Remind Me That We'll Always Have Each Other

She Believed In Heaven, Yeah;

I felt my heart stop beating, and suddenly, I felt sick.

"Y - yeah?"

He tightened his grip around me, but it wasn't in a cuddly way. It was as if he was examining me, instead. Finally, he pulled away and looked at me.

"Kaydence, what the hell is going on?"

I tried my best to hide the guilty feeling that was inside of me, "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about,"

"No, actually I don't."

He sighed, "I can feel almost every bone in your spine, Kaydence. You weren't like that when I first met you,"

I held back the tears that were dieing to spill over, and shook my head.

"John, you're being over dramatic."

He eyed me for a moment, before letting out another sigh, "Yeah, if you say so."

I grabbed his hand, and looked at him, "You don't have to worry about me, John. I promise."

A small smile graced his lips, and he gave me a kiss, "It's my job."

I laughed, "Yeah, sure."

His pocket vibrated and he pulled his hands away from me, "I'm sorry,"

"It's fine, babe."

I took a seat on my bed and listened to John talking on the phone. I could tell by the humor in his voice that it had to be someone from the band. When he finished, he looked at me, with puppy dog eyes. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"What do you want?"

"The guys wanna hang out for awhile,"

"Go ahead,"

He smiled and rolled his eyes, "I want you to come with me!"

I laughed, "I don't intrude on your male bonding time,"

He pulled me up from my bed and rested his forehead against mines, "You're not intruding. They want you to come too."

"Really?"

"Really."

I smiled and pecked his lips, "Alright then, I'll go."

__________________________________________

When we arrived on the doorstep of Kennedy's house, Pat swung the door open before we could even knock.

"It's Ka - Ka - Kaydence!" He chimed and pulled me into a hug.

I laughed, "Hey, Pat,"

"Watch your hands, Pat."

Pat laughed and shut the door behind us, "No need to worry, John Ohhh."

We walked into his living room, and I saw Garrett, Jared, and Kenny sitting around. I could see the top of a red - headed boys' hair, but I didn't know who he was.

"Who's that?" I asked John.

"That," he pointed to the boy, "is Nick. YO, NICK!"

He turned around and waved, "John, mah man!"

John laughed, "This is Kaydence. Kaydence, this is Nick."

He cheesed and nodded his head at me, "Nice to meet you,"

I gave him a small wave, "You too,"

We went and took a seat on a vacant couch, and John wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"So now that we're all here, what are we gunna do?" Kenny asked.

"I'm kinda want hit up Mojo's," Garrett said.

"That does sound good!" Jared smiled.

Pat was too busy watching Spongebob to add any input.

"I'm down," Nick said.

John shrugged his shoulders, "You know I'm down for anything!"

"So Mojo's it is then!" Kenny announced.

We all stood up, and started making our way towards the door. I had no clue what Mojo's was, but it sounded like a club of some sort.

"John," I tugged on the sleeve of his shirt.

"Yeah, babe?" He turned around and looked at me.

"What exactly is Mojo's?"

He laughed, "It's this bomb ass ice cream place. You'll love it!"

I faked a smile, as we began walking down the sidewalk. Mojo's was an ice cream parlor. Ice cream was food. Food was not something I wanted to see right now.

"Watch this!" Pat yelled, and threw a rock into the air.

It went at least twenty feet into the air, before tumbling down onto the pavement, and cracking.

"Retard," John laughed.

Him and Nick began to have a conversation, and I sort of felt out of place. I sped up a bit, to walk beside Pat.

"Did you see that?"

"I did,"

He smiled, "I'm gunna hit the clouds one day!"

I laughed, "I'm sure you will, Pat."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "So tell me, how is it that you can date John?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," he raised his left hand and placed it against his chin, as if he was thinking, "he's a bit self righteous." He whispered the last part in my ear.

I laughed, "No, he's not."

"Hmph! Just you wait and see." He laughed.

I smiled, and we continued walking and chatting about nothing in particular, until Jared stopped in front of a small building, lit up with neon signs everywhere.

"Who's paying?"

"Not me," Nick, John, Kenny, Garrett, and Pat said at once.

"Kaydence, my dear, was that silence a volunteer?" Jared smiled.

I laughed, "I didn't bring my purse with me. Sorry, Jared."

He pouted, "It's fine. John, you owe me for making that beer run last week!"

John groaned, "Fine, fine. I'll pay, bitch."

We all laughed and entered the shop. It was rather cold, and I rubbed my hands together, trying to get some form of heat to my body.

