Backstage

Chapter 19

You’d think that those two girls would be the only ones that had the guts to come up and ask for an autograph. Oh no. Eleven more people came up asking for autographs. It was kind of crazy. The boys weren’t as bad as the girls. There was one boy, about 12 years old, who looked like he was afraid to look any of them in the eye. He stood there the whole time looking down at his shoes, telling all of them how much he looked up to them and how he had been a fan for only a few years but still loved their music. Billie, Mike and Tre were happy to give him an autograph.

But when the fans were crazy, they were crazy.

Three girls who looked like they were about 14 years old came up to Billie and told him how much they loved him and his songs. When Billie asked them how many years they had been fans, they looked at him blankly. The blonde one in front actually said:
“You’ve been playing longer than a year?” Billie looked as if he was going to strangle them. Adrienne elbowed him in the side.
"Be nice," she hissed. Billie swallowed his hate but still refused to smile. He snatched the “frickin’ napkin” as he put it and scrawled his signature.
“Do you want Tre and Mike to sign it?” he mumbled angrily before he gave the napkin back. The three girls looked at the other guys blankly.
“Umm, o-ok…” the blonde one said. While Billie passed the napkin over to Tre, the girls turned to each other and, clearly audible, asked, “Who are those guys?”

When they walked away, Billie Mike and Tre were fuming. Billie was mumbling something about crazed fans while Mike and Tre stabbed at their food.
An hour passed with no more fans and no more interruptions. They all sat at the table talking to one another. Sami looked across the table and saw Joey and Kaylee both blushing with Kaylee giggling to herself. Sami wondered what they were blushing for. She took a quick peak unter the table and saw Joey holding Kaylee’s hand.
‘Aww, how cute, Sami thought. She nudged Adrienne. When she looked over, Sami pointed underneath the table. Adrienne gave a confused look. “Look under the table at your son,” Sami said, trying hard to suppress a laugh. Adrienne looked under the table and started laughing.
“Awww, young love,” she said. Billie noticed the laughing.
“What is so funny?” he asked them. Adrienne told him to look under the table. “And is there a reason for me to do this?” he asked very confused. Adrienne nodded. Billie shrugged and looked under the table. When he came up, he wasn’t happy at all.
“What’s wrong?” Sami asked him and Adrienne continued to laugh.
“Now we have to give him ‘The Talk,’” Billie said.
“You have to do it,” Adrienne said with a smile.
“HELL NO!” Billie said. His eyes were wide as if doing it was like a death sentence.
"Billie Joe Armstrong he is your son too! We made a promise that if it was a boy, you’d tell him and if we had a girl, I’d tell her. Well congratulations, it’s a boy!” Adrienne said placing her hands on her hips. Billie sighed.
“Alright, alright…I’ll do it tomorrow.”

A few minutes later, they all left the little restaurant. They stood outside saying their good byes to one another.
“Bye, Joey,” Kaylee giggled as the Armstrongs walked away. Joey blushed bright red.
“Bye,” he mumbled, looking down at his toes. Adrienne smiled while Billie groaned.
“BYE, JAKOB!” Scott yelled across the parking lot, as he held onto Sami's hand.
“BYE, SCOTT!” Jakob yelled back. Sami smiled as she opened up her car door. Scott climbed inside.
“Did you have fun with Jakob today, honey?” she asked. Scott nodded and yawned. “Tired?” she asked. He nodded again.
On the drive home, Scott fell asleep. Sami picked him up out of the car and carried him inside. As she walked in the house, she was happy. She had never happy at night. She always felt so alone. But as she held Scott in her arms and remembered the dinner, she knew that she was never alone.