mirror.

"No, no, no, no, NO!" I was screaming now, at my own reflection in the bathroom mirror.

I grabbed at my hair and big chunks came out in my hands. All my blond hair was falling to the floor.

I ripped at it until it was all gone and then I felt a strange sense of satisfaction. I looked back in the mirror and laughed, laughed manically at the stranger staring back at me. I realized what I was doing and stopped. I took deep, calming breaths and shut my eyes tight, wishing it was all a dream and I would wake up soon. When I opened my eyes again it wasn't a dream, My hair was gone.

I rushed over to get my cellphone from the table as fast as I could. With trembling fingers I keyed in a number I knew all too well. Pausing only for a second to wonder if they were sleeping before hitting the call button.

RAYS POV.

It was very late and I was in my bunk. Brian had arranged a new bus for us after our old one got wrecked in the crash and we're all living on it at the moment.

Though I was in my bunk I was not asleep. I was thinking... about Bob. A faint buzzing sound from the kitchen area disturbed my thoughts. I waited a few moments and it stopped. A few seconds later it started so I silently crawled out of my bunk and towards the kitchen.

It was my cell phone, laying on the table where I had left it earlier. I picked it up, the caller ID said withheld.

"Hello?" I whispered holding the phone to my ear.

"Ray thank god! I thought you weren't going to answer!" It was Bob, his voice was thick with tears.

"What's wrong?" I whispered frantically.

"M..my h..hair f..fell out," he sobbed.

"One second" I whispered, creeping over and shutting the door to the bunk room.

"Bob that's awful! I am so sorry." I was at a complete loss for words. He was completely hysterical now.

"I don't k..know w..what t..to d..do," he managed out before breaking down into sobs again. I felt a single tear slide down my cheek. I felt so bad for him, completely powerless and alone with his hair coming out. It must be too horrible to even imagine.

"Shh stop crying It's OK. It will grow back! It might take some time but it will, just when your better." I said, putting on my most comforting tone of voice and hoping it would be enough to soothe him.

"I'm n..not g.getting better! I f..feel worse n..now then I did b..before!" He had calmed down his crying a little bit but now he was angry.

"Look, take a shower and go back to sleep alright? It's late and you're tired, this isn't the best time to be...."

"My eyebrows are gone!" he was laughing now, manically, completely hysterically. He's lost his mind, I thought to myself. He would find something to laugh about and then be crying again a few minutes later.

I didn't know what to do other then keep talking to him, keep him distracted. He wasn't able to hold a conversation properly, he would say something and then go back to crying or laughing again. In the end I gave up.

"Bob look I really have to go now. Don't do anything stupid and please just go back to bed, promise?"

"I love you," he giggled down the phone.

My heart froze.

Did he mean that or is he just out of mind from painkillers?

"Bob? Do you mean that?" I asked, completely serious.

His laughter died away and he was silent.

"Shit," He mumbled.

"I'm sorry gotta go now bye," he said rapidly, then hung up on me. I was completely shocked. I have never heard him like that, completely out of control, out of his mind. Half the time he didn't even sound like him, It's like Jekyll and Hyde. One minute he's bad, the next he's good.

I threw myself back into my bunk and started to write a text on my phone....

BOBS POV.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?! One minute I'm laughing my head off the next I'm crying, then laughing again, then angry for no reason. It must be the painkillers.

"Beep beep," my phone sang out, I have a text! I fumbled with the buttons briefly, my hands were still trembling and then I finally got it open. My jaw dropped.

Bob,
I don't know If you meant what you just said but I seriously hope you did. I think I might feel the same way, but you have Lizzie so I've convinced myself nothing will ever happen. I don't think we should talk now until I come to visit you. It's upsetting for the both of us and I don't want to heap anything else on you. See you Thursday.
Ray x


It was across two messages but once I had read it all I felt angry with myself. I hadn't meant to have told him, It just slipped out while I was on the phone and giggling my head off. He said he 'might feel the same way'.

I mentally kicked myself for being so stupid.

I quickly text him back.

Please don't be mad! I didn't know what I was saying but I do mean it... I really do. Lizzie and I broke up BTW. CYA on Thursday. Night x x

"Bob I know you meant it," he whispered softly in my ear.

"I love you so much," I whispered back.

"Not as much as I love you," he whispered.

I moved my mouth in really close to his ear "Prove it."

I moved back and he had a sexy smirk firmly in place. "If I must," he sighed.

He began to kiss around my neck, gently at first then starting to suck and bite at the skin, drawing moans from deep within my throat. He giggled.

"You like that don't you," he whispered.

"Mm," was all I could come out with.

We shifted a little so he was laying over me and we then engaged in a deep make out session.

He started to move his hand downwards between our two bodies...

I woke with a start.
"Holy shit," I gasped, getting up out of bed.

I noticed that I had a slight...well not slight, a very big problem.

I went and turned on the shower, on cold.

That dream had been so real, so vivid. I was certain it was real, I could feel everything, his hand on my chest, his hair tickling my face, his soft lips on mine, I was so sure It wasn't a dream!

I stripped off and jumped in the shower, still re-living the best dream I have ever had.