Razorblade Charm

Hastings&Valletta Fountain

* Tink's Pov*

I press myself against the cemetery wall, my eyes squeezed shut, huddling closer to the shadows. My breath is coming out ragged and shallow, and I clutch my side, the stich ripping through me.

They came to Peter's grave to look for me, and stupid me came here. I practically left them a note telling them where to look.

The police car trundles slowly past, lights flashing. An officer leans out the window with a torch, letting the light seep over headstones. I hear Ryan's sad voice calling me.

I'm not going back.

It wasn't easy getting to Monroeville. I stole money from Richard, packed some stuff in my black backpack and ran down to the train station. I got on a train, travelled here and ran to the cemetery.

The car parks up and the police and Mom and Ryan get out. They go off in different directions. Ryan gets close to Pete's grave, calling my name. I feel bad. I've scared him.

I duck behind a tree and wait for hours before the car drives off. I wait a little while to make sure then stumble out the cemetery. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

I get another train back to my old town, and walk in the rain. I come to a closed up shop, the black shutters pulled over the windows. The faded sign overhead is black too,-HunTerS.

One of the only places I was happy.

I walk through the town, stopping to look at my old house, my friend's houses. The Hastings and Valletta Fountain where we used to hang out in the summer, sitting on the cool marble steps leading from it, flipping golden coins into the icy water and wishing.

Wishes are for losers.

I walk and walk and walk and find an alleyway. I huddle in between the old boxes and junk, and fall asleep against the wet mossy wall.

I wake up only a few hours later, get up and walk back down to the fountain. It's getting light. The sky is a mysterious velvet blue, the moon still shining, a yellowing orb in the silky sky. It's so perfect. I remember.......

*Flashback*

" Come on, Tink! Hurry up!"

I roll my eyes at Cornelia's annoyed voice. She is so impatient, yet expects everyone to wait hours for her.I rifle through my wardrobe and pull on a skinny black bondage jumper to go with my black leggings. I find my purple dress and shrug it on over that, and tie the laces of my army boots.

" TINK!"

" Alright!" I yell back, grabbing my Ruby Gloom bag and slinging it over my shoulders. I hurry down the stairs to my gang of friends waiting in the hall.

There's Cornelia, perfect, perfect Cornelia. Her long, white-blonde hair trails to her waist and her blue eyes set off her albino skin. Her best friend Jeri is her opposite-pink hair in a funky bob, dark eyes and olive skin, with a number of freckles.

As well as Cornelia and Jeri there's Evan. Evan is strange. I love her to bits, but she's strange. Her face is white-pure white-and her hair is a pale blonde. Her eyes are pale too, but she's wearing a black tier skirt and glittery black lipstick.

And Pete.

He's hanging his head so his emo hair falls forward, scuffing the floor. He looks so sad. The anti-depressents mustn't be working today.

We all walk down to the fountain and sit on the steps. The sun sets, and the stars come out.

I don't think I've ever been happier.

*End of flashback*

I don't know where to go from here.....

But I know what to do.

I sit on the white marble steps and slit and slit and slit. The marble turns crimson with blood, wet with tears. Once I've finished, I kiss the razor and drop it into the water.