Unfaithful Vows

Chapter 1

If you want to play it like a game
Well, come on, come on, let's play - Paramore

I sat on my seat sighing every now and then, staring out of the window seeing nothing but white – the clouds, wearing my famous leather jacket that my mum so wickedly hates. I’ve been trying to do something fun all the flight from New York to California. First I tried to catch the intentness of the white haired lady sitting next to me who was tied up reading a novel and sleeping every now and then. I might add the fact that I was right in the middle of the white haired lady I mentioned and a teddy bear-ish looking man who kept putting food in his mouth the whole flight. What?! Does eating decrease the terror of flying?! Who Knows.

There are loads of games one can play when being on a plane, right? One problem though, I was all by myself in the middle of two psychos. What’s the point on playing I spy or 20 questions by yourself? Let me tell you, there’s no point at all. I’ve tried every game known by men, from hangman to truth or dare. They must have thought I had just escaped from a mental hospital when seeing that.

Whatever…

Then my thoughts drifted again to the fact that my only childhood friend was going to get married. Put aside the thing that she’s only 20 years old, I think that it’s the most horrified thing I had ever heard her saying. I have so many evidence from experiences that she doesn’t even know how to care about herself, let alone she has to cook and clean for her lovingly husband. Nonsense.

The shocker is that she’s putting away all her life with the endless opportunities to get happily married with a Disney rock star – Joe Jonas to be exact. Yep you heard well, sorry to enrage million of girls but it’s the pure truth. Let’s put aside the Joe Jonas topic and let me expatiate on not wanting my friend to get married. I have known her since I was a nipper and now she has gotten her ass into his world – the world of fortune and fame … the one she used to despite so much.

You might ask what am I doing on a plane to go to California? Interesting question with a simple reason. Maid of Honor. Nothing is more derisory, but the poor girl pleaded me so much. I couldn’t say no, and then she would put up the question – What friends are for? Less talking, even better. I was never a Jonas Brothers fan, they’re just three brothers doing what the Mouse tell them to do. Such a sweethearts … Not.

I suppose I should explain something about me before I continue. I always had been the fish out of water back in New York. They used to say I was peculiar, I might add that I’m not like the typical 20 year old girls I’ve known. If you see me I seem pretty normal, I guess. I don’t drink, do any drugs or smoke [maybe a couple of times on the smoking thing but still not an excessive amount]. I never stole anything. I have nothing pierced, just my ears [only one on each earlobe]. I think I’m normal enough, right? But for people I’m a total alien coming from Mars. Maybe Jupiter. Whatever.

What I’m trying to say is that I’m not what people say I am … I just have my own ways and my own attitude.

The airhostess draw all my thoughts away when she grabbed her mike and began to talk, I think we were officially going to land. Whoopee. She was saying the usual speech of instructions like unbuckle your seatbelts or don’t get up until the plane lands and it continues. Boring… Like I haven’t heard them million times before? I unbuckled my seatbelt, fetched for my hand bag and dragged my ass out of the plane. For what it seemed like an hour, I finally caught a glimpse of my luggage. At least it didn’t got stolen or missing this time. Long Story.

Camille Sheppard, I read from a three years old looking girl’s paper accompanied by her family. I bet if this Camille girl would ever see it from where the girl was. Poor minds.

I scanned every person that I saw in front of me when, I felt a hard grip on my hand. I turned around and I was already going to punch the living organism, but I waited. For now. He stared at me. Actually I didn’t know if he was looking at me or not, since he was wearing dark sunglasses. He smiled at me and said, “Ready to go, querida?”

“Who on earth are you?” I snapped at him , removing some hair that was hiding half of my face.

“What do you mean?”

“What do you mean, you don’t know what I mean?” I asked angrily.

Fact : I wasn’t ready to beat this guy’s ass – at least, not yet. But I was close. I mean, what would you pretend? I just travelled a gazillion miles on a plane with a food machine guy and a lady who needed to dye her hair, in order to pass my time with three boys; and now THIS. Can you give me the blame for having … short patience?

“Look,” I said, tapping my foot on the ground with fury. “I don’t know who you are and I don’t want to know but if you don’t want me to bring out my pepper spray, I suggest you back off, amigo”

I was having the feeling that he was making fun of me. And I don’t appreciate people that make fun of me. I really don’t. Back in New York people used to make fun of me all the time and I couldn’t handle it. That was before I had learnt how effectively a punch on the face would shut the crap out of their mouth.

“Um, it’s Joe” he said under his breath, fixed in placed.

“What?!”

“You called me amigo and I thought it would be nice of me to tell you my name. It’s Joe” he said pulling out a dry smile. Totally making fun of me … why on earth would I want to know this freaky looking guy’s name? “What about you?”

“What about me, what?” I know I was being a total bitch and rude but I don’t care. I would care about having a nice sleep but definitely not this.

“What is your name, querida?” he giggled.

“First, stop calling me that in this unknown language and second why would you care?” I snapped at him.

“It’s in Spanish and I’m Joe as in Joe Jonas” he finally said and I felt the blood travelling to my cheeks and turned red by shame. Holy Jonas, I’m shameful.

“Oh, my names Remy” I said dryly.

“Okay, no more jokes now please. Just tell me your name?” he laughed with his brown eyes bright on me.

“It is my name smartass. Now would you just get me wherever I’m staying” I said leaving the suitcase to him. I caught a glimpse of him walking right beside me. No, this is so heavy look? I travelled my eyes down and saw nothing. “You didn’t get my suitcase?” I questioned.

“Why should I bring your suitcase, it’s yours right?” Is this the guy they used to call gentleman? I walked back and grabbed them myself.

“You should have seen your face earlier, it was such a scenario to be seen” He laughed over and over again by himself. What was so funny? I think he needed a slap on his little pretty face. And that’s what I did, I gave one to him.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaahhh!” he yelled travelling his hand to his right cheekbone, “Why did you do that?” he exclaimed. Such a whiney baby. Can you see a man in him? I don’t.

“Ha-ha. You should have seen your face, it was such a scenario to be seen” I mocked him and did my Rico laugh. The one which goes something like this – Muahahaha.

“You’re going to pay for this Remsy, or whatever your name is” he protested.

“What you going to do? Tell your mum?”

“Well that’s an option but you’ll see it soon” he said revealing his red cheek. Okay, I maybe feel a little bit guilty but he deserved it.

I’ll be ready for it, amigo

“If you weren’t my fiancé’s friend, I would never let you get into my precious car.” he said proud of himself.

“Just take me home, I’m exhausted” I yelled. “And maybe you could think of how you’re going to grow up on the way” I said and let out a laugh as he stared blankly at me. Come on, it was funny! Right?

Oh, I’m already loving California … Not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Chapter 1 .... and so the drama begins!

Hope you liked it =]

Nick and Kevin will appear soon, maybe in the next chapter.

However I don't promise you that I will update the next chapter soon, I have exams in a week and I still haven't grabbed a book in my hand. So, I'm gonna hit the books soon. Wish me luck and review.