Backstage

Chapter 24

Sami pulled into the Armstrong’s driveway. She saw Adrienne, Nikky, Katie and Kaylee all standing there. Scott was already unbuckling himself when the pulled in. When Sami stopped the car, he jumped out and ran inside screaming, “Jakob!” Sami smiled and got out of the car.

“Hey!” Nikky said from the doorway.

“Hola!” Sami joked.

“Ready to go?” Adrienne asked. They all nodded. “Ok, I’ll get the boys,” she said.

“Joey, Jakob, Scott. Come on, we’re leaving.” There were thunderous footsteps as the boys ran down the stairs. But there was one boy Nikky, Katie or Sami hadn't seen before.

"Frankie!" Adrienne called.

The little boy stopped and turned towards Adrienne. He pointed to himself. Adrienne laughed and nodded. Frankie walked over to Adrienne and stopped. He was a boy who looked to be about five. He had light brown almost dirty blonde hair that was pushed up into a faux-hawk.

"Am I in trouble? C-Cuz I only ran down the stairs cuz Jakob and Joey and Scott did too. I didn't know!" Frankie babbled. Adie laughed.

"Fankie you're not in trouble. I just wanted to introduce you to some friends," she said. Frankie let his breath go and smiled happily.

"Ok."

Adrienne turned to the three girls with her hand placed on Frankie's shoulder.

"Nikky, Sami, Katie; this is Frankito, Tre's son," Adrienne introduced. "Frankito, this is Nikky, Sami and Katie," she continued as she pointed them out. The small boy smiled and stuck out his hand.

"Hi!" he said, smiling wide. Adrienne leaned closer to the girls.

"He inherited son of Tre's...er...'attraction to women' genes," she whispered. The three girls laughed and each took turns shaking Frankito's hand.

"Well aren't you a cutie," Nikky cooed and she leaned down to his level and scooped him up in a hug. Frankito giggled and hugged her back. Nikky and Katie smiled. They both knew how badly Nikky wanted a kid. But John never agreed. He didn't like kids too much. "How old are you?" Nikky asked Frankito. He blushed and held up four puggy fingers. Nikky smiled and hugged him again. Frankito was in heaven.

“Ok so is the taxi picking us up?” Sami asked.

“Yup. Two taxi’s because of the number of people. And it’s all on the guys, you guys don’t pay. NO!” Adrienne said before they could protest.

“Alright. I feel bad making them pay for it all though,” Nikky said as she let Frankito run over to Scott and Jakob. Adrienne laughed.

“Believe me, they can afford it.” Two taxis’s pulled up. “Nikky you can come with me and Frankito. Sami, Katie, Kaylee and Scott can go together,” Adrienne said taking charge. The girls saluted.

“Aye Aye captain!”

*3 hours later in L.A.*

“God, why they try to tackle me I have no idea,” Adrienne said. There was a group of thirteen year old girls at the airport that had recognized Adrienne and Billie Joe’s wife and had bombarded her with questions and autographs.

“Always hated airports,” Sami said with a scowl. She, Nikky and Katie had been recognized too, for their last album was pretty big after they changed their name to Whiplash. Nikky was holding the sleeping Frankito, making Nikky, Sami and Adie smile.

“Hey, aren’t you that guitar player form that all girl band?” someone said. Sami turned around. It was a kid that looked like he was about eighteen years old.

“Uhh, maybe,” Sami said.

“Yeah you are, maybe you and me could go out sometime?” he asked with a smug look on his face. Sami cocked an eye brow.

“I don’t think so,” she said trying to walk away. She turned and saw Adie, Katie and Nikky all looking for the guys, who were supposed to be picking them up and the kids sitting on the bags, waiting. She felt a hand on her shoulder.

“What do you mean ‘I don’t think so’?” he asked angrily.

“It means ‘No’” someone said behind her. Sami turned and saw Billie standing there.

“Oh…s-sorry,” the boy said and he turned and walked away.

“Creep,” Sami said to the boy as he walked away.

“Thanks Billie,” she said giving him a hug.

“No problem. I’m always saving your butt, I’m used to it by now,” he said hugging her back. “Come on, let’s go get you guy to the hotel,” he said and lead her to the group.

*In the Hotel*

“Holy freaking crap,” Nikky said when she walking into the room.

“This…is beyond huge,” Katie said as she walked around the room.

“There are three rooms, each one has two beds. So Scott and Sami can sleep in the same room. Or Jakob can come over and Scott and him can sleep in the same room and Sami can sleep with me,” Billie said with a smile.

“Ha ha not funny,” Sami said.

“Yeah Billie, not funny!” Adie said as she stood in the door way.

“God! No one can take a joke here! You guys make me feel so bad that I’m gonna go in a dark corner and cry,” he said hanging his head and pouting.

“Oh please, you can't be emo,” Adrienne said giving him a hug. Billie laughed.

“True."

"Adie, are Jakob and Frankie in your room?” Scott asked.

“Yeah he’s one door down to the left,” Adrienne said. Scott looked at his hands, trying to determine right from left.

“Ok!” he said excitedly as he headed out the door and went to the right.

“Other way honey,” Sami said with a laugh.

“Ok!” he said heading the other way.

“Ok so Sami, Nikky and I are staying in this room. You, Billie, Jakob and Joey are staying in the room to the left and Tre, Frankito and Mike are staying to the room on the right. Right?” Katie asked.

“Yeah, except sometimes I might stay in the room to the right…Can’t break up the band sometimes.” Billie said as he kissed Adrienne on the cheek.

----

“Hey Sami?” Nikky asked as she walked into the main room.

“Hmm,” Sami mumbled.

“Why are we staying here so long?” she asked as she sat down on the couch next to Sami.

“Well, tomorrow we’re taking the kids to Disney Land…and then I guess we just spend time with the guys. Why?” Sami asked taking a sip of her root beer.

“Well, they guys have a show here in three days…and they told us to bring our stuff…remember?” Nikky said biting her lip. Sami looked at her.

“You…You don’t think that they want us too…” Sami trailed off.

“BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG!” Sami yelled at the top of her lungs.
With that, she took off.