Backstage

Chapter 2

"Sooo..." Billie said, trying to make conversation. He scratched the back of his head and looked around the room, trying desperately to think of something to talk about. "You guys sounded really good, at least I thought so." Sami nodded. She always had trouble talking to cute guys and this one was up there on te chart. She began to blush just thinking about him. She ran her fingers through her pink streaked auburn hair. 'Ok, this is getting weird,' Billie thought.

"Hey!" Billie said out loud, an idea had struck him. He grabbed onto Sami's arm. "Come on." Sami, not even thinking, was soon being led down the hallway by Billie. She watched as he stopped at every door and looked through the small window. Finally, he came to a complete stop. Billie looked over at Sami and pressed a finger to his lips signaling for her to be quiet. He crouched on the ground and Sami followed, confused by every movement he was making. Billie opened up the door just a crack so he could look in. He signaled for Sami to scoot closer to take a look. Sami followed and was pressed up against Billie to look through the door. Billie couldn't help himself. He began to smile as Sami pressed up against him.

Inside the room, Tre and Nikky both stood. Nikky's face was red and Tre was fiddling nervously with his drum sticks. Sami tried to suppress a giggle. It was obvious that they had just kissed. The two had probably been caught up in the moment while Nikky, being only 16 year old, had decided 'Hey, older guy. Pretty hot. I'll make out with him.' The plan, to say the least, didn't seem to have back fired. Billie must have caught on too for he began to laugh silently. As they laughed together Billie and Sami couldn't keep their laughs silent anymore. It was barely audible, but soon Tre heard something and went over to the door. Billie and Sami got away just in time for Tre to see them running down the hall, hand in hand, still laughing.
“Billie! I swear to God I’m gonna kill you!” Tre yelled down at them. Billie just laughed harder. He kept his hand clamped around Sami’s arm so as not to lose her.

When they couldn't hear Tre anymore, they stopped running. They sat down against the wall to catch their breath.
"That was really fun," Sami said.
"Hey! She can talk!" Billie teased.
"Well, I'm a quiet person," Sami defended still smiling.
"And you are the lead singer for a rock band? That’s intimidating," Billie laughed.
"Shut up!" Sami laughed as she punched Billie in the arm.
They sat in silence for a few seconds.
"I wonder what Mike and Katie are doing," Billie broke the silence. They exchanged glances and grinned evilly. Billie grabbed Sami and pulled her up. "Since we have nothing better to do..."
They took off together down random hallways peeking through windows and around corners. After a while, they weren't even looking for their bassists anymore. They were just messing around. Billie was pulling off James Bond moves, holding his hand like a gun and pressing his body up against the walls. Sami would laugh as he rolled from one wall to the next. Once, Billie rolled across the wall, lost control of where he was going and ended up slamming hard against the wall. Sami lost it and began cracking up.

"Hey, that hurt!" Billie said rubbing his head. He sat up and sat against the wall. Sami walked up and sat down next to him. They laughed together.

Billie moved a little bit closer to her while she was laughing and put his hand on hers. Sami, usually a panic-riden mess in these cases, was calm and moved closer to him too.

"Here, where does it hurt?" she asked Billie. He pointed to his forehead making a puppy dog pout face. Sami giggled and kissed the spot where he pointed to. Billie moved his finger down to his nose. She leaned in and kissed it.
He pointed to his lip...
Sami giggled again.
“You little cheater,” she laughed. Billie smiled.
“It hurts,” he wimpered. They both leaned in. Just before they're lips were about to touch...
"Billie? Where are you?"
Billie hung his head for a second and then slowly pulled away.
"We'd better go. It sound like Mike needs me," Billie said. Sami nodded and pulled away too. Billie helped her up and they walked hand in hand back down the hallway.