Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Need

BOB'S POV

*The Next Morning*

I woke much earlier than I normally would have, a strange taste in my mouth and a heavy feeling in the right side of my body.

I tried to move, but failed. Feeling like a huge pressure was bearing down on the right side of my body.

I coughed, a harsh, racking cough that felt like it was tearing my lungs apart. I felt a cold trickle run down my cheek from my lips.

And that's when I got scared.

"Ray?" I said as loudly as I could. I felt as though my throat was being ripped out.

I used all my strength to move and wriggle, hoping my movements would wake him.

"Hmmm, it's early baby, go back to sleep." He wrapped his arms around me tighter and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"H-help," I managed to splutter as I started to cough again.

"Are you alright?"

I couldn't force another word out. My mouth filled with an unknown liquid and all I could do was spit it out, forcing me to start coughing violently again.

"Bob?"

I tried to draw a breath, but felt a dizzying pain in my chest instead.

"Bob? Can you speak to me?"

The room started becoming hazy and my mind became less and less clear. I was only slightly aware of Ray switching on his bedside lamp, and only slightly aware of him taking my hand and talking quickly into a phone.

I tried to draw breath again, only feeling more fluid gather in my mouth. With all my strength I raised my left hand to touch my lips. I pulled my hand back to where I could see it.

It was blood.

"It's alright Bob," I heard Ray say faintly. He dabbed at the blood on my face with a corner of our comforter. I couldn't see his face clearly anymore.

Before I had time to really begin to real any fear, I plunged into a black abyss.

GERARD'S POV.

*That Evening*

This is something a friend should never have to do. No friend should have to sit outside of a hospital ICU and assure their friend that the person they love most in the world is going to survive the night.

Why does this keep happening to Bob and Ray?

"He'll be alright Ray," I soothed, rubbing his back softly. The shoulder of his shirt was covered in a dark stain, so dark it was almost black. It made me feel sick to think that it was Bob's blood.

"This is the time," said Ray emotionlessly.

"This is the time when he won't be alright."

I sighed. I didn't have anything to say to that. There was nothing I could say or do to comfort him.

An idea sprang into my mind.

"Ray, you want to go for a walk?" I suggested gently.

He looked at me incredulously.

"A... a walk, Gerard?"

"Yes Ray, a change of scene. You've been sat in that chair all day long. You haven't moved, you haven't had anything to eat or drink, you haven't gone to the bathroom. I'd imagine that by now, you could use a walk."

His features softened and he ran his hands through his hair.

"OK. I'll go for a walk."

He stood up shakily and with one, final look at the door or Bob's room, he turned and began to trudge down the corridor, I followed just a few centimeters behind.

I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket. I quickly looked around for any doctors or nurses, and then, ignoring the many 'no mobile phones' signs, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me, how are Ray and Bob?" came Frank's voice.

"No news on Bob, Ray isn't doing great."

"Bring him outside."

"Why?"

He sighed.

"Just do it alright?!" I was met with the dial tone.

"Excuse me? What do you think you're doing?" came an angry female voice from behind me.

"I'm sorry, that was a very importa-"

"I don't care how important that was. Rules are rules, now get out!"

She ushered me towards the large exit doors with fed into the main part of the hospital.

"And you!" she added, and Ray was pushed out through the doors right behind me. The nurse frowned at us through the doors and wandered off.

"Come on Ray, Frankie called, said there's a surprise for you outside," I said, grabbing Ray by the arm and pulling him towards the main entrance/exit doors.

I could see Frank waiting outside and waved for him to come in. He walked inside and without a word, walked over and pulled Ray and I into a double hug.

He let us both go after a few moments.

"Ray, I know you think that Bob needs you right now, but the truth is, there's a person in this world who needs you even more," said Frank softly.

Ray's eyes filled with tears and he nodded. He knew what he had to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

*Added the day after posting* Come on guys! 28 readers of this chapter and 3 comments! So far...
Only you can change that! So please do!
Also, new story for fans of Paramore/Madina Lake: it's called 'Everything starts with something', find it on my profile!