Status: I may be suffering from a loss of interest, as I am unwell. I may come back to it, one day.

Don't Listen, Darling

Your crushing my heart.

I felt a warm, wet cloth pass over my face gently, making my mind fizz and spark dimly in the numbing gray, of which my mind had be settled peacefully in, a resident, for what felt like quite a while. As I slowly regained most of what i would count as 'feeling', my eye-lids fluttered like that of a waking butterfly, as a hand brushed delicately against my cheek, removing some of the dark curls from my face.

I began to panic as my eyes focused, I saw a face that could only ever have been described as beautiful, but none the less, I didn’t recognise anything from that face apart from the almost un-real green eyes, which made slight memories run across my thoughts. The one thing I was sure of, I did not know, nor recognise, the person looking down at me with a sad but relieved smile, so, like most when confronted with an overly beautiful guy, I began to twist and turn in the constricting covers, that were soft, but heavy in a way only fabric can be. I made a sound of complaint when he gently gripped both my wrists, only to have him place a cool finger to my lips.

“Love, calm down, your okay, I just took you to my home after you fell asleep talking to me on the bridge. Remember?” he said in a quiet, emotional voice, turning to look over at a window, with mid-afternoon sun pouring through the panes like gold, as he spoke.

He turned back to face to face me, catching the realisation in my eyes, made his way over to a little table across the room. I relaxed quietly into the mattress, and he bought a modestly small tray over, it was a dark oak-ish colour, with little flowers and leaves engraved painstakingly into the edges and handles.

My eyes instantly fell in love with the miniature teapot, with it own little matching saucer and cup, and beside that were two slices of toast, with butter sparingly applied under a thick layer of orange marmalade spread evenly over the top. If you wanted honesty, I had a fascination with teacups, and all the other aspects of tea and such. And what made it even more beautiful, is that when I looked at his face, his eyes shined with a happiness, as my mouth twitched my own little smile, I suddenly realised how wonderful he was.

“That looks….wonderful.” I said, as my eyes started to water, the happiness I had not remembered feeling before, sparked and burst into a flame incomparable with anything I had ever felt in my life.
Then, as if to complete my blinding happiness, I realised something.

It was silent.

No voices, no cries, no screams.

No shadows walking with nowhere to possibly reach.

No asthma like pressure inflicting itself in my chest.

Nothing.

Absolute peace.

So beautifully wonderful.

He looked at me with a smile on his face, watching me as I looked around, my eyes sparkling, trying to find some other sound or blackened soul, finding nothing of that damned kind.

“It’s lovely isn’t it?” He said picking up my hand, absentmindedly threading his fingers through mine, a look of bliss spread across his face.
“Can you….feel them too then?” I asked, hoping he was talking about the same thing as I had been marvelling at.
“The ghost’s? Oh yes. Devious little monsters, they remind me constantly.” I sat up so quickly, and basically leaped to hug him, the loneliness of so many years of hiding, what may have been insanity, to finally find someone. Just like she had dreamed of doing as child.
♠ ♠ ♠
I quite liked this chapter, it's a tad short, but I'm happy. I loved the comment's, i had never realised how good it felt! *Beams* Ah, my mysterious third subscriber! Please reveal yourself, I don't bite, honest! :D Hope you enjoyed this one, I started introducing the concept of ghosts a little more.... I think the next chapter will take quite a while longer to come out though, as I can already feel it's going to be far longer, as i have to explain rather intricate theory's and such in it. :]