Through Pain, Love, Lost, Religion And Just Plain Old Drama!

Little Bubbles Of Denial

Sarah skipped down Hay Street in Perth's city center. Once she stopped she turned to her green eyed friend.

"Khyyyyy! Let's go! Aren't you the least bit happy?" As she spoke she skipped over to Khyber, put her hands on his shoulders and leaned in close to the shorter boy.

"No, No I am not. You are a psychopath. Can I go now?" Khyber crossed his arms over his chest, and took a step back when Sarah glared.

"FINE! Whatever! I don't care!"

"'Kay, Bye!" With that Khyber attempted to make a run for it. He didn't make it far before he was tackle by the black haired girl, drawing the attention of various people around them. Sarah straddled him and threw her arms out wildly as she exclaimed

"You weren't suppose to actually leave! You were suppose to come over and comfort me!" Khyber looked at her like she was an idiot.

"You seriously thought that I would do that? I thought you knew me better then that!"

Sarah hmphed and got off Khyber, grabbing his wrist and dragging him towards the Hungry Jacks. Once they stepped inside, they quickly spotted their friends. Brandon and Cameron were throwing various foods at each, whilst the others watched. Much do the dismay of the staff, who strange, did nothing to stop the act.

"Guuuuuys! Oi! I got! Noel!"

Khyber growled at her for using his third first name. Sarah ignore him and sat down at the table dragging him with her.

"Jeez, Khy! You're just a little Happy Bubble!" Khyber glared at Jaime hatefully, turning to him, his held in anger finally going on a rampage.

"OF COURSE I'M PISSED OFF, IDIOT! I'M IN THE CITY WITH A BUNCH OF PSYCHOPATHS! MY MUM DOESN'T KNOW WITHER! SHE IS GOING TO KILL ME!" With that, Khyber folded his arms on the desk and banged his head on them repeatedly.

"Good luck with that..." Spoke Lorelei, staring at him.

____________________________________________________________________________

"KHYBER-CASPIAN-NOEL! WHERE WERE YOU?!" Khyber winced at his mother's high pitched screaming. She stormed up in front of him, stopping him just after he had closed the front door.

"Well!?" She glared down on him.

"I...um..well, You see..err" Khyber stuttered and crumbled under his mother's vicious glare, he almost smiled at Soler who was giggling on her hip.

"UGH! YOU'RE LUCKY YOUR FATHER'S NOT HERE! YOU INSOLENT BRAT!" Continueing her rant, his mother left the hall, presumably to go back the kitchen. As Khyber was about to go up the stairs, his mother called.

"Your father will speak with you!"

Khyber winced. More bruises then. He sighed and went up to his room, sitting on the end of the bed, waiting for his father.

He looked up when the door opened. His father walked in.

"Khyber, what were you doing? Out by yourself?" His voice was eerily calm. Khyber stared at him wide eyed.

"I-I-I wasn't alone, father. I was with my friends!"

"YOU LITTLE LIAR!" His father backhanded him across the face, sending him to the floor. The much larger adult gave his son a hard kick to the ribs before grabbing him and dragging him to a standing position. Khyber winced, his small hands gripping the larger one pulling at his hair.

"Are you gonna tell the truth now?" His father asked, sounding as normal as ever.

"I-It is the t-t-truth! I P-Promise!" Stuttered Khyber, sending his father a pleading look. His father simply glared and rammed his sons head into the floor. Khyber screamed when he felt blood drip from his temple. His father kicked his ribs again, making him scream at the awful crack.

His father stood, glareing down at his son. Before he closed the door, Khyber heard him say "Little Demon" before the door clicked shut and Khyber blacked out.

____________________________________________________________________________

When Khyber awoke, he found him self in bed, dressed in his night clothes. He sighed, knowing his mothered had come a fixed him up when he felt the band aid on his temple and bandages around his ribs.

Khyber swung his legs of the side of the bed. Standing up slowly, when he didn't feel dizzy, Khyber carefully opened his bedroom door and headed down the stairs. He breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed his father was no longer home. He smiled at his mother in the kitchen. She simply sighed and patted his head saying

"Really, Khyber. You need to stop being so clumsy. You're lucky your father was their to help."

Sometimes, Khyber loved his mother's little bubble of denial. He never bothered to correct her. He new it would be pointless. He went over to Soler, who was seated in her high chair, talking happily to he stuffed dog.

"God loves all his children, Khyber. You need to stop pushing him away. Maybe then he can finally help you." Spoke his mother as she came over with some sandwiches for Soler, who happily munched them, offering some to her dog every few bites.

Khyber looked down. He knew he was bad. His mother said it was because of how he was born, the devil tried to take him away. God helped her get him back, but the Devil had infected him. It got worse the more he pushed God away. The problem, Khyber didn't know how he was pushing God away, let alone how to bring him back. He went to church with his mother, father and sister, prayed every night, said grace. What else was their to do?

Khyber sighed again, it was becoming a habit. Maybe God would come back soon. Then everything would be alright, just like his mother said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fuck me. That was hard to right. My father's in prison now...so you know. My mother's bubble of denial...Sigh, she still lives in one. God, i cried like the whole time I was writing this. It was really hard for me to put it up and i was tempted to edit out the...well, my father. But i said i would my life story..and well, this was my life.