I'm Not a Princess

Two

*Nearly Two Months Later*

"Mommy?"

"What is it, hon?"

"What's wrong with Avery?"

"What do you mean, Michael?"

"I dunno, mommy. She's sad all the time." The eight-year-old boy shrugs on the stool, leaning on the counter as his mom continues making the cookies.

Mrs. Waters sighs and ruffles Michael's hair. "You know what, hon? I'm not too sure myself."

Michael nods, shrugs, and takes some cookie dough.

Avery steps back quietly into her room, her steps shaky and uncertain, her confidence gone. She's felt like this since... well, since that night.

Returning to her room, she carefully closes the door and locks it. Her eyes fall on her mirror and she winces at her image.

Avery had been the school's favorite girl. Except for some of the school's less spirited students, everyone else loved her. Avery was simply the girl who everyone was friends with, and it was hard to find a rumor about her, because they were squished so often by friends- and sometimes, when she was feeling hyper, by herself.

But now?

She'd quit every school activity she had plans on doing. She barely ate her meals and her wardrobe had changed to dull colors, very unlike the vibrant styles she had worn before.

The break-up had crushed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmmmmmmmmmm

well? Any decent? Please, let me know. And a guy. Gabe Saporta all right? So far, he's been suggested. Could try Ryland, mayhap, doesn't matter much to me. Choose :D