Take Me Away

Say Goodbye

After dessert, we all returned back to the beach house with Sarah in tow.

"Wow, I love your house. It's amazing," Sarah smiled as she looked around the house.

"Thanks," I replied. Sarah was a extremely nice girl, and I couldn't help but actually like her. Kennedy was basically in love with her already, but something gave me the vibe that she wasn't as into him as he was her.

"Hey, can I talk to you real quick?" I asked Sarah. She nodded and followed me into my room for some privacy. "Look, please don't take this the wrong way. Maybe I'm just not seeing things right, but are you really that into Kennedy?"

Sarah let out a long sigh and let her shoulders slump as she sat on the edge of my bed. "No. I mean, I thought I would be. We flirted in the mall while I was at work the other day, but I didn't know we just wouldn't really have that much in common."

"But you two looked so cozy during dessert."

"Yeah, we had a few great, amazing moments. It just wasn't enough to really make a difference, you know. I mean, don't get me wrong, Kennedy is a great guy. Any girl would be lucky to have him, but I don't want to waste his time."

"Are you planning to tell Kennedy any of this?"

"Well, of course. I'm going to let him down easily, but I don't want to lead him on. That would just be cruel."

"You're a great girl, Sarah. I just hate you don't like Kennedy. It would be fun having you around," I smiled to her.

"Yeah, it would've been fun," Sarah smiled back. "I've got some news to break. See you around."

The two of us walked out of my room and back into the living room where everyone was at. "Walk me to my car?" Sarah asked Kennedy. He nodded, standing up and leading her outside.

"What were you two talking about?" Travis asked me.

"Kennedy."

"What about Kennedy?"

"It's not any of your busy, Travis," I laughed lightly. "You are so nosy."

"Oh my God, Travis. It's so clear. Sarah isn't into Kennedy," Kelsi whispered.

All the guys fell silent, clearly trying to figure out how Kelsi and I figured it out.

"Really? But they looked so cute tonight," William pointed out.

"I agree, but that's what Sarah and I were talking about. I don't know why, but I just got the feeling she wasn't into Kennedy," I said quietly, hoping that Sarah wasn't hurting Kennedy to badly.

"Women's intuition. That's how you knew about Sarah," Kelsi interjected.

William looked as if he were about to object, but stopped abruptly as the door creaked open. Kennedy walked back into the living room and sat down amongst us quietly.

Nobody said anything, unsure of how Kennedy would react.

"I'm pretty tired. I think it's time we get sleep. We have a good day ahead of us tomorrow," Jonathan said.

"Yeah, I agree. Let's get some sleep," Gabe said standing up.

Everyone responded by standing up, stretching, and heading to their own rooms. Everyone except Kennedy.

"Haley, can you wait here for a minute. I want to talk to you."
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa, been a long time. finally an update. college starts not this week, but next week. but that doesn't mean anything. maybe it will inspire me to write more.