Remind Me That We'll Always Have Each Other

But Never Let Them Help;

"You sure you have everything?" Lainey asked me for the umpteenth time.

I let out a small laugh, and looked at my best friend, who was on the verge of tears. I pulled her into a hug, and she laughed.

“I know it’s stupid to cry, because you’re only going away for a month or two, but I can’t help myself!”

I smiled and looked at her, “Lainey, you know we’re going to be talking and texting nonstop, babe.”

She nodded her head, and helped me grab my bags, “Is John here yet?”

I checked my phone and saw that he hadn’t called me, “I’m assuming no. He told me he’d call when he got here,”

“Oh, okay.”

I pulled down the bottom of my black Beatles sweater, and grabbed my cell phone, “Maybe we should head downstairs?”

Lainey nodded her head in agreement, and we set forth for downstairs.

“You’re done packing already?” My mom asked me as soon as I stepped foot in the living room.

I laughed, “I’ve been done since last night, ma.”

She sighed and I could tell she too, had tears in her eyes. I groaned.

“Moomm, please don’t cry. It’s not like I’m going away forever!”

She smiled and gave me a hug, “I know, but I just got you back, baby. I’m going to miss you so much!”

A small knot tied itself in the pit of my stomach, and I suddenly felt guilty. My mother was right. I had just come home, and now I was leaving again, and not for just a couple days, but for months. I pulled away from her body, and looked her in the face.

“Maybe I should just stay home,”

She shook her head, “No! That’s nonsense, Kaydence! You go! You deserve to have fun. I’m just being a mom,”

I laughed and gave her a kiss on the cheek, “Where’s Tom?”

“Oh, he had an early job to do this morning,”

I nodded my head.

“BUT, he did tell me, to tell you, that he’s going to miss you very much, and that he hopes you have fun, and that he loves you.”

I smiled, “Tell him I love him and thanks, when he gets home?”

“Of course,”

I heard the engine of the John’s van pull into the driveway, and I looked around.

“Where are Miah and Mia?”

“Right here!” Jeremiah appeared behind the kitchen wall.

I laughed, “Well come give me a hug, dork.”

He walked over and wrapped his thin arms around me.

“I’m gunna miss you, kiddo,”

I smiled into his long hair, “I’m gunna miss you too, Miah,”

M mom went to answer the door, and a second later, John, Jared, Garret, Pat, and Kennedy entered the living room. Jeremiah placed his hands on each side of my shoulders, and looked me in the eye.

“What are you doing?” I laughed.

He cleared his throat, “You are still my little sister, and therefore, I have a few rules to tell you, before you embark on this tour,”

I rolled my eyes. Great.

“This is the deal, and you listen up too, Johnny Boy,” Jeremiah looked over at John, who was taking a sip of his coffee, but stopped when he heard his name.

“What?” He asked innocently.

“Listen,” Jeremiah put his attention back on me, “Remember not to go wandering off anywhere. It’s easy to get lost in a swarm of fans, trust me. Number two; keep a bottle of mace on you at all times!”

I arched my brows at him, “Mace? Jeremiah, what in the heck are you talking about? I don’t own mace spray!”

He pointed towards my suitcase, “I slipped it in your zipper compartment,”

I rolled my eyes, “Jeremiah, really now, you’re going a little overboard!”

He smiled, “Number three, there will be no, and I repeat no fornication taking place at any time!” He shot John a look.

I covered my face with my hands, “Oh, God,”

“Jeremiah, you’re being foolish now! Leave the poor boy alone!” My mom told him.

Lainey slapped the back of his head, “Listen to your mom, boy. You’re being ridiculous!”

I took my hands from my face and laughed, “Is there anything else, Master?”

He smiled, “Yeah, have fun!” He gave me one last hug and a kiss on the cheek, before going to stand beside my mom and Lainey.

“Where’s Mia?”

As if right on cue, she came running down the stairs, with a note clutched in her small hands.

“I’m here! I’m here!”

I smiled and picked her up, kissing her cheek whilst fixing her on my hip.

“I’m gunna miss ya,”

She smiled and held the note to my face, “Here, I made this for you,”

I grabbed the folded piece of paper from her hands and smiled, “Can I open it?”

She shook her head, “Not until you’re on the road!”

I pouted, “Darn it,”

She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck, “I’m gunna miss you, Kaydence,”

“I’ll miss you too, babe. I promise I’ll call you all the time!”

Her eyes grew big, “Really?!”

“Of course!”

She smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek, “I love you,”

“I love you too, Mia.”

I set her down on her feet, and when I stood back up, I had to grab onto the wall to keep myself from falling over. I was feeling lightheaded from not eating.

“Kaydence, are you okay?” My mom asked me, whilst grabbing my arm.

I nodded my head, “Yeah, mom. Just came up too quick,” I smiled.

She sighed and let go of my arm. I walked over to John, and he gave me a weary look. I returned a small smile at him, and looked at the rest of the group.

“Should we get going?”

Pat nodded his head, “We should,”

I gave my mom, Jeremiah, Lainey and Mia one last hug and an ‘I love you’, before heading out the door. It took us only a moment to get situated in the van, and to begin driving down the street.

I stared out of the back window, being that we were in the last row of seats, and sighed. John wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“You sure you wanna come, babe?”

I nodded my head and gave him a smile, “I’m sure,”

He kissed the tip of my nose and I nuzzled my face into his neck, while letting out a yawn. A small laugh erupted from his lips.

“What?” I looked up at him.

“Nothing, your breath just tickled me,”

I laughed, “Oh, sorry,”

He lay on his back on the seat, allowing me to lie on top of him. I rested my head on his chest, and closed my eyes as I felt his fingers run themselves through my hair. I put my ear against where I assumed his heart to be, and it brought a smile to my lips.

“Your heart’s beating fast, John,”

He laughed and I could feel the vibrations on my cheek, “It may or may not have something to do with being so close to you,”

I smiled and scooted myself up, so my face was just over his.

“I love you,”

“I love you too,” He said whilst tracing small circles on my cheeks.

I closed my eyes, allowing myself to feel the comfort of his touch.

“Kaydence?”

I opened my eyes, letting him know I was listening.

He pressed his lips ever so slightly against mines, and began to sing.

“Earth angel, earth angel, please be mine. My darling dear, love you all the time. I’m just a fool, a fool in love with you . . .”

The warmth of his breath against my lips, and the sound of his voice sent chills down my spine. I smiled as our lips fully connected, and I felt as if I could stay perfectly happy in this moment forever.

“GET A ROOM!!!” Pat yelled, causing an eruption of laughter to sweep over the van.

Well, it was perfect while it lasted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually really, really like this update! Hahaa. Go figure! :) I hope you guys' enjoy it too! Now, prepare yourself for a world of drama as the tour starts! ;)

Kaydence.