I'm Not a Princess

Three

*two months later*

Ding-dong.

The door opens, and Mrs. Waters sees her niece, Rachelle. "Well, hello, dear," she smiles. "And what are you up to?"

Rachelle shrugs, shifting her backpack. "Just to see Avery. She forgot to take her report card and Mr. Stevens asked me to bring it over. Here you go." And she hands the paper over. "Is she in her room?"

"Yes, yes," Mrs. Waters murmurs distractedly as she begins opening the monthly report card. "Go right on up, she's been there all day."

Rachelle pauses at the stairs. "Oh, mom wanted to remind you that with Christmas next week, she wants to do a family dinner. She said to call you."

"I'll get on that, thanks, dear," her aunt smiles and turns back to the kitchen, flipping over the report card.


Avery Waters

Chemistry F-
AP World History D-
Journalism D+
General P.E. F+
Pottery D-
Trigonometry F+


"Oh dear, dear, dear," Mrs. Waters murmurs. "What happened to her straight A's?" She glances up the stairs, concerned. She'd seen her daughter stay up for some nights, working on her essays and the like. How could her grades be so poor, now? Worried, she glances down to the notes.

'Ms. Waters no longer seems to be applying herself. She's lost all joy in learning....'

'Avery Waters has gone from my top prized student, to being very distracted and unsocial. Is everything all right at home?'

'Avery no longer seems to listen and is unable to focus on direction. She barely speaks in class and cannot complete anything.... turned in too many unfinished and badly designed essays....'

'Her talent for writing seems to have lowered in standard. Once she wrote wonderfully, being able to describe anything with artistry. However, her writings have lost their talent and have sunk in the mud; she can't seem to be cheerful...'


"Auntie?" Rachelle distracts her.

"What is it? Do you girls want something to eat? I made brownies," she offers.

Rachelle shakes her head, frowning. "N-no. But- she's not in her room, Aunt. I looked everywhere in the house and I called her cell phone, but she left it here. Avery disappeared."

And so she had.
♠ ♠ ♠
.......so. Where do you think she should have gone? Let me know your thoughts. :D please...