Road To Acceptance

Road to Acceptance - Part Two.

“I don’t have time for this shit.” I said flicking my cigarette into the street, grabbed my bag and walked away. But he quickly followed and put a hand on my shoulder. I turned sharply to face him.
“No, don’t get all hurt, I’m just saying..” We both stood their waiting for his answer. He slowly removed his hand from my shoulder.
“Do you want me to help you get started? I have a place where you could stay if you don’t have anywhere already.”

My eyebrows wrinkled. “Is this some kind of sleazy way of you trying to get into my pants” He laughed and I continued noticing that, that wasn’t the case, “How do I know I can trust you?”
He leaned against the brick wall. “Look, I’m not going to do anything bad. You seem like a cool girl who has potential. Plus, you’d make a rad lead singer.” He cracked a grin and I felt one rise against my cheeks as well.
“So what do you say? Want me to take you to the apartment my friend own’s and you could stay there for awhile?”
I nodded and crossed my arms. “Sure.”

On the way walking to the apartment, which from Mike’s knowledge, said wasn’t too far, we talked about our music taste and family lives and finally, I felt completely comfortable with him. Maybe I can trust him.
“How about....” Mike was thinking of another band to talk about. He kicked a rock and we turned the corner. “Rancid!” He said in glee.
I rolled my eyes and grinned. Tim Armstrong is only the best singer in punk these days. “Are you kidding? I had their lyrics memorized when I was 12!”
“Shit girl, you really know your stuff then. I’ve named so many fucking bands” He smiled and we arrived at the Golden Tree trashed out apartments. The cracked brick walls resembled where my mom used to work. Red Lace Gentlemen’s Club. Yes, my mom was a stripper, and my father was the owner. How cliche right?

“So you must watch out for the people here, they’re very...crazy. Maybe you’ll find a rare friendly looking person, but don’t let them in your room.” He held the door open and followed me in. We walked to the manager’s room (which I’m assuming was his friend) and knocked a view times. We stood back waiting til he finally answer cracking the door open only a little bit. The sunlight hit against his bold brown eyes. He realized it was Mike and opened the door.

“Hey man where ya’ been?” He knocked knuckles with Mike, then pulled him into a friendly hug. Mike glanced over at me. “Around I guess. Bill is still stressing about our band so I decided to do a coffee run for him, but I runned into an old friend.” He smirked and his friends eyes landed on me.
“Hi, I’m Glen and you are?” Glen stuck out his hand and I stared at it. Mike looked down to see his hand hover in the space between us. “Her name is Sidnee. She’s an old friend of Bill’s and she needed a place to stay since her parents kicked her out. Think you can help her out?” Glen retreated his hand and sighed.
“Fucking parents are stupid. Same thing happened to me. Let me just get my keys and I’ll give you one of the top floors. Hold on.”
He shut the door and shortly returned. He locked his own door and led us to the top floor. We walked up the stairs and a few were missing. Leaving me to stumble behind them, but they didn’t notice. I stood on one floor and just stared out into the complex. The wind blew against my face and reminded me momentarily of that damn dry desert where Theresa saved me from.

“Sid you coming?” His voice echoed down the hall and I leaped past another broken wooden stair and followed them quickly.

27D. The 7 was chipped at the top, almost resembling a 1. Any dumbass would get that mixed up. Glen unlocked the door and revealed the abandon room. Their was a dozen dead flowers on the floor near the door, and a big red stain. I gulped and entered. I walked around the place looking for a bathroom, praying to any state of god that it wasn’t as shitty as the rest of the place.

But I spoke too soon; The sink was cracked and leaking. The toilet had brown shit stains, which I’m assuming were permanent. The shower; almost too perfect. Besides a few missing tiles on the wall, it was the best part of the bathroom. I exited the bathroom and went to the bedroom where Glen and Mike were talking. The door was nearly closed, but opened just a little bit, enough for me to hear what they were saying. The actions of me eavesdropping on these guys, immediately made me think of the multiple times I would do that to my own parents. Either hearing them panting in pleasure, or them wincing and squealing in pain...from well....I’m sure you know.

“She really needs to be careful. I recommend you or Bill come down and check on her every once in a while. This was the only somewhat safe room I have left.”
“Alright. Well maybe I could send Bill. Bill really needs to...ya know.”
Glen laughed. “Oh jesus that fucking dog. Whatever makes him happy right?”

I rolled my eyes and walked outside. I know this was to good to be true. I’m not going to sleep with this guy just to reassure that I have protection. The only protection that anyone is gonna need is this “Bill” guy. If he steps foot in my place I swear...
“Sid, why are you outside?” Mike said opening the door.
“Doesn’t matter.” I growled impatiently. I want these guys out so I can get back to my fucking life and privacy.

“Well Mike I’m gonna go so she can get settled.” Glen left without any regards or questions. I turned to face Mike and their was guilt written all over his face.
“You heard what we were talking about didn’t you?”
“Like I said, what does it matter. Please just leave, I want to go to sleep.” I said trying to push him out of the doorway. He didn’t move at all.
“Come on at least be polite. I’m giving you a place to fucking stay, or would you rather roam the fucking streets and get raped, because I know you’re sure as shit not reading for that little girl.”

The words cold and stern didn’t stimulate me at all; besides my anger.
“I said please. What more do you want from me? Oh no wait. You want me to fucking sleep with your stupid ass friend?” I stood back and looked him over. I continued, “I don’t know who you think I am, but I’m so fucking different from every other girl you’ve gotten head from, or every other girl that you’ve got turned down by. I’m different. So like I said, give me my damn privacy, that’s all I’ve wanted since I got here.”
He smirked and moved out of my doorway.

“Fine,” He hesitated. I stood in the doorway this time and slammed the door.
“Billie will be here at 9 in the fucking morning sweetheart, so no sleeping in. And don’t think that we don’t know how to get in!” He screamed through the door and stomped down the stairs.

For the first time in those whole experience, I felt a little nervous. Whether Billie was going to fucking rape me, or....just be a complete nerd.
Fantastic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part dos. Slow right? Well next one I'll immediately hop in with everyone's favorite person. Messages would make this girl smile. Thanks.