Razorblade Charm

Missing

* Ryan's Pov*

Tinkerbell sits down silently on the sofa, crosses her legs and lets her hair hang forward. She doesn't look up, and I hear her sniff.

" Hey, Tink," I say, nudging her. " Are you Okay?"

" No," she whispers. " I'm not Okay."

She sniffs again, and I wrap my fingers over her's. Her purple hair flops forward, revealing the pale nabe of her neck.

" I don't want to slit, Ry. I really don't, but I have too. I have too. "

" You don't, Tinkerbell. No way. You don't have to die. You should live. You're funny, creative, arty, pretty."

I think I see her ghostly cheeks blush.

" Nobody else sees that," she sighs. " I just want everything to be normal, like it was before Dad died. When I was just a normal kid with brown hair and braces."

" Look, Tink," I say awkwardly. " I don't know what to say. "

I hear her sniffle and let out a little sob.

" Tink, don't," I whisper. She hunchs over, crying softly. " Please."

I move her hair away from her wet face and pull her closer. She cries into my hair and curls up.

" Tinkerbell, it's Okay. We'll help you. I promise."

When Mom comes in with Katie, she looks quite surprised.

" Is everything Okay?" she asks nervously and Tinkerbell stands up.

" Yeah,I'm just going now. Bye,Ryan."

" I'll walk you home," I say, springing up. " Be back soon, Mom."

I walk Tinkerbell home. She doesn't talk much at all, and trails into her garage bedroom sadly.

I'm so worried about her.

I shouldn't have let her slit, I know I shouldn't. I should have took the razor and threw it. But I didn't. I gave in.

Mom asks me about it when I get home but I don't tell her anything. I cant.

*Later that night*

Mom bustles into my room, clutching the phone, her hair sticking up at the back. I yawn, sit up and glance at my clock. Half-two in the morning.

" It's for you," she groans. I take it from her and speak into it.

" Yes?"

" Is that Ryan Petrelli?" It's a voice I hardly recognise.

" Yes, it is. Who's this?"

" This is Monica Heart, Patricia's mother."

Tinkerbell's mom.

" Oh. Is everything all right?"

" No. She's missing. She's run away. Do you have any idea where she is?"

Panic flutters in my heart, and visions of alley ways and doorways flood my head. This is my fault.

" No....I'll be right over, Okay?"

I hang up, get out of bed and start getting dressed. I explain to Mom between gasps, and she carries Kate down to the car and she drives me to Tinkerbell's house.