Forget Your Running, I Will Find You

Maybe it Was Me

It all started when he had gotten in a car accident with his girlfriend Hayley. Since then, Gerard Way had never been the same. Hayley had died while Gerard was just in critical condition. The ambulance had been full of scientists disguised as medics. They lied to the real medics and proclaimed Gerard as dead. They then took him away to their lab to perform tests on him. No one knows why they needed him specifically, but Gerard would never know. They had completely altered his memory.

“Do you know who this is?” the doctor asked and held up a picture of Gerard’s brother, Mikey.
“No,” Gerard said, sedated.
“What do you do for a living?”
“… I’m a…”
“Yes?”
“Accountant.”
“Are you married?”
“No, I’m divorced.”


But Gerard had escaped before they completely altered his memory. The only thing he could remember was three names. They were his own name, Mikey’s name and Hayley’s name. Everything else was altered. He was now home (but didn’t know it was his home) and Mikey has been keeping an eye on him. Of course, the scientists are looking for Gerard still, and Mikey is trying to get his memory back to normal. But there is still one question… Why do they want Gerard? Why not anyone else?

Frank was walking down the sidewalk when he saw Gerard standing outside a building. Frank was shocked; he hadn’t seen Gerard in years. In fact, he was supposed to be dead. Did anyone else know this? Frank approached slowly in case it wasn’t. But it was.
“Gerard?” Frank asked.
He looked up. “Do I know you?”
“Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else.”
“No, that’s my name. Way.”
Frank looked confused. “You don’t know who I am? It’s me, Frank.”
“Sorry, don’t know you.”
“Okay… Do you know Mikey?”
“I know a Mikey.”
“Okay… what do you remember?”
“My name… Mikey and Hayley. Just their names, I work at this bank and am divorced-
“Okay, let’s find Mikey, I don’t know what’s going on.”