I'm Not a Princess

Eleven

"Aaaaaaaaaaand here's your room," Dani [as she had asked to be called] grins, upon opening the door to the extra room, now to be Avery's.

Avery peaks in shyly, her eyes looking around.

The room is simple, with a metal frame around a mattress without sheets on it. A small bright orange bedstand beside it, with a metal framed bookcase, plus an old-fashioned mirror framed with wood. A small closet hung in the corner, the door open to reveal some hangers waiting to be used. A window with orange curtains sat next to the bed.

"So? What do you think?"

"Well..." Avery thinks. "It's nice."

"Yeah... oh! Right! Sheets!" Dani laughs and abruptly leaves.

Avery stands for a few minutes, wondering what she's supposed to do. Slowly she steps into the room, her eyes looking around. Mentally she can't help but to compare it to her other bedroom, at her home back...

No, she reminds herself. This is home now.

Never really had a chance... I had so many dreams about you and me... Happy endings, now I know... This ain't a fairy tale...

"Ta da!" Dani's cheerful voice inturrupts Avery's thoughts as she returns. Avery looks back at the older girl and finds that she's holding some pale yellow sheets and a large multicolored afghan. "Didn't look like you had any on you or with you," Dani winks. "And I had these as extras. They should fit the bed. So, just settle in and I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

"Oh," Avery looks at her in surprise, having forgotten that it was late. "Right. Well, thank you. For everything."

Dani chuckles. "No problem, glad I could help. I'm just keeping you here for the homemade meals," she winks. "Night, girl."

"Good night," Avery murmurs.

The next two years fell into an easy rhythm as Avery, over time, grew to forget her past and worked on developing her own future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyric pieces obviously from Taylor Swift's White Horse, though I took the last piece out of context, sorry readers.
9 subscribers! Pretty cool. Please subscribe.
Comment! Who do I do????? Gabe or Ryland???
-Making two years pass.... next will be a summary of sorts, of what went on, okay? In the chapter after, I want to introduce the guy... but I don't know who. WHO???!!!! [two years pass so that she's 20, and it won't seem so wrong that she's with an older person, oui....lol]