Dangerous To Know

Chapter - 18 - Luna

The gym was cold and dark; an empty jail of which I had been thrown into. My body was completely weak and damaged, as though the entire life had been taken out of it, and my mind was the only part of me that was working even at the slow rate that it was. I looked down at my arms and grimaced at my wounds that had been reopened. How could I have done that to myself? Tear myself apart as though I were an old piece of fabric? I banged my head against the hard, blue mat that hung on the wall behind me. A moment later I fell asleep.

*. * . * . * . *

The doors to the gym opened and shut with a great clank. Footsteps squeaked against the freshly polished gym floor, and suddenly sped up until they were right in front of me. The next thing I felt were two hands grabbing my shoulders with great care.

“Hello? Are you okay?” they began to shake me lightly and I groggily opened my eyes. The person standing in front of me was a boy who looked vaguely familiar, but not a boy of who I knew personally. I looked down at my wrists to see if my cuts were still there or if this had all been one entirely long, dreadful dream, but unfortunately they were still boldly standing out against my pale, blood deprived skin.

“I’m not sure…” I could not come up with the mind to say anything else; that I was aching with so much tremendous pain that I could barely function, and that the main cause of it was that I could feel what my twin was going through. No, I would just not be able to tell this stranger all of my troubles.

He grabbed my hands and studied my cuts.

“What has happened?” I could barely meet his eyes, or make out my image of him; my vision had become blurry and I had begun to see double. My lungs seemed to have stopped working properly as well, I could hardly breathe. The boy set my wrists lightly to my sides. “You are bleeding so tremendously! How long have you been bleeding? I need to call for an ambulance.”

I looked around the gym and suddenly reality began to hit me.

“Why aren’t you in class?” he seemed stunned that I had begun to speak somewhat regularly. Automatically he set aside the cell phone that he had just pulled out of his pocket.

“I was sent to the gym to put Coach Thompson’s mail on his desk, he never picks it up. How did you get in here?” his face went from friendly then back to completely serious. He pressed his hand to my cheek and began rubbing my face. The feeling felt wonderful, but if I had not been completely fogged over I would have accused him of being fresh.

But unfortunately I did not have time to answer his question before he saw. My legs were still pulled up to my chest for one very good reason, I was bleeding in the lower area of my body and I knew it was from Lucas’s rape. The boy tried to lower my legs slightly so he would be able to see my wound, but as he did I screamed of pain. My body was entirely locked in this position, any movement increased the pain.

“Oh my lord…” he was speechless. “We have to get you help.”

At this, all I could think of was what pain it would cause Belle to see me in the hospital like this, and to find out that I had been raped. I wouldn’t be able to hide that Lucas had raped me, and she would find out and…

I could just not think of what would happen. She loved Lucas with all of her heart, and although I knew he was terrible to her and would only suffocate her in the end, I had to accept that he was the owner of her heart, and if that were true, I would never be able to tell her the truth.

The boy had already begun to dial 911 when I began to scream.

“No, please don’t call! Just leave me here, my sister cannot go through anymore pain…” he looked very confused, but never shut his phone. A moment later he told the police of the situation and had an ambulance on the way. After he hung up he stroked my cheek again.

“Don’t worry, we will get everything taken care of, and we will have you cleaned up and repaired. I cannot just leave you here.”

Suddenly, through my grogginess, I became very attracted to him. Something deep inside of me seemed to be opened and love began to pour out. It were as though he already seemed to own a part of me.

“What is your name?” I managed to say through my shortened breath. He never stopped stroking my cheek.

“My name is Cody Jasper,” a cute, sorrowful smile spread half heartedly across his face. I smiled, and then closed my eyes as he carefully picked me up and carried me into the hallway to face the people who would never stop talking about what they were about to see.