Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

The first homecoming

Two months later

RAYS POV


The alarm let out its shrill tone, much earlier than I would have liked. It took me a moment to remember what day it was.

Bob comes home today I thought to myself. Immediately I slammed my fist onto the top of the clock, silencing it. I whipped off the blankets and rushed out of the room and down the hall.

"FRAAAAANK!" I called, hammering on the door of his room.

Frank has been living with me since Gerard left. It helps keep him sane, and it helps keep me sane without Bob around.

"Whhuu?" he groaned from inside the room. I opened the door, flooding his room with light from the hallway.

"BOB COMES HOME TODAY!" I squealed, doing a little dance stood there in just my boxers.

He blinked sleepily at me from nestled between his blankets.

"Oh yeah!" he said, pulling his blankets off.

"Eww! Dude! put on some pants!" I grimaced, turning away and covering my eyes. Damn Frankie and his stubbornness to sleep naked.

"He he, sorry!" he giggled, snatching up a pair of pajama pants from his floor and pulling them on.

I practically skipped into the bathroom and took the quickest shower of my life.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist, rushing out of the bathroom and back to my bedroom to get dressed.

I frantically dressed myself, my heart pounding and my palms sweating.

I can't believe he's finally coming home!

I blasted my 'fro with the hairdryer, willing it to dry faster. I settled on leaving it damp.

As Frank showered I rushed downstairs to make sure that everything was in place.

We were throwing Bob a welcome home party. Frank would finish with the decorations whilst I went to the hospital to collect Bob.

The banner was still up in the lounge that Frank and I had made last week. Though many of the balloons we put up last night were now missing. I noticed a popped one on the floor and looked around.

A popping noise in the kitchen caught my attention. I walked in and saw Skittle looking confused, a popped balloon stuck to his claw.

"Stupid cat," I chuckled, bending down to detach the piece of balloon from his claw and then throwing it away.

I filled Skittle's bowl with cat food, then made two cups of coffee, leaving Franks on the side for him. I took mine and walked into the lounge, settling onto the couch.

I sipped my coffee, hands shaking slightly. My eyes fixed on the clock, watching the seconds tick by.

Waiting for Bob to come home had taken over my life. Every day I would drive to the hospital, visit Angel, then visit Bob. Then after visiting hours were over I would come home, play some guitar, talk to Frank, maybe watch a movie, then go to sleep.

Frank has been in pieces. Gerard is missing. After they broke up Gerard skipped town and nobody has been in contact with him since.

The band has disintegrated in his absence.

Mikey was distraught and blamed Frank. Frank blamed Mikey. I blame Gerard. He should know by now that running from your problems will not fix them. Frank is the best thing that ever happened to him.

I felt desperately sorry for Frank. Each night he would sleep alone, cuddling a cold, hard picture frame with a picture of Gee in it. Some nights I would hear him crying, but when I went to check on him he would always pretend to be asleep. The police have been searching, its been a media frenzy. Due to the fact that none of his bank accounts have been used, police are concerned for his well being.

I didn't mind Frank living with me, but I was worried that Bob coming home would make him miss Gerard even more.

Angel was going from strength to strength. The doctors in the baby unit have decided that within two weeks she'll be able to come home, so long as her chest infection clears. She's been having a lot of respiratory problems because of being born so prematurely. She's near enough healthy now, so will be home soon.

"Ray? Hello?" came Frank's voice.

"Oh, hey, sorry. I zoned out," I said. My coffee cup was empty and the clock on the wall indicated that it was time to leave to collect Bob.

"Uh.. Skittle popped some balloons if you could blow up a few more, get out all the food and drinks, give everybody a call to make sure they're still coming, and I'll see you in a bit," I said, pulling on my shoes and leaving the house.

I walked with a spring in my step to the car. I was so excited about Bob coming home.

***

Half an hour later I pulled up outside the hospital. After parking and paying my money to the machine I walked quickly over to the baby unit.

Angel was wide awake.

"Hey you," I said softly, gently tickling her foot.

She kicked her foot at me and waved her arms, a gurgle escaping her lips.

She looks like a normal, healthy baby now. She was no longer sickly looking with purple skin. Her hair was growing now too, tiny beginnings of tight, dark curls were forming on her head. Her baby blue eyes now had small flecks of brown around the pupils.

