Backstage

Chapter 3

"Oh my God!" Nikky squealed. They had jut finished their opening and now Billie, Mike and Tre were onstage playing a song called "Dry Ice." Sami wasn't paying any attention to Nikky. She was looking through the doorway onto the stage as Billie played his guitar and sang. As she watched, Nikky and Katie were talking about Mike and Tre.

"He is SO nice!" Katie said talking about Mike.

"Yeah I know, Tre is awesome and a pretty good kisser!" Nikky said as she grinned. "And little miss peeker and her lover were spying on us!" Nikky said to Sami.

"Huh?" Sami said, snapping back to reality.

"You and Billie were spying on us!" Nikky said still giggling.

"Yeah, for like a second," Sami said. Nikky was just watching her.

"Are you ok? You've been quiet." Sami nodded

"I'm fine." She was still staring at Billie. The way he sang, it made her smile, the way he moved, it drove her wild. ‘God I need to stop this,’ Sami told herself. ‘I just met him two hours ago.’

"SAMI!" Katie yelled.

"What?" Sami spun around to join her friend's conversation.

"Mike said he saw you and Billie "together" in the hallway when he called for him. So, what happened?" Katie asked.

"Um...." Sami stuttered not knowing what to say. Nikky got impatient with her silence.

"Did you kiss him or not!?!" she said annoyed.

"No," Sami said simply.

"See, Nikky? You are the only one who kissed anyone tonight. You move too fast! Silly little 16 year old," Katie said with a laugh. Sami saw the look on Nikky's face. She looked slightly embarrassed.

"I almost did though," Sami quipped. They both spun to look at her.

"You did?"

Sami nodded. "I would have except Mike called Billie and..."

"HA!" Nikky cried triumphantly to Katie, cutting Sami off.

"Whatever," Katie mumbled.

The three of them watched the boys play for another 15 minutes until they were done. They all walked backstage talking about how drunk the guy in the front row was. Sami waited for Billie because he was the last one out. He looked over at Sami.

“The drunk guy didn’t pass out so I owe Mike 20 bucks,” he said with a laugh. Sami smiled and looked over at Katie, who had just finished giving Mike a hug. Sami caught a glance at Nikky who was laughing with Tre, who had his arm around her. Sami could feel Billie’s eyes on her. He slowly put his hand in hers. Sami felt her heart beat quicken.
Katie and Mike were going to go out to eat and Tre and Nikky wanted to go somewhere fun. So they all decided to split up and do whatever they wanted to do.

“Let just meet back here at…” Billie looked at the clock. It was 10:12. “Let’s meet here at 1 o’clock,. Ok?” he asked. Everyone agreed. As every one was leaving, Billie leaned up to Sami’s ear. “Come with me for a second,” he whispered. Sami shrugged. She was going to be out with him until one, why not start now. Billie held her hand and led her down hallways. Billie was reading signs trying to find out where he was going.

“Umm, Billie? What are we doing?” Sami asked after about 10 minutes. Billie smiled.

“You’ll see,” was all he said.

Two minutes later Billie stopped in the middle of a hallway.

“Here,” he said. Sami looked around at where they were.

“Billie…we’re in a hallway,” she said with a small laugh.

“I know,” he said. He led her to a wall and sat down with his back against it. Sami stood there, still holding Billie’s hand. She was starting to laugh. Billie patted the ground next to him. Sami, sill laughing, sat down. Billie leaned next to her ear and whispered, “Right where we left it.” Sami looked over at him.He was pointing to his lip with the same puppy dog pout as he had earlier. She giggled. “I get it,” she said. She leaned in again to kiss his lips. No interruption from Mike this time. It was just her and Billie in the same hallway that they had walked out of a few hours before.