Backstage

Chapter 20

*DING DING DING DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING DONG*

“GOD! BILLIE I SAID I WAS COMING! KEEP YOUR PANTS ON! Jesus!” Sami said as she ran to the door. Katie sat on the couch laughing. Kaylee and Scott were upstairs waiting for Joey and Jakob to come. Sami opened up the door and saw Billie, Adrienne, Joey and Jakob.

“Hi guys!” Sami said.

“Hey!” Adrienne said. She gave Sami a hug.

“Kaylee and Scott are upstairs,” Sami told Joey and Jakob. They both smiled and ran upstairs. Sami laughed. “Come in guys,” she said as she stepped aside to let both of them in.

“Hola!” Katie said from the couch.

“Hey Katie,” Adrienne and Billie said in unison.

“Where's Nikky on this wonderful night?” Adrienne asked.

"She and John are going out tonight,” Sami said. Adrienne nodded.

“Hey, yeah, today was the day where everyone’s supposed to come over, isn’t it?” Katie asked.

“Yeah. Where are Tre and Mike?” Sami asked.

“Tre’s going out with that girl he asked out last week,” Billie said. “And Mike is taking his girlfriend out to a fancy dinner.”

“LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!” Katie yelled.

“I like the way you think, Katie!” Billie said as he dove onto the couch and sat down next to her. Adrienne and Sami laughed at the both of them.

Basically, their party consisted of lights out, popcorn and ‘Saw,’ followed by ‘Austin Powers 2,’ just so they could laugh and stop thinking of the clown on the tricycle. About halfway through the movie, Billie turned away from the TV with a puzzled look on his face. He was staring at the window.

“What’s up Billie?” Sami asked. Billie pressed his finger to his lips and turned off the TV. Now everyone was looking at him.

“I heard something. Listen.” Adrienne rolled her eyes.

“Billie, the crazed clown is not coming to make us kill ourselves.” Billie shook his head.

“No, not that. I'm serious. It’s a motor. A car motor.” Everyone started to listen. Sami nodded.

“Yeah? So…” she asked. Just then, the phone rang. Sami jumped up to get it. Billie walked over to the window.

“Hello?” Sami said into the receiver.

“Um, Mrs. Douglas?” the voice said.

“Yes,” Sami said. The person sounded scared.

“Umm, this is Chief Daniels. From the police station?” Sami was beginning to become frightened. She looked over at Billie who was starting to look as if he was going to have a panic attack.

“Y-Yes?” Sami asked.

“Well…your husband? He kind of…snuck out during visiting hours. He hijacked a car and took off. He had one of his inmates help him by stealing clothes…and his keys to your house.” Sami’s eyes grew wide.

“He’s here…” Sami heard Billie say.

“Oh my God…s-send everyone over here. My friend says that he just came into the drive way,” Sami said, her voice shaking.

“We’ll be right over,” Daniels said.

Sami slammed the phone down and ran over to Katie. “He got out…H-He got out!” Sami started to shake. She watched as Adrienne ran upstairs.

“W-Where…?” Sami tried to ask.

“She getting the kids,” Billie said from the window. “Yeah, that’s him…” Billie whispered to himself. “Lock all of the doors,” he said to Katie and Sami. They both nodded and ran around the house locking every door that led outside. Billie ran over to the front door and locked it…not seeing the bolt.

Billie turned around and saw Katie and Sami standing on the bottom step of the stairs. Billie ran over to them. “Its ok…Its ok we’re safe,” he said as he held Sami in his arms. Adrienne appeared at the top of the stairs.

“The kids are all locked in Scott’s room, they’re all safe,” she called as softly as she could. Sami nodded and then buried her head into Billie’s chest. She could feel Katie rubbing her back. “Guys, up here,” Adrienne called.

“Come on,” Katie said tugging on her shirt. Sami nodded and began walking upstairs with Katie until she realized that Billie wasn’t following them.

“You go up. I’ll be there in a minute,” Sami said. Katie looked worried but nodded. Sami walked over to Billie. He looked up at her for a second and then back at the door.

They both stood there as they heard Max walking to the door. They heard him take out his keys until Sami remembered…

“Billie?” she whispered. Billie looked over at her. “You bolted it…right?” she asked, her voice scared. Billie’s eyes grew wide as he turned to the door which was starting to open.