I'm Not a Princess

Six

Four hours.

Avery had been walking around L.A. for four hours.

She had two bags.

She had no home.

It was nearing eleven p.m. when these facts finally struck her- that, and she was walking around a big city alone without a place to go to.

Finally, she found a familiar sight.

Starbucks.

"I- I'll take a small caramel cappuccino, please. Non-fat, and a touch of whipped cream," she murmurs when its her turn at the counter.

The cashier girl nods and fixes the drink as Avery lays out the pay. They exchange, and trudging around with her two bags, she finds a seat near a window, and sits down with a heavy sigh.

"-This is ain't Hollywood, this is a small town.
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse,
to come around..."


Avery stiffles a groan and puts her head in her hands. "Tonight had better not get worse," she murmurs to herself.

Time passes and the song ends, along with the following songs afterwards.

It's a rule, customers cannot stay too long without having a purchase or the like, so Avery continues buying drinks now and then, unable to sleep but having no idea where to go now.

Eventually, though, Avery knows it's time to leave. She discards her coffee cups and taking a deep breath, steps outside of the shop and looks all around at the street before her. It's a four-way stop.

Four possible paths she could take.

Any could change her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

I'm on a roll! three in one night! lol

btw..... if the starbucks drink didn't sound right, sorry. i've never been inside one...heh

please comment? i dunno where to put her now. lol