"Here," John took his sweater off, and gave it to me.

"Thanks,"

"No problem." He smiled and gave me a small peck on the lips, before joining in the line.

"I want that shit right there! It looks like it'd give my taste buds an orgasm!" Kenny laughed.

Pat peered into the glass window and nodded his head, "Dude, it does!"

I strayed behind the line, and stood next to a table. It only took a minute for John to notice my absence in the line.

"Babe, you don't want anything?"

I shook my head, "I'm still pretty full from lunch."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive."

"Okay, then."

The look on his face let me know that he didn't completely buy my lie, but he left it alone, and I was glad. It took all of ten minutes for each of them to get their cup of ice cream, and we headed back outside.

"Okay, Pat it's your turn,"

Pat swallowed his glob of ice cream before answering Kenny, "For what?"

"A dare ma man!"

Pat laughed, "Bring it on!"

John smiled at me, "Prepare to see Pat make a complete ass out of himself!"

I laughed, "I'm ready,"

Kenny whispered something to Pat, before Pat busted out into a fit of laughter.

"Go," Kenny pushed him forward, and Pat was standing back in front of Mojo's.

"Okay, but before I start," he looked back at all of us, "if security comes outside, I'm hauling ass!"

Kenny snorted, "Just go!"

We all watched as Pat began to sway back and forth on his legs, and lifted his half - eaten cup of ice cream into the air.

"What's he doing?" I whispered to John.

John shrugged, "I have no clue,"

Before I could even fully turn my attention back to Pat, he was screaming.

"YOU'RE JUST A CUPCAKE LOVER!" He was screeching and yelling in a high pitched voice, and I could hardly make out anything he was saying, but it was funny as hell just watching him.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Jared fell on the ground laughing.

"DON'T GO! DON'T GO!" He yelled at someone walking by.

"Pat, you're a fucking retard!" John was laughing uncontrollably as well.

After a minute, we all took off running down the street, before anyone could yell at us. We all stopped once we got about a block down the road. We all fell on the ground laughing, and holding our sides.

"Fuck Pat, you're gunna get us in trouble one day!" Nick laughed.

"I can't believe," he wiped his eyes, "I can't believe I just did that!"

Kenny was laughing the hardest out of all of us, "I think I just peed my pants, brah."

Once the laughing died down, we got back on our feet and started walking down the street.

"You think you could handle us all tour long, Kaydence?" Nick asked me.

I laughed, "I think I can."

John threw his ice cream cup into the trash.

"How'd you like it?" Garrett asked.

"Eh, it wasn't the best I've had from there,"

"I think it tastes amazing!" Jared said.

John laughed, "Well, Jared's happy, so that's all that matters."

I smiled and grabbed his hand, "Awe, you're so sweet."

He smiled, "Yeah, I know."

We passed a water fountain and stopped to look at it.

"Where does all the water come from?" Pat asked.

Kenny slapped the back of his head, "From a machine, dumbass."

"You're so mean!" Pat pretended to wipe a fake tear from his eye.

I started to laugh, but stopped once I felt a pain shoot through my body. I felt like my heart was beating twice as fast, and I could hardly breathe. I began to gasp for air, and I held onto my stomach.

"KAYDENCE! BABY, WHAT'S WRONG?!"

I shook my head, and waved my hands at him. He didn't take the hint, and came over to me.

"Kayde! Do you need to me to call 911?!"

I shook my head again, and finally felt my air way open up. I slammed my hands against the ground, and waited until I could catch my breath. John rubbed my back, and kept asking me if I was okay.

"I - I'm fine,"

"Kaydence, you just about had a fucking heart attack!"

I shot a look at him, "I said I'm fine!"

He stood up and put his hands up, palms facing me, "Fine."

I stood up slowly, and sighed, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you."

His arms snaked around my waist, and he gave me a kiss, "You scared me."

"I'm sorry,"

"I think before we leave, you should go to the doctor."

"No, I don't need too."

"Kayde -"

"I'm NOT going to the doctor's, John."

He sighed and nodded his head, "Fine. Let's get back to Kenny's."

It was silent as we walked back to Kennedy's house. There was no more jokes being told, or any laughter to be heard. I felt guilty, knowing that it was my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the comments, and for subscribing! It means a lot to me! I took various clips from The Maine's YouTube's videos, and just meshed them into one. I have to admit, Pat having his tantrum outside of Pizza Hut still cracks me up! ;)