Soldier on the Corner

Chapter One

I am dreaming I know I am. "Lena, Help me Lena ! Help me," I can't reach her. The hands grab at her by her hair, her clothes, every part of her body. The guns are big and scary and their tongues, i can't understand them. What are they saying to me? "Lena ! Run Lena run!"
My closest friend They've taken her. Anna is gone now and I am running. I run down the street from the temple to the block he is posted at. He's there waiting, watching me with those blue eyes. Oh why are they so beautiful. They remind me of a past life with no war or violence, a life with Anna and Sara. When we spent the summer on that same block where he stands. Then I stop. He makes me stop. He motions for me to come to him. Like he can fix everything, tell me where they took my friends and why.

I wake up crying. I cry so much now that Anna is gone and Sara with her. Mother says it's because they are jewish. I wish i was jewish with them so i can go where they go.
It's the summer now so no more school, yet mother still asks me to run errands.
It is good and bad for me. I get to see those blue eyes everyday but it comes with a price. All the other blocks I have to pass to get to the story have men that are scary and not as beautiful as he is. I wish i could've shown Anna and Sara what he looks like, but he came to our block just after they left. "Lena I need some milk for the baby. You must go now before it is all gone. We are all rationing you know!"
The outside air smells of war and sadness not like it used to. It used to smell like bread. Every street smelt of fresh-baked bread in the morning and the sugar -cinnomon snickerdoodles , but since most of the bakeries were jewish they went out of business by the nazis. Getting closer to the corner i sped up so that i could see him. I crossed the street so that i was far enough away it wouldn't notice me. I was so busy looking the other way, falling into the ocean of his eyes when i realized i really was falling....backwards. Before I lost my vision i saw him running across the street to me. Then it went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it is taking so long to write chapter two but its b/c i have finals all week til there done can't write =[