You Make Me Want to Lose Control

045

After the epidural shot, I felt a whole lot better. It didn’t take me long to reach 8 cm to 10 cm. It seemed within a period of 5 minutes, but I’m well convinced that it was longer than that.

“Kori, I need you to push sweetie.” I heard Dr. Graham say in her calm, professional voice.

“I am!” I hollered. Gabe put his hand in my hair, trying to comfort me. “Gabriel Eduardo, I know most women say this, but I’m sticking to it! I swear! YOU’RE NEVER TOUCHING ME AGAIN!!!!”

I heard him laugh slightly, I was to preoccupied to look, but I knew he had one of those cute smirks on his face. He better than to listen to me at a time like this.

“Push, Kori, push.” I was painfully reminded by my doctor. I was almost sure that my body was going to explode. There was no way a baby could come out of me, absolutely no way. “Alright, just a few more pushes, and she should be out.” I heard, while trying to push as hard as I could. “One more push, Kori. You can do it.” I grabbed Gabe’s hand, giving one last push. “There she is.” The doctor said.

The room was quiet. Aren’t babies supposed to be crying when they come out? “What’s-” I heard Gabe start to say, but didn’t finish. I lifted up trying to see my baby, they had her lying down. She was blue.

As soon as I opened mouth to see what was going on, so did she. She began screaming and crying, like regular babies do. I fell back against the bed, sighing with relief. I thought that there was going to be something wrong, and it hadn’t even been a minute since she was born.

Gabe sat on the side of my bed, leaning against me. He was watching the nurses handling our baby, with amazement. His eyes were wide, and his lips were parted just enough that you could see his bright teeth. “Look,” Gabe whispered. The nurse had my crying swaddled in a blanket, and was heading our way with her.

I tried sitting up, so that I would be able to hold her. “Are you ready for your daughter, Kori?”

I didn’t answer, I just smiled and held out my arms. The second she placed her in my arms, she stopped crying. She kept eyes closed and remained still. “Hi, Skylyn. Oh, wow. You’re so beautiful.” The feeling I had when she was in my arms was like no other. Gabe had giving me all the feelings in the world, love, hate, jealousy, angry, a lot of pleasure, and now thanks to him this. My baby. My Skylyn.
I
I looked up at Gabe, her was staring down at us, smiling from ear to ear. “Do you want to hold her?” I asked, after having her in my arms for a few minutes.

Gabe cautiously took her from my arms, holding her close to him. He was scared to death, I could tell. But he wouldn’t let anybody know it. He talked to her softly. So soft, that I couldn’t understand. I wasn’t for sure, but I thought that he was speaking Spanish to her, knowing for a fact that I wouldn’t’ be able to understand any of the things he was saying. He liked to agitate me like that.

“What was happening?” I asked the nurse.

“She wasn’t getting enough oxygen. But she’ll be fine now.”

“Good.” Gabe said, still in a whisper tone, but loud enough for us to hear.

“She is 5.9 pounds, and 19.5 in.” The nurse said, looking a folder. “And, she’s beautiful.” The nurse added, smiling at us.

I looked at little Sky. She had dark skin like Gabe, and dark hair like the both of us. Her eyes were a dark brown.

I leaned over, kissing my little baby on the cheek, and my big baby on the arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's miss me? ;)
Goshh, it's been awhile hasn't it?
Idk, if this is the best chatper ever. But you shouldn't judge, just be happy I updated. ;)
Go here:
http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/wedontfightfair44/?action=view&current=Skylyn.jpg&newest=1

Comment?