Razorblade Charm

Internet Boyfriend

*Fatima's POV*

Oh, my God.

He recognises me.

Ryan and I met a long time ago. Well, I say met. We never actually saw each other's faces. They remained a mystery, but we were best friends. Every night, I would always log onto the forum just to talk to him. It was just some normal forum, for kids to swop their slit-your-wrists poetry, freaky fan fictions and love for vampires and Tim Burton movies. I joined one day because I was bored, and this other site wouldn't let me read the story unless I registered.

I talked to a few kids who all moaned about their families because they wouldn't let them go to a Fall Out Boy concert and dyed their hair black. It was Okay.

Then I started talking to Ry-Must-Die.

He was amazing. He was funny, lovely, kind, and he had real problems. He told me countless of times that I was the reason he kept coming back.

I guess you could say we treated happygoth.com like a dating site. It was. We started talking and then he was calling me his Internet girlfriend.

I suppose I was.

Ryan stopped coming to happygoth.com and I stopped living. It felt as though my heart had cracked in two. We had plans to meet up.

And now we're both here.

"Fatima," he whispers. "From happygoth! Oh my God!"

He pulls me into a hug and I laugh into his hair. Wow. He looks a lot more better than his photo.

"This is so weird! I can't believe...it's honestly you!"

I nod shyly and duck my head. I blush a lot and it totally sucks.

"Oh wow!" Ryan laughs. "Anyway....how are you?"

I tell him all about myself and he tells me about him. It feels strange but it's real.

"I can't believe it's you," Ryan laughs. " Really. I used to call you Internet Girlfriend, right?"

"Yep."

He looks away, smiling slightly.He tipshis head back and says

"Wanna just be called girlfriend?"