Why Do I Put Myself in These Situations?

VII

I think my heart pretty much broke into pieces when I saw what was before me. Mia lay on a hospital bed, her face drained and the palest, whitest shade of white. She had four bandages on her arm, I was guessing those were the cuts. Kyle sat in a chair on one side of the bed, Jonathan on the other. They were both holding her hand, silent tears streaming down both their faces as they stared at their sister. Her face was blank and emotionless and her hair had been pulled back from her face into a ponytail. I pulled up a chair and sat next to Jonathan, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me for a second before turning back to Mia. Austin then pulled up a chair and sat next to Kyle.
“Excuse me gentlemen, we have just discovered something. Mia here can hear you when you talk. She’s still out of it, but she can understand you. And she may give you a nod or shake of her head, maybe even a squeeze of the hand, but that might be pushing it. Try talking to her, it will make her feel better,” the doctor said as he came in the room. He nodded his head to us before leaving again.
“Mia, Mia can you hear me?” Kyle said in a soft voice. She nodded and Kyle got the slightest glint in his eyes. “I think we should explain this to them. I think they should know about umm, Alex and Jack,” Kyle said to Jonathan. Mia flinched when Kyle finished his sentence.
“Mia, is it okay if we tell Caleb and Austin about them?” Jonathan asked as he looked at Mia. When she nodded, he breathed in a deep breath. “Alright Kyle, you start off.”
Kyle nodded. “Alright well, last year, Alex was Mia’s biology partner, and Jack was her history partner. As you know, Alex and Jack are best friends. Mia had befriended both Alex and Jack, from them being in most of her classes, and being her partners in those two classes. She started to hang out with them at lunch, and then after school. And she was with them a lot. Mia had gained trust in them, you see last year she was all too friendly and a very happy person; nothing like she is now. Eventually, she was spending every day with Jack and Alex. And she had started to develop a crush on Alex, as Alex did on her. After about a month and half, they started to go out. And she spent even more time with Alex, though not as much with Jack. But then she met her best friend Delilah Stevens, and she started to spend all her time with Delilah, but she was still going out with Alex. She still spent time with him, though not as much as she used to. And then-” Kyle choked up. “I can’t finish this. You finish it, Jonathan,” Kyle said as he put his head in his hands again.
“Alright. Well Alex was infuriated that he was leaving her to spend time with Delilah. Jack was pretty pissed too. So one day, Alex called Mia and asked her if she wanted to come over. She said yes, because she had missed being with Alex. And when she got there, she knocked on the door, and Alex and Jack opened with pretty much evil grins on their faces. Alex pulled her inside and hugged her, which she said was a bit too tight. When she asked what they were doing, Alex told her to shut up and took her to his room, Jack following behind them. Jack shut and lock the door behind them, and she asked what was going on, but Alex shushed her and pushed her down on the bed, and he tied her to the bed. She started screaming as she watched Alex and Jack both strip down to their boxers. And they just laughed and stripped her down to her bra and underwear. She was crying and screaming and Alex smacked her and told her every time she screamed, he would hurt her. She still screamed though. And he just kept hitting her. He took her virginity away from her, and then Jack was next. She went missing for a couple days, we were starting to get worried. We didn’t know she was at Alex’s. We looked in every public place in the city, and then we asked Delilah and told us that Mia had gone to Alex’s house. So we ran over there and beat the door down. We couldn’t find them anywhere, but then we finally checked Alex’s room and him and Jack were asleep on chairs while Mia was tied to the bed, with bruises all over her body. Her mouth was taped shut and she was still crying. I untied Mia while Kyle kicked Alex and Jack in the nuts, and they woke up. But he punched them both and they got knocked out. We took her home and she wouldn’t stop crying. We made her tell us the whole story, and she cried throughout the whole story. She didn’t go to school for about two or three weeks, and she cried non stop. She barely got any sleep, and she doesn’t get much of it. She has nightmares about it almost every time she sleeps, unless she has someone holding her while she’s sleeping. So me and Kyle usually take turns holding her each night. At first, she started cutting all the time, but me and Kyle made her stop, or at least we thought she did. Apparently she didn’t stop,” he mumbled the last part under her breath. Kyle and Jonathan both had tears running down their faces again, and Mia’s face was twisted up, her eyes squeezed shut tightly. I was stunned. I couldn’t believe she had gone through something like that. No wonder she was so reserved and afraid. And that explains her breakdowns at school, and her whimpers and screams in her sleep.
No one spoke after Jonathan finished the story. Everybody just stared at Mia or looked down. Suddenly, monitors started beeping, and Mia was tossing and turning. Doctors started rushing in, hooking wires up to Mia’s temples and arms. She started tossing and turning harder, and she screamed a blood curdling scream. The doctors hooked Mia up to a monitor that showed her lifeline and her heart rate. Her heart was beating at an extremely fast pace, her lifeline beeping out of control. She screamed again and suddenly her body went limp. Her heart rate slowed down to a 0 and her lifeline beeped out one long beep and it formed into a straight line. The doctors froze.
“Mia, come back!” Jonathan shouted.
“MIA! NO!” Kyle shouted.
“Oh god, Mia!” I shouted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia’s POV


I was dreaming about Alex and Jack again. I could hear Jonathan and Kyle telling my story to some people. I didn’t know who they were talking to. I had only been to recognize Jonathan and Kyle by their voices. I was losing myself in my body now, drowning under my own screams and pain. I could still hear shouting around me. But I was pretty much gone.
“Oh god, Mia!” That one voice caught my attention.
“Go to him Mia, go to the owner of that voice. He needs you and you need him.” Dad? “Yes Mia, it is me. Go back to him. Go back to Jonathan and Kyle, and the owner of that voice. They all need you. Figure out who that voice belongs to.”
My dead father’s voice disappeared, and I knew I couldn’t give up. I had to go back to everybody. I had to go back to my brothers. I loved them, and I needed them. I had to go back to that voice, whoever it belonged to. I needed that person, and I was going to find him. I knew I had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright.
i told you i would get it out today.
lots of writing time.
not sure when the next time ill update will be.
maybe today, tomorrow, a couple days,
i dont know.
BUT THANKS TO MY COMMENTERS:
Mitsukai
xSHESALADYx
Sincerely;Sarah

you guys are the best.
keep commenting.
comments make me update faster.
sooo, comment if you want an update.
(: