Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Recovering

*Five days later.*

FRANKS POV

Today is the day we can all visit Bob. We've given him a few days to get his bearings and Gerard and I are hoping that today will be the day we get to see the beginnings of our old friend back.

"FRANK! Hurry up!" screamed Gerard up the stairs.

I ran my pink straighteners through my fringe once more and set them on their heatproof mat, making sure I unplugged them.

"Keep your panties on! I'm almost ready!" I yelled back. I heard him sigh loudly and grinned. There's nothing I enjoy more than annoying Gee. Well, except for annoying Bob but he's off limits for now.

I slipped on some shoes and headed downstairs to find that Gerard was already in the car, with the engine running. I laughed to myself as I locked the door behind me. He must be the most impatient man alive.

"I'm driving," I said bluntly, opening his door and undoing his seat belt for him.

"Frank just get in," he said.

"But I wanna drive," I pouted, pulling the puppy dog face to the best of my ability.

"Fine," he said, sighing and climbing out of the car.

"Yay!"

Gerard never lets me drive his car. I don't know why, it's not even like it's that nice or anything, he just doesn't trust me with it.

I got in and he sat in the passenger seat beside me.

"Thank you," I said, leaning across and kissing him on the cheek.

"This is the only time its going to happen kiddo," he said, ruffling my hair.

I smiled at him and we pulled out of the driveway, beginning our half and hour drive to the hospital.

***

"4.95?!" said Gee angrily, thumping the parking meter with the side of his fist.

"Do you think Bob will pay us back?" I smirked.

"Somehow, no, I don't," said Gee, putting in his money and collecting the ticket.

"Ray must pay a fortune top that machine," I said, looking at the price to park for a whole day.

"I guess."

I stopped trying to make conversation at that point. The last few weeks Gee has been acting like a spoiled little bitch and its starting to take its toll. No cuddling, no kissing and worst of all, no sex. At all.

A few awkward minutes later we were stood outside Bobs hospital room.

I knocked the door.

"Come in!" came Ray's voice, sounding very cheerful.

We entered the room and a smile crept onto my face.

Bob was propped up in his bed, still looking unwell but a million times better than the last time I had seen him before his operation. He smiled, but only one side of his face smiled, the rest remained completely still. Ray was sat in a chair beside the bed, feeding Bob something from a small tub with a spoon.

"Hey guys, how you doing?" asked Ray.

Gerard said nothing, just sat in the chair on the other side of the bed. I answered for the both of us.

"Yeah, pretty good. How are you? And Bob? How you feeling?" I awkwardly leaned over Bobs bed and hugged him gingerly, he put one arm around me. I could feel it trembling slightly.

"I'm pretty good," said Ray. It was true, he did look better. He had the light in his eyes back and he looked as if he'd been eating better.

"I'm OK," said Bob. His speech sounded slightly slurred but other than that, normal.

"It's good to see you looking a bit better, like you're on the mend," I said, smiling and looking for somewhere to sit. There were no spare chairs so I sat on Gerard's lap. I expected him to kick me off but to my surprise he put his arms around my waist and held me there. It was the first affection I'd had from him in weeks and it felt great.

"I feel like I'm getting better," said Bob slowly.

"Come here you," said Ray, grinning and hugging Bob tightly. It made me so happy to see, after everything they'd been through, they finally had some good news.

"So what are you eating?" asked Gerard.

"Baby food," said Bob, pulling a face.

"Why?" I giggled.

"He needs the nutrients, and he cant quite manage to chew very well just yet, but the doctor said that within a few weeks he'll start getting the strength back in his right side."

Ray quickly explained what had happened to cause this and it made me curious.

"So does that mean your willy doesn't work Bob?" I asked with a smirk.

"We haven't tried it yet, but I'll be sure to let you know," he smirked back, the right side of his face moving slightly, but much less than normal.

"Anyway, today is a big day for Bob, he gets to see his baby girl and sign the papers to officially become her second daddy," smiled Ray.

"That's great for you guys," said Gee in a very false happy voice.

"So yeah what happens now with Lauren and stuff?" I asked.

"Well," said Ray, "just like we had planned all along, she's pretty much waived her parental rights, so unless something terrible happens to both Bob and I, the baby will be fully taken care of by us as it's legal parents."

"So she's stepped back?"

"Yeah, but it had been arranged all along, and she can still see her as 'Aunt Lauren' whenever she likes."

We chatted for what felt like over an hour until there was another knock at the door.

"Mikey!" I said, jumping up to hug him. He was carrying Dan in his car seat. He's about five months old now and totally gorgeous.

"And if it isn't the most handsome baby in the world," I said, rushing to fuss him and pick him up out of his seat.

He gurgled loudly and started to drool on my shirt but I loved it. I totally lost interest in what the guys were talking about, even what they were doing, I was too busy fussing over baby Daniel.

I had his little shoes off and was playing with his toes and making him giggle loudly. I could see Bob looking at me enviously and Ray was smiling. Gerard was ignoring me completely and was staring at the floor, seeming intent not to look at his nephew.

"Hey come on baby hog, other people want to see him," said Mikey, coming over and taking him away from me.

"Awww Mikey!" I pouted.

"Lets let uncle Gee have a turn now," said Mikey, steering his son towards Gerard who quickly jumped to his feet.

"No thanks Mikey, I think Frank and I had better go now anyway," he said quickly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. But It's nice to see you, and Daniel, he's really grown since I last saw him."

"Well, yeah, you never stop by, it's always Frank."

"I, uh, yeah, I've been busy."

"Yeah? I think you just haven't been making an effort Gerard," said Mikey. He sounded kinda angry now.

"Come on Gee, lets go home," I said, quickly defusing the situation. I shot Mikey an apologetic look and quickly said goodbye to Ray and Bob.

"What was that about?" I asked once we were back at the car.

"What was what about?" asked Gerard, getting in the drivers side and slamming the door.

I got in and kept quiet. The entire trip home was totally silent and I decided I would try and talk to Gerard when we got home.

As soon as we got in he threw off his shoes and headed straight upstairs to our bedroom. I took off my shoes and slowly followed.

I opened the door quietly and stepped into the room.

"Gee? Can we talk?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Big thanks to everyone who commented! I'm so happy! :) In fact, I'm so happy I might even throw in something extra to the next chapter if I get a good number of comments again.