I'm Not a Princess

Seven

Thank goodness it's not raining.

It's the only thing Avery can think of that's not that bad at the moment. Sighing, she glances around. She's lost in the city without a place to go. What to do now?

Perhaps a hotel?

Or just find a condo now, to save a little cash?

Sighing, she finds a newspaper sticking out of a trash can and leaning against a wall, she glues her eyes to it and begins reading.

Nothing interesting.

The comics don't amuse her either.

At last, the classifieds.

Roommates.

Perfect.

Avery begins searching for one. Hopefully clean, and hopefully with a girl. Not a fan of drinking or smoking. She's willing to help clean or anything, too. Just a comfortable place to stay. And one that doesn't cost too much.

Twenty minutes later, she's chosen one. A Miss Daniella Creek, 20, is looking for a female roommate who does not constantly drink or smoke, but allowed occasionally. Also willing to clean dishes and know how to cook at least five meals. The pay isn't too bad, and it will be less if the roommate is willing to clean more than her share. 578-586-8475

Her fingers shaking, Avery dials the number.

"Yo, yo, you've reached Dani-ella, and I have no idea who you are cause your number ain't familiar! Who would this be?"

Avery swallows. "Um, h-hi. You don't know me," she stammers. "B-but I saw your ad. F-for the paper? Is it taken?"

"The room?" The girl's voice asks casually. "Nope, not yet! You looking for one?"

"Y-yeah, I am."

"Coolness, when do y'all wanna check this out?"

"I-is tonight too soon?" Avery's cheeks flame out.

The voice laughs. "I like you already! And I'm up, so why not? I'm just off Corrine lane, near the WB building. An old brick building, fourth floor, sixth door on the left, number 86. The address is.... lemme think.... oh right! 17 Bridgestone. Think you can find that?"

Avery looks around. "I- I think so, maybe?"

The girl, Daniella, laughs. "Well that's good. Call back if there's any problems. Its LA and you're guaranteed to get lost sometime, no matter how long you've lived here. What's your name?"

"M-my name is A-Avery."

"Cool random name! I'll be seeing you soon, then, Avery, doll." She hangs up.

Avery stares at the phone and has a second thought, wondering why she's even here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Changed the layout. Do you like it?

What do you think? Is this story any good?

comment, please!