A Harlot For Me

Not Personal.

“So, where did you move here from?” Brian asked me from across the kitchen table.

I paused. “….uh..Europe?” I said almost questioningly. But Brian thought it was a joke and laughed.

“Yeah, I get it.” He said and walked to the stove where it smelled like cooking flesh and pulled the skillet from the stove and set it down in front of me with a plate and fork. “I know you don’t really want to tell me anything personal yet, but, hey, what do you like with your eggs?”

What? Is that what that yellow stuff is?

“I don’t really know either.” I told him, confused. I had never eaten human food before.

“Really? You’re kidding me, right?” He asked and looked at my expression. “Alrighty then. I guess you’re not joking. What do they feed you in Europe?”

I laughed. “I guess I’ve missed out.”

He snorted. “That’s an understatement. Try it.” I forked some of the yellow fluffy stuff onto my plate.

I stuck some of it into my mouth and slowly chewed it. It had a sort of strange texture, but…. it was good.

I hurriedly stuffed more into my desireful mouth as soon as I swallowed.

“So, Nevaeh, do you have any clothes with you?” Brian asked and began eating his food like my hurried eating was so surprise to him.

I paused through my rampage. “I… left unexpectedly, and I didn’t really have anything with me when I got here.” I told him truthfully. Demons usually lie, but my type didn’t usually. We were especially made to be warriors, and I thought I was done with my term.

I sighed when I finished off what was left of the eggs in the skillet.

“You can go and take a shower and I’ll clean this up, and when you’re done we’ll hit the stores.” He told me. “Do you have money with you?”

“Of course. I still have those types of connections.” I said and chuckled.

He smiled and I got up and turned towards the staircase and started up the carpeted steps. I opened the door to the bathroom off of the hallway. Wasn’t this oddly familiar?

Brian’s POV

She was different. But so damn familiar. And every time I felt like it was right there for me to figure out through my memory, I’d look at her and it would all melt away.

It was also weird how she just wouldn’t tell me where she was from, or anything personal about herself. But she seemed like the secretive type. So there shouldn’t much surprise here.

I rinsed out the soapy suds in the black skillet and put it on the drying rack. I heard the water cut off upstairs and I expected her down in maybe ten more minutes.

She was very unexpected.

I turned to put the dried plates away and I saw her descending down the stairs. She was wearing just the lacy bra and the tight leather jeans. Her hair was still wet and shining in glittering waves down to her waist in the lights of the kitchen.

When she caught me staring she looked down and her green emerald tattoo on her cheek brightened. “Are you ready?” She asked the floor coolly.

Her voice said that she was calm and unaltered, but her body language was greatly throwing her off.

“Yeah, sure. I just gotta get a hold of the rest of the guys in the band so we can throw you in with our other three dancers and see how you collaborate.”

“That sounds.. amusing.” She said and looked out the windows of the kitchen.

“Let’s go.” I told her and we got in the car and started going down the street that went in the general direction of the mall.

“Yep.”

“Nope.”

“The mall.”

“Shopping, duh.” I told Matt who was on other end of the line gripping at me because I was late to The Corner to show off Neveah’s dance moves.

“We’ll be there in a little bit, just hold on…”

Nevaeh then walked out of the store she was buying clothes in with the money that seemed so conveniently as her fingertips.

She looked beautiful. She was wearing black jeans and a white long sleeve shirt that had buckles everywhere.

“Ready to go?” she asked me.

“Brain, Brian!” Matt shouted at the through the phone.

“Huh? Hey.” I said to him. “We’re on our way their. Hold your horses.” I told him and hung up.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I told her and picked up the majority of the shopping bags. I had no idea what most of it was. She didn’t come out wearing every outfit to show off for me. She just tried it on and bought it. Like she was made out of money.

We climbed into my black sports car and drove downtown to get to The Corner. Inside was more girls that came for the second auditions. The other three we had chosen, and Neveah.

Neveah sat there beside me and the guys looking like the world’s most infamous movie star. She seemed to fit right in with the guys and me.

The auditions went surpisingly well. Today we managed to get four more dancers and we let them practice with Nevaeh, who as was expected, millions of times better at dancing than the rest.

It wasn’t until much later that night that something weird happened to us.

We decided to walk down the street to eat at this hotdog stand that the others normally eat at at lunch, but it was quite a ways down the road. And this wasn’t the best part of town. We were walking back down the street from eating to get my car and head home.

Then, suddenly, Nevaeh was gone.

I turned, because she was speaking to me and had suddenly gone silent in mid-sentence, she stood there wide eyed and black clawed hands clenching, and her tattoo on her cheek sparked wildy. Then there was a burst of flame, and she disappeared behind it.

I stood there, not believing what I had saw then, I remember falling to my knees. Then cold, dirty concrete rubbed roughly on my cheek. Everything went hazy and I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was pretty boring to me.
but i promise the next one will be better.
:)