Backstage

Chapter 26

“GOD ALMIGHTY! THERE IS NOTHING TO DO!” Billie complained. Sami laughed at him.

“Don’t worry Billie, tomorrow we take the kids to Disney Land, which means you can finally beat up Mickey Mouse.” Billie wiped a fake tear away.

“Finally, my dreams will come true.”

WHACK

A pillow flew across the room and smacked Billie in the face.

“MIKE!” he yelled as he pulled it off his face. Mike was laughing at him.

“Michael…” Billie teased.

“Don’t Bill,” Mike pleaded.

“Ryan…” Billie stretched the word out.

“I’m warning you Billie!” Mike said holding another pillow up threateningly.

“Pritchard.” Billie finished. Katie started to laugh.

“Pritchard! HA!” she squealed Mike blushed.

“Shut up,” he said under his breath.

“I DID IT!” Tre screamed from the couch.

“Did what?” Sami asked.

“He blew a bubble off of his tongue. Good job Tre!” Nikky said as he gave him a high five. Everyone stared at them for a few seconds, then broke out laughing.

“What a way to spend a Thursday night,” Billie said laying on the floor.

“Oh yeah, this is my kind of party!” someone yelled from the door way.

“Adie I blew a spit bubble! Be proud!” Tre yelled from the couch. Adie stood in the door way and started to laugh.

“A spit bubble?” she asked before she started laughing again. Tre smiled.

“Hell yeah,” he said settling back against the couch and closing his eyes.

“Aww, is the party over?” Adie asked as she sat down next to Billie.

“If Tre’s tired, that’s a definite yes,” Billie said taking her in his arms.

“Tired, that’s all…” Tre mumbled as he snuggled back against the couch.

“Well it’s midnight and the kids are all asleep and excited about tomorrow,” Adie said. Mike rubbing him knuckles menacingly.

“Ah yes, tomorrow, the day Mickey Mouse meets his doom.”

Disney Land

“Whoa!” Jakob said as everyone walked inside the gates.

“Whoa is right…I thought Disney Land was for little kids. Why are there so many teenagers here?” Billie hissed to Mike.

“Not just teenagers, GIRL teenagers,” Tre said as he put his sun glasses on. Mike and Billie quickly followed. Mike slammed a baseball cap on Billie’s head.

“What’s that for?” Billie asked, adjusting the cap before putting it on again.

“You are the one that attracts then so in order to keep me and Tre safe, we must keep you hidden,” Mike said. Billie stared at Mike for a second, then shrugged his shoulders.

“Makes sense.”

“Dad, why are you wearing a Green Day hat?” Joey asked Billie.

“What?” Billie said as he pulled the cap off his head. He looked at the front. The words GREEN DAY were sewn in bright green. Billie sighed. “Nice cover Mikey,” he said jamming it back on his head.

“Sorry, it’s all we had,” he responded walking with everyone as they led the kids around.

It was remarkable that no one noticed them, but its also remarkable how much privacy baseball caps and sunglasses can give a person. But, all good things must come to an end.

Mike and his clumsiness.

A girl that was walking around, in a Green Day hoodie, accidentally ran into Mike.

“Sorry,” Mike said, stopping to pick up a ticket the girl had dropped, thus causing his sunglasses to fall of.

“Oh, it’s alright,” she said as he bent down to pick up his sunglasses, just as Mike looked up to pick them up himself.

“Mike, don’t!” Tre said as softly as he could. But it was too late.

“Oh…my…GOD!” she yelled. Mike clamped his hand over her mouth.

“Please…please don’t yell our name. Please!” Mike pleaded. She nodded slowly. Mike sighed and pulled his hand away. She was still nodding, awe struck at seeing them. The girls and the kids were all on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Billie, Mike and Tre were just waiting. Billie swore softly under his breath as Mike stood up. “Hey, what do you know…she’s even wearing one of our sweat shirts,” Mike said with a laugh…loud enough for another group of girls to hear. A whisper started between the crowd.

“She’s wearing a Green Day shirt…does that mean…?”
“No, no…they can’t be…wait…don’t they have kids? Then it could be…”
“OH MY GOD IT TRE COOL!” The guys all turned towards the crowd, who were starting to run to them.

“DAMN IT!” Billie yelled as they started to run away.

“CURSE MTV AND ALL THAT WATCH IT!” Tre yelled as the all found their way behind a roped off area. They sat down panting.

“Well…at least we went three hours with out that happening,” Mike said with a weak smile. Tre and Billie stared daggers at him but continued to pant.

After a few minutes of waiting for the crowd to loose interest and give up, the three of them moved out of the hiding spot and walked over to the ride to wait for everyone to come back. They were already there waiting for the guys. For a few seconds the girls just stared at them. They didn’t realize how bad they looked. Mike’s sunglasses were cracked, Tre’s T-shirt was torn and Billie had lost his hat, his hair was a mess and he had lip gloss on his cheek from the fan that had caught up to him.

“Uh…anything…unusual happen while we were gone?” Sami asked them.

“Oh no. Nothing unusual…we’re used to it by now,” Tre said taking a look at his ripped shirt. Billie wiped away the gloss quickly before the kids saw.

“We can’t leave you guys alone for ten minutes with out you getting in trouble, can we?” Nikky asked. The guys shrugged together.

“Let’s go Daddy,” Jakob said tugging on Billie’s sleeve.

“Ok buddy,” he said letting him lead the way.

“THERE THEY ARE!” someone screamed in the distance.

“Oh boy,” they said in unison.

This time they stood their ground.