"I'm here to take daddy Bob home today," I said softly.

She grasped my finger and blinked up at me.

"Then very soon you can come home too, and we'll be a real family."

"We've got your room all ready, so when you're a big girl you can sleep in there. But when you come home your bed is in mine and daddy Bob's room, just so we can keep an eye on you."

I talked to her for a little while longer. She then became content with trying to suck on the end of my little finger. I giggled. She did something that looked like a little yawn and then closed her eyes.

"I gotta go get daddy Bob now OK? I'm sure he wants to come home," I said.

"Sleep well sweetie," I leaned into her crib and planted a kiss on her cheek.

I left her ward and traced the familiar route to Bob's room.

When I reached his door I felt a lump rise in my throat. I knocked gently.

"Come in!" came his voice. He sounded excited.

I opened the door and there he was, sat on the edge of his bed, fully dressed and ready to go. He stood up and rushed towards me, grabbing me in a hug.

"I'm so glad to be coming home with you," he mumbled into my shoulder.

"I'm so happy you're coming home," I said, kissing his cheek.

"I did it. I'm finally better," he said with a smile.

"I told you you could," I grinned.

He kissed me gently on the lips and took my hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"Ready to go fill out my paperwork?" he asked.

"I sure am!" I said.

Hand in hand we walked down the hospital corridor until we reached an office.

A group of nurses and doctors who had cared for Bob were waiting inside. They gave us a full run-down of Bob's checkup appointment system, which would mean he would get checked out every month, and talked to us about symptoms and the continuation of his recovery.

"Well, all the best, and thank you so much," said Bob as he signed some papers.

We stood up and left the office. When we reached the front hospital doors Bob seemed edgy. I gave his hand a slight squeeze.

"Whats up?"

"Nothing, I'm just nervous."

"About what?"

"Just coming home... not having my every whim catered for," he laughed.

"Well... I can do my best," I said.

As we approached the car he started to look eager.

"Can I drive?" he asked.

"Uh... maybe I should drive, just until your leg feels completely normal again."

The numbness on the right side of Bobs body was much better, but he had had to learn to walk again after completely losing the use of his right leg after his surgery.

"That's probably a good idea," he agreed, getting in the passenger side.

I got in the car and sighed, looking at Bob.

"What?" he asked with a smirk.

"I'm just so pleased to be taking you home, I love you," I said.

"Well, I love you more," he replied, leaning across to kiss my cheek.

The drive home went very quickly, Bob fidgeted nervously and stared eagerly out of the window at the world outside that he had seen so little of for so long.

"It's our street! Look Ray its our street!" he squealed excitedly.

"I know, I live here," I said with a laugh.

I breathed a sigh of relief, the guys had taken my advice and told everybody not to park outside our house. That would have ruined the surprise for Bob.

I pulled up on the driveway and put the car into park. Taking the keys out of the ignition I looked over at Bob.

"Shall we?" he asked eagerly.

"Ladies first," I said, getting out of the car and following Bob up the path to the front door.

He pulled his keys out of his pocket.

"Oh keys, how I've missed using you," he said dramatically, putting the key into the lock and turning it.

I giggled and rubbed his back gently.

"Honey I'm home!" he called, stepping into the house.

The door to the lounge was closed, but other than that the house looked completely normal.

He inhaled deeply and sighed.

"I missed this house, it smells like you," he said, pulling me into a hug.

"It smells like you too, you live here," I said, kissing his forehead.

"Its good to be home," he said softly, kissing me gently.

"Good to have you home, it'll be nice to get back to normal." I was so grateful for Bob to be here. After everything that has happened, that he had clung on through, he was here.

We held each other close, Bobs face nestled into the crook of my neck.

A loud sneeze from the lounge interrupted our moment.

"Ray?" questioned Bob, stepping back and looking at me seriously.

"Must've been Skittle," I lied quickly.

He took 3 strides across the floor and threw open the door of the lounge.

"SURPRISE!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, this is chapter 98 of 100. I'd love to get to 900 comments for the story by the time it finishes. If I get enough requests I will write a sequel. If you comment please let me know if you would like a sequel or not.
PLEASE COMMENT! I've been writing this story for over 2 YEARS and I'd love to see it get a good amount of comments by the end.