I'm Not a Princess

Twenty-Five

Before the song even ends, Avery slams her hand down, silencing the music. Staring at the player moodily, she tries to figure out her horrible attitude of the last three days. Horrible, however, may have been an understatement- all the girls were avoiding her unless it was time to dance.

Sighing, she finally lets her legs collapse and she's suddenly lying there on the hardwood floor, staring at the dimlights of the studio.

A door opens, signaling she is no longer alone. "Ave? Hey... are you okay?" Alex's happy voice pauses in concern, seeing her there on the floor. He strolls in a little more, shuffling with his sweatshirt. It's hot as crap in here. "It's past midnight."

"So?" She glances over at him and then back towards the player. Her heart pounds from the furious dance she was doing, the emotion that she had let out. Unable to control it, it just keeps taking her over. Swallowing her dry throat, she grudgingly sits up as Alex continues staring at her, confused. "What, Alex?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" He repeats. She probably shouldn't blame him, however. The entire tour, she's been polite, agreeable, helpful, and kind. Her bad attitude didn't let her care about this now, though, so she shrugs it off and nods. "O-kay, then..." he pauses, chewing on his lip. "Just letting you know we'll be heading out in the morning. Busses out by six, okay? We're headed to Georgia."

Her eyes widen in alarm, but he's already turned around and soon he's gone. Left alone, she slowly falls back onto the ground, ignoring the pounding in her head. Already her blood is on fire. "This can't..." she doesn't finish. And It's not just because she usually doesn't talk to herself, but because it doesn't matter anymore. Because now, it really is happening- and she doesn't have a choice.

She was going back home, whether she liked it or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still alive!
Just so you knew....heh....

short. i'll do another one