Razorblade Charm

Razorblade Romantico

All week, I look out for Locker-Girl. I don't see her. I can't miss her-she has purple hair and wears a razorblade charm. But why though? That means she's asking for trouble. I know that is so hypocrititcal. And why did she get locked in her own locker? Did she do it herself? No, Ryan, don't be stupid. She looked quite smart-her bag was buldging with files and books, and I spotted a pair of black glasses poking out her pocket.

Gee, Ryan, just cos she wears glasses doesn't mean she's clever.

Maybe she stole them, just to pick on someone. But she didn't seem that sort of person. I mean, she herself got locked in her own locker.

That fate seems the same for me. I get shoved on the corridoors, my clothes get taken in the changing rooms in the Gym, my books get ripped. Plesentview High is not so plesent.

" Crawl back in the drain, cutter!" Clancy jeers. Then he shoves me into the wall and kicks me as he walks past. Nice.

Of course, I don't tell Mum. I lie and fake and smile and say it's all fine. But it's not.
I know I will get branded emo for this, but I wish I was dead. My life has been one mistake after another. I think that if I lie down to an immortal sleep, it won't hurt as much.

I write a poem about it for English homework and get moved up into a higher class, seeing as though I have ' a pessimistic, yet focused, sharp and unique out-look on life'. The new class is better-I just don't talk to anybody. I write my poems and ignore everything.

It's English, and I am sitting at the back of the class, listening to Miss Archer call out the register. The door creaks open, and a girl slips into the class and sits down in the seat next to mine.

It's her. Locker-Girl.

" Patricia Heart?" calls out Miss Archer.

" Yes, Miss," Locker-Girl says plesently, then scowls horribly, and whispers,
" That's not my name."

" What is your name then?" I ask. Her eyes snap up and she slowly smiles.

" Tinkerbell."

" What?"

" Patricia is shortened to Tricia, which is shortened to Trish. That's too boring for me , so I changed it to Tinkerbell. Look."

She pulls a chain out from inside her Mighty Boosh shirt. It has a Tinkerbell charm hanging from it-but this Tinkerbell has red hair and is wearing a black dress and eye-liner.
The razorblade charms catchs in the light, and I see it has words engraved on the side - ' Razorblade Romantico'.