I'm Not a Princess

Sixteen

Breathing heavily, Avery gets help coming down and the girls all produce their perfected bows before strolling off stage, returning to the practice room. Avery motions to the band for a moment and follows her girls.

"Perfection as always!" She sings, entering the practice room. "You girls were so amazing! Everything was so sharp, so intense. Who thought they did good?" Everyone raises their hands eagerly. "Good!" Avery laughs.

"Now I have to go talk to the band. I hope that some of you are prepared to go through intense training and then going on tour. And I'm pretty sure most of your files said you would agree if asked, right?" The girls nod eagerly. "Good, good. Now I have to go talk. Stretch a little, why don't you?" She smirks and heads back out the door.

Climbing back on stage, she adjusts her sleeve that was falling down her shoulder, and she reties her shoes, sitting down in the center. "So you can all come on up," she offers, squinting because the lights are still on.

Moments later, they arrive and Avery stands back up, the shortest of them all.

"That was amazing!" The girl, Victoria gushes, her hands clasped together. "Are you their teacher or what?"

"Sort of," Avery fidgets under the attention, fiddling with her long brown hair. "Their normal instructor is unable to make it quite often, so I fill in. I know their routines, stretches, exercises, their files, and just about everything else an instructor should know. I'm just a fill in, really," she finishes with a shrug.

"And sexy," Gabe finishes. "Really," he adds, slightly mocking.

Avery eyes him weirdly but lets it go. "So I hope you all paid attention. How many girls were you looking for again?"

"A team of about thirteen," the shortest boy, Nate, says with a nod. "You had how many, twenty-one?"

"Twenty-four, actually. Though one was unable to make it. She usually takes the lead piece, and I was just filling in, actually..."

"Here," Ryland gives her a smooth smirk, handing her two piles of files. "The extra, and the girls," he adds, tapping each one as he fiddles with his sunglasses. "That should be well."

"Are you single?" The last boy, Alex, blurts.

Avery blinks as she takes the files, setting the extra pile down to look at those selected. "Um, no, I'm afraid not. Well, I am," Avery mutters, finding the right words. "But- but I don't date anymore."

"What? Why?" Ryland stares at her as if she's said the impossible.

"It's not fun. Heart breaking is overrated," she shrugs, peaking at the files and glad of their choices. Except... "There's only twelve files, here," she looks up, confused. "Are you still deciding, or...?"

"No, we picked thirteen girls," Nate's grin widens. Vicky snorts, looking away and grinning to herself.

Avery looks around at their expressions, the girl trying not too laugh as the boys smirk widely her way. Then finally it dawns on her and her eyes widen. "Ooh, no. No, no, no. I don't- I mean, I don't do that. I'm not... one of the files," she stammers.

"But you were the best on the floor," Gabe smirks, tapping her shoulder. "We want you the most."

Avery swallows, looking at their expressions, feeling somewhat crestfallen. They wanted her to go on tour with them? That was insane! And yet..... somewhat, she really wanted to see what it would be like, the experience...
♠ ♠ ♠
Changed layout. What do you think???

Aaaaaand BOOM!!! :D thoughts???