Necktie.

you know, i wish

“I bet you’re gonna win,” Kris shouted, for what seemed like the millionth time that day, running his hands through his hair in front of the bathroom mirror. Adam reacted to this the way he usually did. He was in front of another mirror on top of a dresser that was inside their shared dressing room. He rolled his eyes at Kris’s remark, slipping a tie around his neck.

“You know, I wish you’d stop saying that,” Adam said pointedly as Kris stepped out of the bathroom to meet the taller man’s annoyed stare with his determined one. Adam turned away from him, facing the mirror, his fingers fiddling with the piece of silk cloth that went under and around the collar of his shirt.

“You know, I wish you’d stop denying it,” the younger man retorted in a mocking voice. He reached up to get a belt from one of the hooks on top of the dresser. Looking down, he lifted his red shirt slightly so he could slip the belt inside the holes on the sides of his pants. The movement made Adam’s eyes tear away from his reflection and to the bare skin from under his shirt, but only for a second.

He followed through with a small chuckle. “Sure,” he simply said in his non-committal voice that said, I’m not going to say it, but you know I’m thinking it. It was Kris’s turn to roll his eyes, so he did. He tightened his belt and went over to Adam, tapping his shoulder so he would turn around to face him. He gave Adam a knowing look before batting the older man’s hands away from the tie.

“I will throw a party when you finally learn how to do this properly,” he grumbled, which Adam laughed at. Adam’s spent countless of hours in front of a computer with a YouTube video on it about putting on a necktie, but he never really got the hang of it. Since the aid of a computer wasn't possible at the moment, he had to turn to Kris.

“You know, I wish you’d just teach me how to that,” he muttered under his breath, Adam’s eyes on Kris's hands before switch to his face that was distorted in concentration. As Kris fixed his tie, Adam went on to rolling his sleeves up to his elbows.

“You know, I wish you’d just learn it yourself,” Kris answered, finishing it off by putting it too tight around Adam’s neck, stopping his breath for a second. “You can, you just have to put your mind to it. And practice. I’m a bad teacher,” he added. He stepped back for a second to look at the older man’s attire. He quirked his eyebrow and shrugged, nodding a bit.

Adam, though, smiled brightly at him. “You look really nice,” he told him honestly.

“Very funny, Adam,” the younger man answered, turning away with a dry laugh. He walked over to the table to check on his phone, but he was smiling. Smiling at the fact that Adam thought that he looked really nice. “We should get a move on.”

Adam, on the other hand, never stopped smiling. “Okay,” he agreed before walking over to the door. He twisted the knob and pushed the door wide open. “Lead the way, Mr. Allen,” he said.

As Kris turned to look at Adam, he let his face drop to a serious one. “You shut your mouth,” he answered, walking to the older man. When Kris got to him, he took his wrist before pulling him out of the room.

“You’ll do great,” Adam whispered to him, leaning closer to him as they walked down the hallway.

Kris gave him a frustrated groan, “Shut up, Adam.”

“You know, I wish you’d stop denying it.” They both stopped walking, Adam placed both his hands on Kris’s shoulder, looking him in the eyes. He didn’t say anything, but Adam gave him a wink before pulling away, taking his place next to Matt. Kris was still looking at Adam, or maybe staring. He still had that stupid look on his face that said that told Adam that he should shut his mouth, but he was smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Kradam ever written by me.
Dedicated to my best friend, Mint. Because I love her.