I'm Not a Princess

Eight

13.....15.....17!

Avery's heart skips a beat and she stops trotting along in the street. Breathless and not just because of moving quickly in the night, she stares upwards. It's a tall skinny building made of red brick, standing out slightly in the big city.

Biting her lip, she takes the three steps and tries to open the door. Locked.

That's when she notices the side wall, and her eyes track down the name of Creek, Daniella. Avery's cold fingers fumble from her cloak and she pushes the button.

"Yello?"

"H-hi," Avery manages. "I'm Avery, and it's locked..."

"Say no more!" Daniella giggles and there's a large clanging sound as the door unlocks. "Come on up!" She adds.

Avery nods as though Daniella can see, and steps through. There's a rush of warm air and she sighs in relief, closing her eyes for a moment at the comfort. Opening her eyes, she recalls she's being waited for.

Fourth floor, sixth door on left, number 86.

There's no elevator, and she takes the winding staircase upwards, absently counting the steps as she walks. And then finally, she reaches the fourth floor, and begins walking, counting the doors.

80....82....84....86.

Taking a deep breath, Avery knocks on the door with a firm rap.

There's a slight crash from the other side. "Give me a sec!" Screams the familiar voice from the voice pad and cell phone. "Coming!!"

Shifting feet, Avery nervously glances around and clings tightly to her two bags.

And the door swings open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seven Subscribers.... recruit!!! lol.
Thoughts on new layout, hmmmm?

AND I couldn't decide about the two apartment buildings. Which one, do you think? Cause if the stairs, I might work something in them. Or something. I'm not sure. So please let me know your thoughts, okay?? thanks! :D