Mein Herz ist in Deutschland

Chapter 6

**AN: All italicized words will be German. If that ruins the story for you, just tell me and we can go back to the old way, kay?**

The backstage of the concert was loud crazy. The sound of hysterical fans bled through the thick concrete walls and became whispers of sweet adoration. The three Americans sat on a dingy black couch, mesmerized by the objects and people that surrounded them. Mary leaned foreword, covering her thin pink lips with her hand, trying to stop the squealing from coming out of her body. Her green eyes looked at the four German boys, whom where in a small circle in the corner of the room. She grinned widely and sat back, nudging Aubrey in the ribs.

“What are they saying?” She asked her dark-skinned friend, gently. Aubrey looked at Mary with bored eyes and shrugged. Mary frowned and pushed Aubrey forward, so to talk to David, “What’s with her?” she hissed. David chuckled a bit and shook his head,

“I think she’s dead.”

“Stop talking about me like I can’t here you!” Aubrey groaned, sitting back, pressing Mary’s arm into the couch.

“And the dead speaks!” David said in a spooky tone.

“Shut up!” Mary and Aubrey barked, and then a series of laughter came from the other side of the room where the Germans where standing. Aubrey’s face flushed quickly and she went back to picking off the nail polish.

“I think the one with the long hair is really cute.” Mary muttered into her friend’s ear. Aubrey raised her eyebrow and looked at her confused,

“I thought you and David were…you know.” Aubrey said, looking back and forth between them. David snorted and rolled his eyes,

“Nope. We liked each other, but thought the world would be safer if we didn’t date.” He answered. Aubrey nodded and shook her head, putting her it down again, looking at the hole in her jeans. She blushed gently and put her finger in it, touching her knee.

“Hallo!” A deep voice said, Aubrey popped her head up quickly and smiled automatically. The boy that stood in front of her had a long deep brown hair, which fell to his massively built upper-body. Mary’s face fell and she giggled loudly, smiling insanely.

“Hallo!” She responding quickly, standing up, then put her pale hand out, “I’m Mary, but you…you can call me Mares.”

“Mary’s found someone she’s likes.” David grinned widely, and then suddenly put his hand on his stomach, “I’m hungry.”

“Food is over that way.” Another boy, with dirty blond hair commented. He had a hat on his head and thick-rimmed glasses. Aubrey opened her lips to say something, when David ripped her off the couch and dragged her to table of food.

“What did you do that for?” She whined gently. David giggled and stopped turning Aubrey so her back was to Mary.

“Because I wanted to eat with someone, and knowing Mary, she wouldn’t pay attention to us anyway, now that she’s got the attention of those two boys over there.” David said, pulling her to the table,

“Aubrey!” She turned around gently, and looked at who called her name. Suddenly, her lips were set into a smirk, and her hands were on her hips. Bill was in her line of vision and her heart felt like it went a bit quicker. Aubrey shook her head, and then looked at him with a blank face.

“Yes?” She muttered, gently, looking down at the worn carpet.

“Well, we’re about to go on soon, and I wanted to escort you all to G.A.” He said, smiling wider.

“We don’t need to be escorted. I’m sure we can find our way into the massive crowds without your help.” She said, turning to David, “C’mon, let’s go.” David looked up with his mouth full of something. Aubrey shook her head and fought back the urge to giggle.

“Vat? Ah vas…hungry!” David cried, swallowing his food at the last part. Aubrey rolled her eyes and turned to Mary, who was already walking in the direction of G.A. with the two new boys she met.

“If your apart of the band, why would you want to escort us out there? What about the screaming?” Aubrey asked gently. Tom’s deep throated laughter made her feel silly for asking the question.

“He get’s off of fans screaming.” Tom said, walking over to the other side of the room, following his band mates.

“And plus…”

“Plus what?” Bill questioned, gently, taking her by the hand, leading her. Aubrey opened her mouth to say something, but found that she couldn’t find the words, so her head slumped and she just followed behind him, “You act as though, I’m taking you to your death bed.”

“You kinda are.” David answered for her.

“I can talk for myself, thanks, David.” She barked at him. David smirked and nodded, walking ahead of them.

“Then start doing it.” Aubrey groaned and shook her head,

“It’s just; I can walk out into a concert myself you know. I’m not a child.” She said to her companion. He nodded and let go of her hand, smiling widely,

“Fine, but I will meet you all back stage okay, after the concert.” He said to her, his brown eyes shining. She gave him a short nod and walked out the door that everyone else did. Suddenly, Aubrey was yanked to the left of her, and pulled down a dark corridor

C’mon lets go!

“Wha?” She asked quietly,

Don’t get stage fright now, Bill.” The voice nearly growled at her,

“I’m not Bill.” She muttered, taking her arm back. Her golden eyes looked up at the man that took her by surprise; his cheeks were flushed gently and covered with a light five o’clock shadow. The man’s deep blue eyes looked over her and he gave a soft smile,

“I’m sorry, ma’m. The clothes threw me off. General Admission is right through that door.” He said nodding his dark head in the direction of the door. Aubrey turned around to look at it, and then heard another door open and slam. Her body shook gently, and she turned around to thank the man, but he had gone, as quickly as he came. She tucked her straightened hair behind an ear and walked to the mentioned door, her heart beat quickening as she could feel the vibrations of the women screaming.

“Maybe I did need an escort.” She muttered, closing her eyes. Her hand touched the knob of the door, turning it softly, and then pushing it out, to be met with screams. Her ears ached to be covered, to be back in silence, but her feet and her curiosity led her to the noise. Her golden eyes opened slowly, scanning the crowd for Mary and David, but finding everyone else but them. Aubrey sighed and turned around to the dark corridor again, but her ear twitched, hearing her name.

“Aubrey!” floated faintly above the roar of the crowd. She turned her head over her shoulder, looked out at the crowd, and spotted her two friends, a smile coming to her face. She walked out; trying to ignore the stares, she was receiving. “Aubrey!” Mary said, breathlessly.

“Hey, you two seem a little shoved against the railing here huh?” She asked. David groaned,

“I feel my spleen bursting as we speak.”

“Help me get in.” Aubrey said, putting one foot on top of the flimsy rail. David grabbed onto her gently and pulled her into the crowd of thousands, “So explain why General Admission is so great again?”

“Mosh pits,” The two friends said in unison.

“What are mosh pits?” The dark-skinned girl asked, completely confused. Mary opened her pink lips to answer her when the lights shut off.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to present, Tokio Hotel!” A deep voice said, and a riff of a guitar was heard, then the screams were numbing.

You get up
And somebody tells you
Where to go to
When you get there
Everybody's telling you
What to do


“Oh my god!” Mary screamed,

“That’s Bill!” David finished. Aubrey just stared in awe, her lips gapping open. Bill kept singing, but his eyes were searching, and once he found what he was looking for he smiled deeply, almost secretly.