Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Surprise!

BOBS POV

I jolted suddenly and took a sharp intake of breath, I opened my eyes and all I could see was white and pale blue.

I was in a bed, pale blue curtains drawn around me, tucked under white blankets. I wasn't wearing my clothes. I was wearing pale blue hospital pajamas.

Where am I? And what am I doing here?

A hand clasped one of the curtains and it was drawn back.

"Ah, Mr. Bryar, you're awake," smiled a nurse.

"Uh... yeah," I said slowly, sitting up.

"I just need to take your blood pressure," she said with another smile.

"Sure," I said, hesitating again.

Whats going on?

She took my blood pressure and nodded.

"Seems fine to me, I'll just go get the doctor, and we can sign your release forms. You'll be good to go home then. Your friends have been quite worried about you," she went back around the curtain and left me by myself.

I've definitely been here before.

I could feel a sick, cold feeling of dread seeping through my body.

I frantically looked around again. My right arm was in a heavy cast and I was connected to a heart monitor, the LED lights tracing evenly paced, sharp peaks across the screen. I ran my left hand, the one not in the cast, over my face and through my hair.

My hair was long and unwashed, and my face was sore and grazed in places.

It took me a few moments to realize why where I was felt so familiar. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and the cold feeling rushed through my body once again.

I sat up and snatched the clipboard from the foot of my bed.

The date was all wrong, almost two years ago.

Two words on the board stood out to me. Bus crash.

The date was right. The injuries matched. But that was almost two years ago... I pinched my thigh, hard, and it hurt. I swallowed the lump in my throat as the nurse opened the curtain, bringing my release forms.

"I just need you to sign in few places, then you can go see your friends, they're in the room down the hall," she said.

I nodded, feeling more confused by the second.

I scrawled my name left handed on a few dotted lines, not even reading the forms, it could have been consent to cut off my penis for all I knew or cared at that point.

"Could I get my wedding ring back before I leave please?" I asked.

"Um.... sir... you weren't wearing a wedding ring," said the nurse quietly.

"What," I whispered.

"You weren't wearing any jewelry when you were brought in, you just had a cellphone in your pocket."

"Where is it? I need it," I demanded, becoming more and more frantic by the second. I could feel the burning pain of tears beginning in the back of my throat and behind my eyes due to the confusion. What in the hell is going on?

The nurse looked taken-aback by my sudden rudeness, but all the same produced a cellphone from her smock pocket. My old cellphone. I quickly scrolled the menus, found Ray's number and hit call as fast as my trembling fingers would allow.

"Hello?" he answered groggily after three very long rings.

"Ray, please come and find me, I don't know whats going on, babe, I'm really confused," I stammered.

"Babe?" he asked.

"Ray please don't play games, come and find me," I pleaded.

"Where are you? I'm with the guys, we got one room together, but they took you to cast your arm up."

"What room are you?"

"Uh... 37B."

I hung up, threw the phone to the floor and scrambled out of the bed. The nurse just stood back and watched in awe as I sprinted, naked ass hanging out the back of my gown, out of the room and down the hall.

My bare feet skidded to a halt outside the room labeled as 37B, and without knocking I threw open the door so hard it hit the wall and knocked out a large lump of the plasterboard.

"Whoa, dude, chill," giggled Frank, sat on the edge of the first bed on the right. He was fully dressed in his original clothes, and had minor cuts to his face and arms.

My eyes widened. His hair was different, in the old style he used to wear it in. I scanned the room, spotted what I was looking for and ran over to it.

"Dude whats going on?" asked Ray as I sprinted to his bed and dived on him, hugging him tightly.

Seeing him was so reassuring. I was scared, I didn't know what was going on.

"Uh... Bob... don't mean to ruin the moment here, but I'm pretty sure Mikey can see your uh... pecker," mumbled Ray into my shoulder as I squeezed him tightly. I glanced behind me and Mikey was staring, wide eyed, in my direction, a look of horror on his face from where my gown had ridden up when I dived on Ray.

"Grow up Mikey they're just balls," I sighed, pulling Ray in for a kiss.

He jumped and pulled back, blushing furiously.

"Dude, you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, give me a kiss."

"What the fuck?" he asked, sitting up and shifting away from me. "Are you alright? Did you hit your head?"

"I'm fine. Can't I have a kiss from my own husband now? Whats going on?" I asked, confused.

Frank snorted. "Husband? Bob are you sure you're OK?"

"Wh... what?" I stammered.

"Uh... Bob? You and Ray aren't married," said Mikey.

I fell silent.

"Yes we are," I said.

"Uh.... I don't think i recall getting married to you Bob," said Ray, looking at me with a look of extreme confusion on his face.

"What? Ray we got married, like almost a year ago. We have a baby girl, Angel, we get to take her home soon," I explained. In my mind I was screaming.. I couldn't understand what was going on.

"Bob, sounds like you hit your head dude, we were just in a pretty serious car accident... like you probably had a weird dream or something," said Frank.

Ray looked freaked out, Frank looked confused, Mikey was scratching his head. Gerard entered the room and I just knew.

The last two years of my life had been a dream, caused by a bump on the head in the bus crash. I felt the blood drain from my face, and then myself falling, as if in slow motion, towards the ground, which I hit with a hard jolt, instantly losing consciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.