Never Say Never

Emotions

Stephanie's joyous smile froze and faded away. Why was he here? She slowly backed away and then turned abruptly, walking away from the white-tie restaurant.

Stephanie made it as far as the car park when four, calloused fingers wrapped around her forearm. She stilled, "Whoever it is, let go of me, I don't want to injure you," she said. Stephanie refused to turn around, but she heard a sigh. The person's fingers retreated.

"Listen Steph, why don't you stay please?" Johnny asked. Stephanie finally turned around. But Johnny wasn't at all relieved once he glanced at her eyes which showed so much sadness.

"You set me up," she accused, betrayal ringing clear in her voice. Johnny's eyes wandered to the pavement.

"I--We--It was all--" Johnny tried but didn't seem to have the right words. Stephanie shook her head.

"I don't want to be here anymore, Johnny," she said, her voice revealing a sad, vulnerable side to Stephanie that he couldn't bear to see. Johnny looked at her and sighed.

"Listen, you dressed up and you're already here; why not stay for the food? I mean, it'll make all the girls happy and Tiffany isn't here," Johnny tried. Stephanie looked at Johnny.

"Alright," she said. She kept convincing herself that the only reason she was walking back to the restaurant with Johnny was so she don't make the girls feel bad, but she knew the truth.

Stephanie agreed to stay because truly, she really wanted to at least glimpse at the Brian she fell for.

Brian blinked. She was a disappearing act; catching the visual of her only to have her go the next second. Brian swallowed, hating himself for feeling so upset that she practically ran away. He saw Leana look shocked and he had glanced at Johnny who ran after Stephanie.

Soon after, Stephanie came back with Johnny. His brown eyes followed her until she sat down next to him. Her eyes held the sadness that reminded her of a wounded dove. He wanted no more to gather her in her arms and keep her there.

He closed his eyes. Why did he have such a reaction to her? Again he swallowed and looked at the table. On his side, Brian saw Stephanie fiddling with her fingers.

"Hello Stephanie," Brian said.

"Hello Brian. How are you?" Stephanie asked. Oh how polite we are, Brian thought. Both his and Stephanie's voice were drowned out by the loud chatter coming from the others. Yet, everyone at the table heard and they quieted; all their eyes on Brian.

"I'm fine. Having a good night so far?" Brian asked.

"Not particularly, but then I guess if I did know you were here, I'm sure...." her voice trailed off. Brian's head snapped to her direction.

"What? You're sure your night would've been better?"

"Well, how else I'm supposed to feel? Happy go lucky?" she asked. Their voices both elevated, growing louder by each word.

"And I'm to blame?"

"Damn right you're to blame!"

"I didn't ruin our relationship," Brian said curtly. Stephanie was silenced. She couldn't respond.

"You're right Brian, I did ruin our relationship because of my doubts or whatever it was," Stephanie said and stood up. Brian watched as she glanced at Johnny, "I'm sorry Johnny, but I refuse to be near a foolish prick any longer,"

Brian got up just as soon, "Hold up, you're not going anywhere,"

Stephanie turned to Brian, her green eyes cold and bitter, "I have nothing more to say to you Syn. You leave me alone," With that, she walked out, but with a certain Brian Haner trailing behind.

Stephanie knew Brian was following her into the car park. Angrily, she turned around, “Stop it!”

“No,” Brian said and took her hand. Just as quickly, Stephanie wrung her hand and Brian no more held it.

“I’m going home,”

“And how, exactly? You came with Johnny and Leana!” Brian sighed, “Listen, let me just take you home,”

Stephanie glared at the man, “No,”

Brian sighed angrily, “You damned, stubborn woman!”

“I rather be stubborn than be next to you,” she said. Stephanie had to admit, that sentence was a wee bit childish but she didn’t care.

“Steph, allow me to give you a drop,” Brian said, his chocolate brown eyes capturing hers. Stephanie felt herself give in and she looked to the side. She was defeated.

“Fine,”

Raindrops pelted against the windscreen; the night sky held darkness and combined with the rain, Brian couldn’t see anything. Stephanie was nervous. If she couldn’t see the road then she didn’t want Brian to continue driving, “Brian, please pull over,” Stephanie said, her voice soft and angelic. Brian glanced at the woman next to him and nodded.

They were parked on the side of a highway, the expected awkward silence suffocating the pair. Stephanie saw a flash of light in the sky but she wasn’t prepared for the loud thunder. Upon hearing the almost growl, Stephanie jumped and immediately clung to the closest thing; Brian’s arm.

“Afraid of thunder?” he asked, concerned. Stephanie closed her eyes tightly and nodded, feeling just as petrified as she was at the age of four. Brian nodded, feeling a tug in his heart. Somehow, he managed to get Stephanie on his lap. Her head was on his shoulder and he had his arms wrapped tightly around her, patting her back softly.

How he wished for this moment to never end.

It was at that thought that he knew it. No amount of denial could help him now. He was still in love with Stephanie Daniels and no other woman could change that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so whole of this chapter, I was swallowing cuz i had urges to cry; and my heart fucking tugged! Jeez, i'm too over emotional. Now this chapter was pretty long, I guess and it's dedicated to But Mom Jeez as well as any of you guys who couldn't wait for this chapter.

I hope you all love the chapter.

Now thank you to those who commented:

xXVeriEnkeliXx
Sassified Vada
Bcook
Baby_Sevenfold
A7XLover
But Mom Jeez
Dying.Kiss
secrets-that-die
deema13
Catastrophe In A Box